Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.2

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Beautiful. Hypnotic Poison is a very creamy, almost milky almond which dries down to a soft and comforting dry vanilla. There is a slight note of licorice that I can detect but it is the first note to fade. The creaminess of the almond is amazing and what made me fall in love with this scent. I absolutley adore this one, and it is *perfect* for the colder months. I only wish Dior put out an EDP version... I find this is not as long lasting as it could be. Other than that, it's heaven in a beautiful, red glass bottle :}

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This scent is deliciously disturbing. The smell of almonds and aniset are SOOO stimulating to me, and having that top layer waft over me *really* arouses the senses, then to be gentled down by the vanilla-y base and incredibly soothed...wow! I wore this for a formal occasion, and will never forget the effect. And yes, root beer and Bailey's poured all over me sounds sublime!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of my favorite scents! It is such a distinct, unique, and original fragrance! It is warm, comforting, and delicious. This scent reminds me of licorice, coconut, and vanilla. However, it is not a tyical one-note "sweet" scent, like the kinds that smell yummy at first and then turn nauseating and heavy. This fragrance is complex enough without clashing or overwhelming. And I love the bottle! This is the only version of Dior's Poison that I love. I do not care much for the new Pure Poison, and even less for the original Poison. However, I love Hypnotic Posion, especially at night!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This is one of the nicest vanilla-based scents I have tried. It's not foody at all and I don't get root-beer or play-doh either, luckily. What I can smell is a warm, luscious vanilla with plenty of sandalwood and cedar to balance it out. There is also a hint of bitter almond, but not much jasmine to my nose. Very soft and feminine on me, but I wouldn't want it to be any sweeter! It lasts well and is very snuggly! A good one for the winter!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Nice, dark, powdery fragrance for an extravagant, elegant and passionate woman. However, believe it or not, Hypnotic Poison in EDP vanishes on my skin in less than two hours and you can't tell I put it on! On my Mom however, you just can't wash it out. Wonderful scent, but not for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This fragrance is so warm, beautiful and unique. I can't stop smelling myself when I wear this--I feel grounded, but sexy at the same time. Absolutely intoxicating! Excuse me....HYPNOTIC!!!

On me the EdT starts off with 5 minutes of wonderfull, wellblended sweet and nutty vanilla scent with a hint of coconut (strangely, there is no coconut in the ingredient list). But it dries down too fast, and ends up too dry and I'm left with only vanilla/musk. The staying power is not so good either, not on my skin. But sprayed on my clothes it lingers also the next day.
Too bad, because it smells divine on other women, just like how it smells on me when its newly sprayed. I guess it doesn't work its magic on me....UPDATE: After ten minutes of wearing it, I don't smell the perfume anymore. The scent just vanishes, and I could easily spray a couple of spritzes more. But I don't. I've discovered that even if I can't smell it on me anymore there is proof that others can. I can hear them think in silence. And they keep close to me. This doesn't happen if I wear any other scent, just HP. I wish I could smell it on myself.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A fragrance masterpiece. A rich, creamy, sultry, seductive and intoxicating vanilla type fragrance that is sure to make any man fall in love with you (as did my husband!). I haven't owned a bottle for a couple of years simply because it came time to move on but this is an absolute winner when it comes to fragrance. Definitely a winter/night only perfume though. This truly is sex in a bottle!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this based on the reviews alone and I am not disappointed. The fragrance is cozy and homey... it reminds me of snuggling up in front of a fire... perhaps it's the vanilla and almonds that evokes this image...also at times it even smells a bit smokey, like tobacco... definitely a sensual fragrance...also the bottle is super cute. This is definitely a fall/winter scent.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely luv hypnotic poison! It is very different from my typical fruity, summery scents that I luv. Buuuut, it is SUPER sexy. It has vanilla, musk, almond, and amber (I think). A very woodsy, but seductive fragrance.

Popular Fragrances