Dior Hypnotic Poison

This is one of the most sexy, intoxicating fragrances on the market, draws compliments mostly from men and is absolutely stunning. Have the reformulated edp and also the vintage and love them both even tho the vintage is definitely more rounded and longer lasting. Still highly recommend the new formulation, very addictive scent. Would definitely always have this in my collection.

When I first tried this perfume it gave me a massive headache, not gonna lie. It was really too much! My best friend swore by it and told me that whenever she used it people asked her what she was wearing. I received this perfume as a gift and completely changed my mind.. As I got used to the scent it started not to bother me anymore and after months I can definitely say that it's a very sexy and intriguing scent, I could recognize it anywhere! Love the packaging to death, very elegant and feminine and it gives me the idea of something mysterious and beautiful! I feel that this is the type of scent that you either love or hate though, there's no in between

To Read all 659 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really think ppl want stuff because of the name or because others have it and I believe this is the case with this perfume because it is too expensive to smell like play do and I don't see the big wow with it. Now if it were dior addict then I could understand because that is the bomb.com. But hypnotic poison is a big no and I do like pure poison though that one is really good out of the poisons.

Like the best and most expensive root beer float with yummy vanilla ice cream.

A heavy scent of warm vanilla and spices.

I feel so elegant when Im wearing this, when my husband and I are going out. I´ve go the
100 ml, and it was totally worth saving up for.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The perfect vanilla for people with a chemistry that turns other vanillas/sweet notes into a cloying mess. Hypnotic poison melts perfectly on my naturally warm temperature skin, to produce an AMAZING vanilla, almond, coconut, wood musk, slightly salty smell (PHEW that was long!). And probably I should mention that the outcome is not a foody one! It's a strangely human scent, it almost feels as if it has a pulse. I cant get over how alive and natural it smells to my nose. And at the same time its so calming and cuddly. I also love how it doesn't project too far but has a great lasting power. As an introvert I don't like to be noticed by everybody but only by a select few people. But I do want my perfume to stay on. So this is perfect. To sum up, Hypnotic poison certainly deserves its' reputation!

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This smells like Tabu with a large dose of powder and some ++vanilla on me, It's pleasant but nothing too special. On the other hand as a ROOM freshener its gorgeously wonderful! the vanilla is almost edible. I've not as yes freshened the car or the kitchen, but think it would work just as well for there too.
I would definitely hope to be gifted this again when it runs out

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My boyfriend thinks this is the sexiest scent ever (so I got it as a present) but I don't like it at all! I still gave it 3 stars because of how much he loves it..

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love. I have adored many fragrances in my life, but this may be my favorite of them all. It is a yummy vanilla scent.... but in a totally sexy, deep, spicy, and intoxicating kind of way... not at all juvenile or cheap smelling (like so many vanilla scents out there). I don't think I could ever grow tired of this masterpiece.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was once an amazing beauty. The original EDT, which was awe inspiring because it projected more like an EDP. It was rich and beautiful. I bought a bottle recently and it was not the same. It was as if the old EDT was an EDP and the one that is out now is a watered down EDT version of it. It still has the DNA of Hypnotic Poison, but it is much lighter, and doesn't project as well. Sad, but this is true of many of the classic scents of yesteryear that used to command attention, but now hardly whimper.

Popular Fragrances