Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 36-43

4.9

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love. I have adored many fragrances in my life, but this may be my favorite of them all. It is a yummy vanilla scent.... but in a totally sexy, deep, spicy, and intoxicating kind of way... not at all juvenile or cheap smelling (like so many vanilla scents out there). I don't think I could ever grow tired of this masterpiece.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

OMG... Divine!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I first smelled this on a friend of mine years ago when it was first released. I am a perfume junkie and this to me smelled like nothing else out there at the time. It was bewitching, seductive, sexy and well, hypnotizing! I immediately went out and bought a bottle for myself. It is definitely a stronger scent and not necessarily for everyone and I would not wear this during the day, at least in the summer. But for evenings and especially during the cooler months, it is fabulous! I find that I don't use this all the time, not because I don't absolutely love it, but because it is one of my favorite SPECIAL fragrances that I want to save for certain occasions when I am feeling sultry and sexy.

This is a wonderful fragrance. I am addicted to it and like some of the others- I crave the scent of it. This is my Holy Grail fragrance. I adore it.

Hypnotic Poison is one of my all time favourites - this stuff is amazing!! I first smelled it when it first came out - a girl I worked with bought a bottle and it was so unique and gorgeous smelling, I decided I had to have it too! However I didn't purchase it straight away, but when I did and wore it myself for the first time, I wondered what had taken me so long!!! On me, this is a sexy and spicy mix of vanilla and almond. What a sensational combination!! (Well, I think so anyway!) I don't think I will ever be without this....I get complimented on it frequently and I personally don't think I will ever get tired of this divine fragrance.

I was a teenager in the 80's when the original Poison was launched...that purple bottle full of sickly sweet, cloying POISON. I wouldn't go near it....it was an 'older woman' scent for Joan and Jackie Collins type women - definitely NOT my style.
This is why I have avoided all the Poison reissues and additions since....
THEN!
I was in Sephora in the US and saw this red pumpkin bottle...for old times sake I thought I'd just see how vile a Poison scent could be....and oh lordy - I fell in love.
This works beautifully for me, musk, amber, vanilla...very warm, very sensual, very 'me'....maybe beacuase I'm older now - it just works...like liquid gold.
So much so I also have the body lotion and shower gel.....this once Poison snob is now a convert.
A beauty - not complicated, but heartwarming....

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After a few years of trying HP and only getting root beer float, this scent is finally starting to click with me. Not quite in love with it yet, but I really like it now. I'm surprised by the reviewers who say this is powerful and long lasting, though...my skin seems to eat it up and I can't detect it after an hour or so. Oh well - I got it for an amazing price online, so I don't mind re-spritzing. It's an interesting scent that seems to drive men crazy, which is never a bad thing. ;-) I just wish it were fuller, rounder...something's missing....but still, a good one.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This scent is deliciously disturbing. The smell of almonds and aniset are SOOO stimulating to me, and having that top layer waft over me *really* arouses the senses, then to be gentled down by the vanilla-y base and incredibly soothed...wow! I wore this for a formal occasion, and will never forget the effect. And yes, root beer and Bailey's poured all over me sounds sublime!

Popular Fragrances