Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by hair type : Other

4.1

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

The first time you smell this fragrance your mind wanders and Your heart races - a very feminine and highly sexual fragrance/tool.
Ceeya

When I first tried this perfume it gave me a massive headache, not gonna lie. It was really too much! My best friend swore by it and told me that whenever she used it people asked her what she was wearing. I received this perfume as a gift and completely changed my mind.. As I got used to the scent it started not to bother me anymore and after months I can definitely say that it's a very sexy and intriguing scent, I could recognize it anywhere! Love the packaging to death, very elegant and feminine and it gives me the idea of something mysterious and beautiful! I feel that this is the type of scent that you either love or hate though, there's no in between

A heavy scent of warm vanilla and spices.

I feel so elegant when Im wearing this, when my husband and I are going out. I´ve go the
100 ml, and it was totally worth saving up for.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This smells like a large dose of powder and some good vanilla on me, It's vety pleasant. Vanilla makes an awesome room freshener too.
The vanilla in this is almost edible, want to add some to my coffee or spray the kitchen. Really this is gorgeous.

**This is a review for the gold cap/dark purple and red version***

I am obsessed with this perfume. I am going to be so sad if I ever run out because this is the harder to find version. So long story short, I had this a loooong time ago but thought it smelled horrid, but by chance i was in Sephora a while back and thought to try it out again for whatever reason. Annoyingly enough, the Sephora by me had the older formula out as their tester...very misleading. Thus, much to my dismay the purchased item was the newer version (silver cap and it's red/darker red packaging) and it was just HORRID on me. I HATE IT!! It's opens with this strange sharp chemical tone that smells somewhat like burning rubber that just burns my olfactory senses like the fire of a thousand suns. I really hoped it would go away, but it just kept going and going several scrubs later. Also, it's just a loud, obnoxious perfume with quite some sillage unlike the older formula which is much softer, more understated feminine but still sexy and not as loud or obnoxious. I feel that I can wear the older version in public and know that I'm not polluting other people's noses with my perfume. Needless to say I returned this and immediately went on the hunt to find the older formulation (gold cap with red/purple packaging). Thankfully those random perfume kiosks/perfume discount store had one 3.4 fl. oz bottle.

Anyhow, onto my perfume tastes --> The perfumes I normally tend to gravitate towards are gourmands that aren't overly sweet, woodsy and clean. My all time favorite perfumes are 10 corso como and SL feminite du bois. Normally vanilla perfumes are not for me as they tend to be very fake smelling on me, as do coconut perfumes. At any rate this is amazing. It does start out a powdery licorice with a hint of play doh on me, but the play doh and licorice disappears within 30 mins on me and develops into this amazing cozy, warm, vanilla, powdery but not headache inducing powdery scent on me. I think there is a hint of muskiness to this as well but I'm not sure if I'm identifying it correctly?? I didn't get any of the "root beer" note that other reviewers mentioned, which is a shame because i love root beer! :) Anyhow I love this perfume and it's my perfect go to perfume when I want to have that extra pep in my step, my feel sexy perfume. I think the bottle is just so cute and chic. It just looks kinda vintage sitting in my perfume cabinet compared to my other perfumes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first spray I strongly disliked this scent, but given time with my body chemistry (truly, it seemed it took an hour), it morphed into something I absolutely had to own.

The first time I tried this, I tested in store along with Burberry Brit (one on each wrist). During the 30 or so minutes, Brit quickly settled into the warm vanilla it turns on me, while HP kept a strong tone that I just didn't like, reminiscent of playdoh. Disliking HP, I purchased Brit and left the store to go about the rest of my errands.

Fast forward around 30 mins-1 hr after I left the store. By now Brit had more or less faded and was becoming unnoticeable, but the scent of HP was still wafting into my nose and forcing me to take notice, and not in an unpleasant way. In fact, quite the contrary. Somehow the scent was still dramatically changing- improving. The playdoh-esque note that had originally offended me subsided completely. What was left was an utterly intoxicating scent of warm vanilla and almonds, plus something deep and mysterious (sorry, perfume novice with no talent for identifying ingredients). HP haunted me, and budget be damned, I returned to purchase shortly after the original Brit purchase. I simply had to have it. This scent is unique to any other I own and has become my fast favorite by far. When I'm wearing it I cannot get enough of my own scent and sniff myself like crazy, repeatedly. Highly recommending giving this one time to settle before judging, it may surprise you like it did me.

Not thrilled about the price, but will still gladly pay it again and again to keep this perfume on hand, should I ever run out.

On good days, it reminds me of the beach with a little suntan lotion and the saltwater taffy factory wafting its scent over the aged wood planks of the boardwalk. And a little of that wonderful Suave Milk & Honey handsoap.

On "bad chemistry" days, it reminds me of this guy that I dated in high school who had a strong vanilla air freshener in his car and wore loads of Drakkar Noir. I'm sure we must have stopped for a root beer soda somewhere on that drive.

It does get compliments and my DH loves it, but I always wish I picked something else to wear on the days I have this on. Don't let my review stop you from trying this popular and well-liked perfume, try for yourself and see where it takes you.

I'm sorry. I can't believe the rave reviews this stuff gets, because honestly, the first time I smelled it, it made me want to barf. Cloying, synthetic, fake vanilla, and, forgive me, a slightly..."unclean" quality. This perfume smells dirty. Got a bottle from a friend who knew nothing of my tastes. Sometimes for sh*ts 'n' gigs I shove the bottle under my nose, inhale, and gag. I never spray it, on my skin or anywhere near me. Bottle is tacky as f*** also.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

A fragrance that would suit both men and women. I read that they reformulated this and put it in a different bottle.. I have the original n plan on stocking up (lots of places have slow turnOver rates). It's so warm and pretty. Very pleasant. I get told 'you smell so good' when i wear it. It would make a good gift for gourmand lovers. It has a nice bitter smokiness that balances the sweetness.
P.S. There's a beautifully eloquent and detailed review of this by someone called nopasho on fragrantica.com. He/she explains all the different contrasts and the general feel of HP so well!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

I agree with lily, below. I tried this due to all the hype recently. While I like the root beer float middle stage, it dries down and opens up way too intensively and gets right in your nose and throat in a very unpleasant way.Like all the poisions, it always seems to border on a try-too-hard, femme fatale, tip.

Popular Fragrances