Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't get the constant hype for the whole poison line, I really don't. It's all cloying to the max, overly sweet and synthetic and totally one dimensional and cheap smelling - for me personally nauseating and instantly causing severe headaches.
And apart from that, at least in Germany, everybody and her mum are wearing this, and to put it in mild and friendly words, mostly the younger and older tacky "girls" - they seem to adore this. Totally irritating and an interesting thought why this line is so successful...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this! I've been using it since 2010, it's absolutely timeless. I used to mix this with normal vanilla perfume/spray, it compliments it beautifully.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this fragrance! I have been using it for years! It smells absolutely amazing - and smells completely different on everyone. I smell vanilla, spice and black liquorish. The staying power is very good. No need to reapply. I ran out a few months before Christmas this year but was instructed not to buy it for myself.. So I had to wait. It was a loooong few months. I missed my 'signature scent' so much I didn't feel like myself. I wear this everyday and get a lot of complements! People always comment that I smell amazing but not overwhelming. Just right. Love love love.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I normally hate HATE HATE vanilla-based fragrances. And this is decidedly vanilla based. It's very strong and lasts a long time. You probably don't even need an entire spritz, half is what I do and it lasts all day. For women, vanilla can be a hunger supressant and cause nausea in those who smell it all day long. This does not have that effect on me, when normally it would, because it's off-set with some spice and musk.

It's a heavy, musky, sweet scent that would be ideal for autumn and winter. It has an edge of spice. It's ideal for a young adult to older adult, maybe between 25 and up. It's a very sexy fragrance.

Pros: long lasting, small bottle will last a long time, wide age range
Cons: pretty expensive (about $80/1 oz), could be nauseating to those around you, easy to overdose on

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

For a long time I wore Armani Code and I love it. I started running out of it and was questioning whether I should spend my money on another bottle of that since it too it quite expensive. I decided to stop using it as I was reaching the bottom since I love it but was still unsure whether I want to go buy another bottle. Anyways, I was in Sephora and I ended up in the fragrance section about to pick up a bottle of Armani. The sales associate asked me if I needed help and I said I was picking up my usual but was still looking for something new. She then told me if I like sensual smells that the ultimate one was Hypnotic Poison. I smelled it, sprayed it and fell in love. It's nothing like Armani. The only thing they have in common is that they both SCREAM "sexy". This one is a vanilla oriental, kind of spicy. No doubt very unique. I've never smelled anything like this and I'm absolutely in love. Super dark, mysterious and sexy. You really don't need to spray a lot , so in a way you're saving money because you won't have I repurchase for ages. Simply amazing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I think Hypnotic Poison is one of the best gourmand orientals on the market. It's really well rounded with a lot of depth. It smells like almonds and a bit of jasmine mixed with vanilla and musk creating a dark slightly bitter aroma. I first bought this when it was launched in 1998, when everyone else was making light fruit cocktail scents. It just smelled so special and mysterious like Snow White's poison apple. I only wish they hadn't changed the bottle. The original bottle was made of glass dipped in liquid vinyl, which made it look and feel like a fetishy candy apple. The bottle I have now is still shaped the same, but the rubbery texture is gone. As far as the scent goes, the formulation I have now (2012 version) is very close to my 1998 bottle. This lasts all day on me with moderate to strong sillage depending on application.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first venture into high-end perfumes. I bought a tester first. Honestly, I really was not expecting this to work for me. I only tried it because I've been on a black licorice kick for some reason. The reviews also mention root beer, which I love the scent of as well.

But, wow! One little spray and I knew I'd be buying a full bottle. The scent has already been described, and clearly varies a lot with body chemistry, so I won't go into that. I will say that on me, it is warm and sweet (but not overly so) and sexy. So sexy!

To my complete and utter amazement, it passed the husband test. I would've worn it even if it hadn't, but that was a bonus. He haaaates nearly every perfume, but loves, not just tolerates, this. (To be clear, this isn't a factor in my love for this, just a nice surprise. I wear perfumes for myself, though of course it's nice to not make those around you feel sick if you can help it!).

The staying power is incredible, and it absolutely needs a light touch. One quick spray is plenty. I almost wish this came in a form in which you could just dab it on.

So, yeah...an unexpected, passionate affair for me with this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

On my skin it's too linear. Only almonds and vanilla, doesn't change as time goes by. Dare I say... it grows even stronger..? Silage is almost scary. Lasting power? Couldn't be any better! Not a fave though.

Eyes: Violet

this has been my fragrance for the past 2 years now and am loving it each day the problem is that am getting addicted to it, that i no longer smell myself when i spray on myself!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

One-shot review from an in-store tester:

Top note: very strong teaberry (traditional bubblegum smell, if you can imagine it without sugar).

Middle notes: teaberry, woods, vanilla, musk, and something that smells like...dirty laundry. But creamy, and strong.

Base notes: pleasant vanilla musk.

Overall: this fragrance really didn't work with my chemistry. The top and middle stages were both very strong, and a bit unpleasant. I felt a bit nauseous when I was driving around after spraying the tester. After about 45 minutes, it was OK, but I really feel I could get the effect of the base notes in a Body Fantasies spray for a lot less money and without the unfortunate drydown. If you have problems with "dirty laundry" notes in fragrances, avoid this, because the culprit is strong in this one. (No, I don't know what ingredient causes it).

Popular Fragrances