Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.8

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

The first time you smell this fragrance your mind wanders and Your heart races - a very feminine and highly sexual fragrance/tool.
Ceeya

Yes, I do. This is definitely not for everyday life, work, church or the office. One spray should suffice and thus, it will turn out to be very affordable. Definitely a foodie vibe, but perfect for cuddling on a cold night. I have had my bottle for years and never tire of it, but again, it is a winter scent. Enjoy

This is one of the most sexy, intoxicating fragrances on the market, draws compliments mostly from men and is absolutely stunning. Have the reformulated edp and also the vintage and love them both even tho the vintage is definitely more rounded and longer lasting. Still highly recommend the new formulation, very addictive scent. Would definitely always have this in my collection.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I've always steered clear from the Poison line because I associate it with a very heady type of fragrance. Not my cup of tea, or so I thought....

I dislike vanilla in a fragrance, and oriental fragrances, period. Just doesn't work with my body chemistry. While at Sephora during this past winter, I spritzed on HP out of curiosity. Never in a million years did I think an oriental, vanilla would stop me in my tracks.....in a good way! The vanilla doesn't morph on my skin into a giant bottle of vanilla extract, and there's another distinct smell; however, cannot place it for anything. All I know is it doesn't smell like a lot of fragrances on the market today. People say they smell almonds, or almond cookies, but I don't smell almonds. However, do smell sandalwood, a creamy vanilla and spicy caraway. When people write they smell play-doh, I have to laugh. There is a slight play-doh smell, but trust me, HP smells a lot better than play-doh.

I first wore this during the winter with jeans, turtleneck and boots. What a perfect fragrance to wear. When spring arrived, tucked my sample away. Couldn't fathom wearing this during spring and summer. Well, one day I just had to wear this during a hot summer day to see if it would be suitable. Oh my.....the warm sweetness of HP is perfect for summer. As a matter of fact, do prefer wearing it in summer over winter.

Never thought I would have a bottle shaped like a red apple on my vanity. Do think it adds a certain charm.

HP isn't a fragrance I wear every day, it's a fragrance I wear when I need a break from my usual florals and fruity/florals, and it delivers!

If you're looking for a non-cloying, rich and heady, spicy vanilla, recommend testing HP.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Wore this today and oooooh it's such an exotic, beautiful smell! Probably better for the colder months, but I got a bit dressed up today and wanted an exquisite smell to go with my new outfit! I have a decant, will definitely be picking up a full bottle this fall! My daughter will definitely be borrowing this. =)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Iv been in love with this for years. It kinda smells between chocolate and play dough. Its delicious. The down side is that I cant find a copy.

I've been wearing this scent since it first appeared on the market. I've tried others . . .most recently Vera Want Princess Night, which is also a little heady with the vanilla, but always go back to my HP. I've accepted the fact that it is and will forever be my signature scent. LOVE it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The other day I sprayed on Pure Poison and loved it but saw reviews that said this one was much better..WRONG-O! This is absolutely horrible, made me literally sick to my stomach! I think I washed my hand, where I'd sprayed it on, least a dozen times but still smelled it until I finally washed it with some tub cleaner that finally knocked out the ODOR! Do not buy this unsprayed because apparently it had a bad reaction on ME! UGH!

I ordered samples from The Perfumed Court of this and Pure Poison and Tendre Poison..Not impressed with this one. Smells like burnt vanilla, with a musty rather stale aroma. My C.O. Bigelow Vanilla smells better, although extremely similar. Nope, not a Dior fan.

I love this scent, particularly in the winter. It is so comforting to put your nose down your polo neck and smell this wafting up all day. The notes I get are coconut, vanilla, almonds and heliotrope. It has very good sillage and excellent staying power for an edt. Would purchase again.

Popular Fragrances