Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by skin type : Other

3.8

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This smells like a large dose of powder and some good vanilla on me, It's vety pleasant. Vanilla makes an awesome room freshener too.
The vanilla in this is almost edible, want to add some to my coffee or spray the kitchen. Really this is gorgeous.

**This is a review for the gold cap/dark purple and red version***

I am obsessed with this perfume. I am going to be so sad if I ever run out because this is the harder to find version. So long story short, I had this a loooong time ago but thought it smelled horrid, but by chance i was in Sephora a while back and thought to try it out again for whatever reason. Annoyingly enough, the Sephora by me had the older formula out as their tester...very misleading. Thus, much to my dismay the purchased item was the newer version (silver cap and it's red/darker red packaging) and it was just HORRID on me. I HATE IT!! It's opens with this strange sharp chemical tone that smells somewhat like burning rubber that just burns my olfactory senses like the fire of a thousand suns. I really hoped it would go away, but it just kept going and going several scrubs later. Also, it's just a loud, obnoxious perfume with quite some sillage unlike the older formula which is much softer, more understated feminine but still sexy and not as loud or obnoxious. I feel that I can wear the older version in public and know that I'm not polluting other people's noses with my perfume. Needless to say I returned this and immediately went on the hunt to find the older formulation (gold cap with red/purple packaging). Thankfully those random perfume kiosks/perfume discount store had one 3.4 fl. oz bottle.

Anyhow, onto my perfume tastes --> The perfumes I normally tend to gravitate towards are gourmands that aren't overly sweet, woodsy and clean. My all time favorite perfumes are 10 corso como and SL feminite du bois. Normally vanilla perfumes are not for me as they tend to be very fake smelling on me, as do coconut perfumes. At any rate this is amazing. It does start out a powdery licorice with a hint of play doh on me, but the play doh and licorice disappears within 30 mins on me and develops into this amazing cozy, warm, vanilla, powdery but not headache inducing powdery scent on me. I think there is a hint of muskiness to this as well but I'm not sure if I'm identifying it correctly?? I didn't get any of the "root beer" note that other reviewers mentioned, which is a shame because i love root beer! :) Anyhow I love this perfume and it's my perfect go to perfume when I want to have that extra pep in my step, my feel sexy perfume. I think the bottle is just so cute and chic. It just looks kinda vintage sitting in my perfume cabinet compared to my other perfumes.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

OMG... Divine!

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This stuff smells so good, even my gynecologist wanted to know what I was wearing. I can't count the number of times I have repurchased this unbelievable mixture of vanilla almond heliotrope musky goodness. I promise that you will receive compliments for smelling so delicious when wearing this. I always do.

Love this perfume. In college a girl on my floor would always spray this as she was leaving and finally I caught her one day to ask what it was. This was it! I love it. it is very different from other perfumes, and doesn't smell like anything else I've ever tried. I am on my 2nd bottle and will be getting another one when I run out. It is more my night time/ winter fragrance because of its warmth and depth.

Jasmine, Almond, and Vanilla- A perfect combination! This is my one of my favorite Dior fragrances. Its sweet but in a sexy way, not like a little girl. I love this for a going out perfume. It's very strong so you only need a few squirts! The bottle is adorable as well.

I had a girlfriend who wore this perfume as her "signature" scent and I can still remember the first time I saw her and smelled this delicious fragrance. Call it a subjective opinion, but this is just about the darkest, sexiest, most sensual fragrance I've ever come across. Very, very intoxicating.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This perfume is sex in a bottle. It contains notes of spice, almond and vanilla, but I also smell notes of tobacco when I spray it. This is one of my other fav. fall/winter scents and I always get compliments when I wear it. It's sexy and womanly without being cloying or matronly. I also love the bottle, it looks like an apple in some dark fairytale. Love it!

For me, this is one of the best. It has a feminine musky drydown, with a slight licorice note in the top which makes it unusual. When I first tried it years ago I was ambivalent about it, but it has grown on me. I think it's one of the more feminine scents out there, but also has a nice warm drydown, not overly strong.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

this was my HG for a very long time! the bottle is kinda cheap looking but the scent is amazing! it is vanilla but not really sweet, more warm.. i do get a root beer feel to it but it is very modern and sexy.

Popular Fragrances