Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by age: 56 & Over

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Best of the three, this is a Poison I can survive with on a daily basis. This Poison's fumes expand and grow minute by minute, giving you an ultimately powdered, spicy experience. Reminiscent of true orientals from yesteryear, it delivers a solid, steady wood-filled punch for hours.
I love when perfumes give me images when I wear them. It makes wearing them all the more interesting.
Veils of foggy mists on undulating mountains, overlooking lush valleys interspersed with lakes on a raw, damp day. The air is chilled and the grey skies won't let the sun through. It's a bit soggy underfoot, the pine needles are soft and quiet as I am walking. An occasional branch snaps as I maneuver through the trails. Pillars of evergreens form an open roof above me. That's where Hypnotic Poison takes me.
It's a cool weather scent that I haven't become tired of and reach for regularly.
Top Notes: Apricot, Plum, Coconut.
Middle Notes: Tuberose, Jasmine, Caraway, Lily-Of-The-Valley, Brazilian Rosewood, Rose.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Almond, Musk, Vanilla.

I don't know why I never paid attention to this gorgeous scent. I have the original Poison and I LOVE it (I love that kind of scent). Then I smelled Dior Addict and was underwhelmed. I hate Dolce Vita. Maybe that's why I let the rest slip by.

Anyhoo, I went to Sephora yesterday and asked for a sample of this. Oh, Dior, why did I ever doubt you? This is so beautiful. My kinda scent: heady, mysterious, oriental, and most importantly: UNIQUE ... If you are a Eau de Mallrat fan, stay away from this. But it's going to be your loss.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this so much!! Smelled it on a stranger in Herald Square Macy's and she told me the name. So... I bought the large size. Haven't opened it yet. By coincidence, 2 days later, I was in Mt Kisco, visiting a friend, We popped into a local boutique (forgot the name). On the counter by the cash register were bottles of fragrance called 'Jessica'. When I asked the SA if this was a Jessica Simpson perfume she said, no it's named after the boutique owner and it's "inspired by" Hypnotic Poison. Of course, i tested it, and i was FLOORED !! It's so dead on I could not believe it. Nevertheless, I didn't purchase it ($28). This shop has only a 2 week return policy and since I had just purchased the real thing, I wasn't sure I wanted to go thru the whole switcheroo. I will now try to find the name of the Mt Kisco shop and when i do I will update this message.

Update: Found the name of this shop: Purple Passage, tele # 914-864-2900, and yes, they will ship. And no, I am not a spammer, nor am I receiving any form of payment.

I for one am sick of the immature rants about different fragrances. Isn't it enough to state the perfume just did not work for you and why? If you are old enough to wear fragrance then you are old enough to articulate why you might dislike it without sounding like a 10 year old. I happen to like this fragrance very much. It seems to work well with my particular chemistry. It is also long lasting which is important to me. A complex and lovely scent! I don't usually see anyone mocking me for wearing it either. (See a previous review)

I totally, 100% agree with MellyHelly's review. I can't add more to it other than that I wish my co-worker would cease to smother herself in it. I often leave the office thinking I'm wearing it and can even TASTE it! I blame myself. I was the guilty party who gave her my original sample of this. It's hideous

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I was given two samples of Hypnotic Poison to try and, after giving it an honest amount of dry down time, have to say it didn't develop into anything special on my skin. The bottle is decent, the price okay and the quality of the product is excellent - but I would not wear it.

It is strong, even in the tiniest amount and I must say it lasts forever on the skin. So you get your money's worth. It DOES open with a strong root beer scent on me. But not your ordinary A & W root beer. No. It's a $10 glass of gourmet root beer you can only find in a small upscale bistro somewhere. And that's all that happened on my skin during the opening and middle dry down. Eventually that disappeared and a very strong dry, faintly floral, powdery base note appears and stays until I shower. It's all very heavy and weighs me down.

I think this is one that might interact strongly with individual chemistry for good or ill and I was clean out of luck.

I love this perfume. I could say that I am "addicted" to it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This scent is very seductive and has a very appropriate name--hypnotic. The vanilla essence of it just invites your man to smell your neck. My husband loves it. He is almost to the point where he does not want me to wear it around anyone but him. When I put this on, I feel as though I can make him do my every bidding & then some.

Popular Fragrances