Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.2

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love. I have adored many fragrances in my life, but this may be my favorite of them all. It is a yummy vanilla scent.... but in a totally sexy, deep, spicy, and intoxicating kind of way... not at all juvenile or cheap smelling (like so many vanilla scents out there). I don't think I could ever grow tired of this masterpiece.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been wearing this perfume since I was about seven years old-used to go into our local department store and spritz myself all over, I must have smelled ridiculous!! Bcuase this is a VERY grown up scent!! Now I'm all grown up, and I'll never ever be changing my perfume. I LOVE THIS SCENT. I always get compliments on it, from strangers, men in queues, customers at work: all of my friends associate the scent with me and me only. It lasts and lasts and lasts which I just love, great value for money though it's expensive. I always spritz into my (very long) hair, and under my clothes, and maybe a little spritz into the air I walk through before I head out. Men go absolutely crazy for this, I know for a fact my ex's can only think of me when they smell this, if you choose to make this your signature scent it really becomes your calling card! I recently spent a few months abroad, and on my return getting hugs I got countless "oh, you smell like YOU!" comments. I've had a few friends go and buy a bottle because they like it on me so much, but I do think that (body chemistry working with the perfume aside) you have to have a certain type of personality to suit this scent. It smells "red" to me.... that sounds really odd but it's the picture I conjure up when I smell it, red smoke. I could walk out of the house naked, but I need to have my perfume on!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A close friend started wearing this and one day I gave her a hug and smelt the most cozy, yummy and warm scent I had ever smelt. I crossed that " not wearing your friends fragrance line" and went out and got myself a bottle ( I asked her first haha)

I have worn many fragrances over the years but never have I felt so comfortable and snugly as I do in this one. I feel like it invites people to lean in closer to you and have found that men love it ( its foody/ gourmand for sure)

It has far more class than Angel, it's mature but not " old" it's day and night in the right weather and I use only 2 sprays one on the back of my neck and one on one forearm. It's a true skin scent after a couple of hours it just radiates off you gently and warmly.

When people say they get a Barbie doll plastic hint I know what they mean but I find that scent nice.

Please try it for yourself. Words can't really do this scent justice although I have tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first spray I strongly disliked this scent, but given time with my body chemistry (truly, it seemed it took an hour), it morphed into something I absolutely had to own.

The first time I tried this, I tested in store along with Burberry Brit (one on each wrist). During the 30 or so minutes, Brit quickly settled into the warm vanilla it turns on me, while HP kept a strong tone that I just didn't like, reminiscent of playdoh. Disliking HP, I purchased Brit and left the store to go about the rest of my errands.

Fast forward around 30 mins-1 hr after I left the store. By now Brit had more or less faded and was becoming unnoticeable, but the scent of HP was still wafting into my nose and forcing me to take notice, and not in an unpleasant way. In fact, quite the contrary. Somehow the scent was still dramatically changing- improving. The playdoh-esque note that had originally offended me subsided completely. What was left was an utterly intoxicating scent of warm vanilla and almonds, plus something deep and mysterious (sorry, perfume novice with no talent for identifying ingredients). HP haunted me, and budget be damned, I returned to purchase shortly after the original Brit purchase. I simply had to have it. This scent is unique to any other I own and has become my fast favorite by far. When I'm wearing it I cannot get enough of my own scent and sniff myself like crazy, repeatedly. Highly recommending giving this one time to settle before judging, it may surprise you like it did me.

Not thrilled about the price, but will still gladly pay it again and again to keep this perfume on hand, should I ever run out.

This stuff is gorgeous.
It IS very strong... so I think a walking-into-an-air-spritz of it is all anyone would need.
You get used to it very fast, so don't be tricked into thinking it fades and that you need to reapply. Rest assured it IS there... it is just nice, subtle and mellow.
It's the kind of fragrance that (when worn properly) you have to lean in to smell. The kind of scent I like (that way you aren't offending others with your perfume or having it be the first thing a person notices about you).
It's very soft, sexy and warm. A little dark almost (if that makes sense). Great for winter months and fall.
Whenever I wear it out to a club, and people have to lean in close to talk over the music, they always stop mid-first sentence to tell me how amazing I smell.
It sticks to things like my scarf and the collar of my coat, so I wouldn't apply it during the day (as I think the scent from my winter wear is enough).
The bottle is cute and nice. I like that it has some sort of coating over the glass so it doesn't break when dropped (I am prone to doing these things).
Total love for this perfume.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

i am totally addicted to this!! the bottle is so cute, i love the name, and the perfume is just to die for. it embodies everything i want in a fragrance. i'd say it smells like a sweet vanilla smoke. this is the perfect scent if you love vanilla or rich orientals.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've worn this fragrance for eleven years and have not found ANYthing that I like better. I sample others all the time and have resolved to the scent being "just me."

I don't find it flowery . . . or too sweet. It's very balanced, rich and sultry without being harsh.

A little goes a long way, I usually go through a 3 oz bottle a year. And scent is not only delicious, but long lasting -- and men, from Spain to Texas to Santa Fe love it.

I don't wear it much during the summer, preferring something much lighter (and cleaner) -- but it is certainly my signature fragrance nine months out of the year.

I don't recommend any fragrance. I think the scent has to "fit" the person. And Hypnotic Poison fits me like a glove.

Don't like it. Can't really put my finger on what notes I'm getting from it but nothing stands out and it just smells like some basic 'perfumey perfume'. Sorry Hypnotic lovers! Boring and kind of annoying.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is my go-to fall/winter perfume. I got a sample of it years ago and have been wearing it ever since. It is a very sexy, warm scent which I typically prefer and it has a definite note of vanilla. It has great lasting power and layered with the body lotion it smells great all day. Definitely one of my favorites!

Also… Cashmere Glow from Bath and Body Works smells VERY similar to this!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

A fragrance that would suit both men and women. I read that they reformulated this and put it in a different bottle.. I have the original n plan on stocking up (lots of places have slow turnOver rates). It's so warm and pretty. Very pleasant. I get told 'you smell so good' when i wear it. It would make a good gift for gourmand lovers. It has a nice bitter smokiness that balances the sweetness.
P.S. There's a beautifully eloquent and detailed review of this by someone called nopasho on fragrantica.com. He/she explains all the different contrasts and the general feel of HP so well!