Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by age: 30-35

4.1

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

One of my earliest fragrance memories involves the original Poison, so it holds a special place in my heart. I always like sampling the flankers as well, as most of them have been very nice on me. I have kind of a love-hate relationship with gourmand fragrances, mainly because I find vanilla to very common but very rarely executed to its full potential, but I think Hypnotic Poison is one of the instances where vanilla really realizes something above sexy baked goods. Maybe it is that little heart of the original Poison, with all of its mystery and depth, that takes it to the next level for me. The bottle is freaking gorgeous too, this is an incredibly sultry perfume and it wants you to know it. I prefer the original Poison and Pure Poison above the Hypnotic, but Hypnotic is a nice addition to the family nonetheless.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I discovered this scent when I was 18, and it's definitely been my signature for 12 years now. Deep, dark n sexy, I never thought I'd think a perfume could be!! Always gets compliments!!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really think ppl want stuff because of the name or because others have it and I believe this is the case with this perfume because it is too expensive to smell like play do and I don't see the big wow with it. Now if it were dior addict then I could understand because that is the bomb.com. But hypnotic poison is a big no and I do like pure poison though that one is really good out of the poisons.

Like the best and most expensive root beer float with yummy vanilla ice cream.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This smells like a large dose of powder and some good vanilla on me, It's vety pleasant. Vanilla makes an awesome room freshener too.
The vanilla in this is almost edible, want to add some to my coffee or spray the kitchen. Really this is gorgeous.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My boyfriend thinks this is the sexiest scent ever (so I got it as a present) but I don't like it at all! I still gave it 3 stars because of how much he loves it..

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was once an amazing beauty. The original EDT, which was awe inspiring because it projected more like an EDP. It was rich and beautiful. I bought a bottle recently and it was not the same. It was as if the old EDT was an EDP and the one that is out now is a watered down EDT version of it. It still has the DNA of Hypnotic Poison, but it is much lighter, and doesn't project as well. Sad, but this is true of many of the classic scents of yesteryear that used to command attention, but now hardly whimper.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my signature fragrance, I've went through a bottle a year since discovering it in 2001. I love it so much, but it has been reformulated. It is not as strong or as sexy as it used to be. I try to find bottles without the gold ring around the top, but I'm starting to want a new signature fragrance. This is also a perfume that will get you noticed and you will receive compliments, but if you tell people what you are wearing, they will go out and buy it. I hate that really, it just kills the special quality you have with the perfume. Also this is a try before you buy perfume. It's very sweet, almost smells like root beer with tonka beans, vanilla, jasmine & spices. I just adore it so much, and I wear it year round too.

So my advice is to buy the older version and don't tell anyone what it is!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just completed the sign up process on here just so I could leave a review on this. Reviews guided and (some) helped me on my search for a new scent so I felt it right to return the favor. The past 2-3 months, I had been on a search for a new fragrance. When it comes to scents/perfumes, I am far from knowledgeable about what's out there and my tastes drastically drift towards sweet; gourmand is a word I recently learned also stands as its own category for scents.

My favorite scent of all is vanilla. I cannot get enough vanilla. So I researched fragrances that had a good kick of vanilla in them. When I would be near a store that sold fragrances, I would go in and try to remember the names of various ones that I had read about. I remembered reading about Hypnotic Poison when I came across it at Sephora. I sprayed myself and was very displeased. Did not like it. However, during the car ride home, I started smelling something that I kinda liked. It was definitely different compared to what I was used to but I was not as offended as I had been when I did that first spray.

Few weeks later I am at Ulta. I seek out this scent again and spray myself. Only this time, I was more favorable to it. Once again, about 30 minutes later, I pick up on a scent that i fall in love with. The dry down, which takes about 30 minutes on me, is wonderful. I fell in love with it after that second time. Thought about it for a couple more weeks and then went today a bought it.

Because I am very inexperienced with all the various smells out there, I cannot tell you, in specifics, what it is exactly that I smell in this other than it has a "reserved" sweet smell to it. Meaning that it's not an overly strong sweet smell. I do smell vanilla in it and for that I am pleased. I had been wearing Britney's Fantasy and JS Fancy. This is not as sweet as those, and I do love those. Thinking of those two reminds me that I have read many reviews where people are absolutely trashing them because either they feel they aren't "sophisticated" enough or that those scents should be worn only by teenagers. People putting age limits on fragrances is beyond me and if you like something, one shouldn't care what it is or what other people will think. It's one thing if you don't like it and describe why and give your opinion, which we all should be able to do, but it's another thing when the person insults the fragrance and all who wear it in a most disrespectful manner. The second I see the tone of the review is disrespectful or full of explanation points being used like they're oxygen, I move on to the next. But I digress.......

This is a wonderful fragrance, however, it took me two full times of its spraying and drying process to fall in love with it. My husband actually likes this on me so that's a plus. He usually doesn't care for anything stronger than a body splash so this was surprising. I do wish this was not as expensive as it is but to me, it's worth it. The bottle is cute. The lid seems like it is going to stay on snugly and that's all I care about as far as the bottle. The bottle could look like a booger but as long as the lid stays on and this wonderful scent comes out of it, I do not care.

It also lasts quite awhile on me. Hours. Much longer than any other fragrance I have used. It lasts even longer on my jackets and clothes. One jacket in particular still held its scent 5 days after the fact.

If you like fragrances with a reserved sweet tone to them but I would give this a shot. For me it took a couple times trying but was well worth it. I wish I could have been more specific in terms of describing different notes I picked up on in the scent, but again I am new to this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is my go-to fall/winter perfume. I got a sample of it years ago and have been wearing it ever since. It is a very sexy, warm scent which I typically prefer and it has a definite note of vanilla. It has great lasting power and layered with the body lotion it smells great all day. Definitely one of my favorites!

Also Cashmere Glow from Bath and Body Works smells VERY similar to this!

Popular Fragrances