Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I remember when I first smell the EDT version in a store and the first thing I thought was that it was horrible, too sweet and strong. But then, 10 minutes later a sweet vanilla with a little bit of mint somewhere, a very "milky" scent, started exhaling from the piece of paper. All I can say is that I fell in love with it right away. I kept that paper with me for a WHOLE WEEK and I could still smell that delicious scent by the 7th day, less stronger of course, but still the same sweet, vanilla menthol. I decided that I wanted it as my signature smell and I needed to purchase it right away, so back to the store I went, but they didn't have it anymore. So, searching online to buy it, I discovered that it had another version, the EDP. I wanted to buy it- but I couldn't remember which one I smelled before, since the bottles are more or less a like, and I didn't want to take the risk.
Then I desesperately searched for another store, and there I saw them, the two red bottles. I tried the darker one first, the EDP. The moment you spray it, it doesn't smell as sugary sweet as the EDT, but in the dry down the vanilla appears a lot more, but in my opinion, this version is way less sweeter than the EDT. But don't go thinking this isn't sweet, THEY BOTH ARE, but the EDT is much, much more. What I love about it, it's the simplity of it- it's smell is basically almond and vanilla, and in my opinion, a bit of mint, even though I couldn't find it in the notes. While the EDP has the same familiar smell, I would say it isn't as basic as his brother. It has more notes, a LITTLE citric in the beginning, and a bit less sweeter- so I wasn't as amused by this one as I was with the EDT. It's good, but the original one it's just breathtaking. It's unique. And funny thing is, I always hated sweet scents. But I can't get enough of this one, even when it's summer and I go without using it for weeks cause I can't stand it (Warning, it is very, very strong in hot weather. It will suffocate you.) But when it's cold or a fresh weather, it smells completely different, it's crazy. It's like it was made for these days, it's just a fresh vanilla with almonds. It is a sexy scent.
People know it's me when I arrived somewhere because of the smell, the projection of this is MAD! I was asked a billion times what I was using saying it was delicious. Some people thought it was chocolate. Don't think you'll go unnoticed, cause you won't- but if you overdose it in how weathers, you may piss people off. 😆
The fixation lasts in me, like 6~7 hours of projection, from then on it's rent to the skin. I'd say it stays 14 hours. I THINK the EDP lasts longer though, but that's what I can say from the one time I tested it.
I've own it for more than 8 months now, and I don't think I'll change it so soon. I keep trying floral, fruity, musky and even sweet perfums but I always get sick of them and nothing, none of it compares to this piece of sweet heaven in a frask. ;)

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Usually, when I first spray a perfume, I smell the alcohol and am unable to really detect the top notes in the fragrance. But for Hypnotic Poison, I was surprised to smell some of the woody, warmness upon first spritz. I remember standing in Sephora, trying to put my finger on what the scent smelled like. Root beer! And I liked it! However, I'm reluctant to actually purchase something that smells like sugary drink. The spicy warmness makes this scent pretty unique and great for the fall and winter months. It reminds me of the cinnamon and cider scents of that time of year. I don't like the packaging, however. The bottle looks like a lumpy apple, which is not nearly as sophisticated as Dior's other fragrance bottle designs.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So, I've never owned this product, but we sell it at work and during the winter, I love wearing it. I noticed that this is primarily sold to and worn by an older generation, but I still love it. Out of the bottle, it does smell like a grandma perfume, but something about my body chemistry mellows it out and it smells like a great big HUG. It's spicy and sweet and warm (it's considered "modern oriental" with middle notes of jasmine and some other things) and it is a great feminine winter scent. Something about it makes me a little nostalgic for my childhood too. Maybe the spices....
This is a winner in my book. :)

I said "no" to buying this bc it's too pricey for me. But if I ever had the chance to own it for free, count me in. lol

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this so much better than the original Poison (a favorite of DH). It still has the "dirty girl" vibe without the "brick in the face" effect of the 80's version.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What's not to love about a cuddly almond fragrance? Caraway. I just want to dig each and every caraway seed out of this. Adding insult to injury, the drydown turns sour on me. So there.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this perfume my bf says it smell like sex lol ( I guess that's a good thing)

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

i had a few samples of this from an SA who thought she was so generous and gracious for blessing me with this as a "surprise." i should have sued her for cursing me with this crap! this is truly PURE POISON because it stinks and anyone who smells it will die a horrible, untimely death! and its so overpowering! GROSS! love jadore though, see review! =]

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this tonight. It's hard for me to describe the scent. My mom said it smelled like chocolate on my wrist but to me this reminds me of cool nights wearing a sweater. I am glad i bought it. it smells divine.
My mom said she could barely smell it not sure if that's a good thing or abad thing since i like people to smell me when i am wearing a new perfume. I also tried pure poison... i think i am going back to buy that one too since i wasn't sure at the store and now i am definately sorry i didn't buy it tonight as well.
I love the poisons my fave of course is the original poison,i got another bottle of that this week so i am on a perfume kick.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Smells like yummy play-doh at first... then becomes something much more interesting. Very sexy, very alluring. Always gets me lots of compliments! Yippee!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

positively orgasmic. ifeel so hot as soon as i pick up the bottle. the first spritz is amazing, the second ensures all day wear. a beautiful warm vanilla that retains mystery and magic. obviously my HG. i also had a guy tell me that he noticed my perfume and think of me everytime he smelled it now. is that not the true roadtest of a great perfume?

Popular Fragrances