Dior Hypnotic Poison

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really think ppl want stuff because of the name or because others have it and I believe this is the case with this perfume because it is too expensive to smell like play do and I don't see the big wow with it. Now if it were dior addict then I could understand because that is the bomb.com. But hypnotic poison is a big no and I do like pure poison though that one is really good out of the poisons.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't get the constant hype for the whole poison line, I really don't. It's all cloying to the max, overly sweet and synthetic and totally one dimensional and cheap smelling - for me personally nauseating and instantly causing severe headaches.
And apart from that, at least in Germany, everybody and her mum are wearing this, and to put it in mild and friendly words, mostly the younger and older tacky "girls" - they seem to adore this. Totally irritating and an interesting thought why this line is so successful...

This smelled so unbelievably bad on me...like mouthwash and dimetap and something spicy and altogether unpleasant. No thanks!

I bought this perfume after spraying it on a tester, thinking it smelled pretty good. OMG. What was I thinking??? A few other people have compared it to Play-doh or plastic. That's about the reaction I had too. I sprayed it on my wrist, took one sniff, and promptly washed it off... except the darn scent was still there! It took several days and many washings to get all of the stink to disappear. One of the grossest things I've ever smelled.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I had a friend who wore this daily- made my son almost get an asthma attack he couldn't be around her...Sets off a migraine/sinus headache with me!
Horrible scent! Truly smells like bug spray....ANT POISON....sickly sweet and heavy.

I'm with you eletroheart I do not get this fragrance at all. Foolishly I bought this from smelling it from the bottle and it was in a gift pack for Xmas. I wore it for the second time tonight and I couldn't wait to get home and shower. Sweet, cloying and cheap sums it up. I almost felt like standing a little further apart from people at this party it was so hideous. Now even after I've showered I can still smell it. When will it end! Will give this away tomorrow to someone..anyone. Try this in your skin guys and see if you can sit with it for the whole day. Be warned, it's as subtle as a gun and it may just drive you nuts..in a bad way.

I'm sorry. I can't believe the rave reviews this stuff gets, because honestly, the first time I smelled it, it made me want to barf. Cloying, synthetic, fake vanilla, and, forgive me, a slightly..."unclean" quality. This perfume smells dirty. Got a bottle from a friend who knew nothing of my tastes. Sometimes for sh*ts 'n' gigs I shove the bottle under my nose, inhale, and gag. I never spray it, on my skin or anywhere near me. Bottle is tacky as f*** also.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I though this perfume was "the one". How wrong I was...first and foremost the scent does not stick to me no matter where I spray it (hair, back of neck, behind ears, knees, elbows, clothes...I've sprayed it everywhere and it will not stick) To have an expensive EDT that does not last on me for more than 30 mins is worthless. Secondly, I think they vanilla can be cloying. It's not something I want to smell when I wake up in the mornings so I think it's best suited for night time (for me at least). At this point I can't return it and can't afford another HE perfume so I will just use this up and never buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

if you left vanilla bean inside an empty wooden cabinet for a 2days, when you open the cabinet after those 2 days, what you will smell is hypnotic poison. HP is simply wood dipped in vanilla flavored water. . and for some reason HP makes my throat feel parched ..HP has a dryness to it that i dont like.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love pure poison. when I received this hypnotic poison fragrance as a birthday present, I have opened the package and throw away its box as I thought it would be as nice as pure poison. but when I tried it on my skin it was so heavy, sugary and not fresh. this smell doesnt go away and it lasts so long and I hate it more. I wish I have kept the box as I could sell it on the net. but now it just lays in my bathroom cupboard. I have also not liked this smell when my colleague is wearing it. it makes me sick when i smell this.

Popular Fragrances