Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.9

I was 18 or less when I got a sample of this. I was having a dinner at my grandma's and sniffing the sample thinking "omg this is amazing".. I was too young to be confident enough to wear this but I admired it so much. I imagined a gorgeous woman smelling like this and hoped to become one one day.. 20 years later and I am so ready to rock this fragrance. I still feel the same admiration as I felt back then. But now it is me who is wearing it.. ;-)

A heavy scent of warm vanilla and spices.

I feel so elegant when Im wearing this, when my husband and I are going out. I´ve go the
100 ml, and it was totally worth saving up for.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love. I have adored many fragrances in my life, but this may be my favorite of them all. It is a yummy vanilla scent.... but in a totally sexy, deep, spicy, and intoxicating kind of way... not at all juvenile or cheap smelling (like so many vanilla scents out there). I don't think I could ever grow tired of this masterpiece.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It's my all time favorite. I love it. A perfect vanilla fragrance , especially for fall/winter. It is sweet ,warm and sexy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't get the constant hype for the whole poison line, I really don't. It's all cloying to the max, overly sweet and synthetic and totally one dimensional and cheap smelling - for me personally nauseating and instantly causing severe headaches.
And apart from that, at least in Germany, everybody and her mum are wearing this, and to put it in mild and friendly words, mostly the younger and older tacky "girls" - they seem to adore this. Totally irritating and an interesting thought why this line is so successful...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this fragrance, very soft and sensual.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

OMG... Divine!

I felt this fragrance everywhere when I was in Italy two years ago. I'm sure it is one of the most popular perfumes there. For my nose it's all about vanilla, almond and coconut, has enormous sillage ad longevity. It's a bit one-dimensional, as everything is sweet in it. I think it suits the stereotypical Italian perfectly, because it's loud, sensual, but rather a family-lover than a party-goer. Although I like this scent, I can only appreciate it on others, because it's too strong for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I think Hypnotic Poison is one of the best gourmand orientals on the market. It's really well rounded with a lot of depth. It smells like almonds and a bit of jasmine mixed with vanilla and musk creating a dark slightly bitter aroma. I first bought this when it was launched in 1998, when everyone else was making light fruit cocktail scents. It just smelled so special and mysterious like Snow White's poison apple. I only wish they hadn't changed the bottle. The original bottle was made of glass dipped in liquid vinyl, which made it look and feel like a fetishy candy apple. The bottle I have now is still shaped the same, but the rubbery texture is gone. As far as the scent goes, the formulation I have now (2012 version) is very close to my 1998 bottle. This lasts all day on me with moderate to strong sillage depending on application.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first venture into high-end perfumes. I bought a tester first. Honestly, I really was not expecting this to work for me. I only tried it because I've been on a black licorice kick for some reason. The reviews also mention root beer, which I love the scent of as well.

But, wow! One little spray and I knew I'd be buying a full bottle. The scent has already been described, and clearly varies a lot with body chemistry, so I won't go into that. I will say that on me, it is warm and sweet (but not overly so) and sexy. So sexy!

To my complete and utter amazement, it passed the husband test. I would've worn it even if it hadn't, but that was a bonus. He haaaates nearly every perfume, but loves, not just tolerates, this. (To be clear, this isn't a factor in my love for this, just a nice surprise. I wear perfumes for myself, though of course it's nice to not make those around you feel sick if you can help it!).

The staying power is incredible, and it absolutely needs a light touch. One quick spray is plenty. I almost wish this came in a form in which you could just dab it on.

So, yeah...an unexpected, passionate affair for me with this!

Popular Fragrances