Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by age: 25-29

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The perfect vanilla for people with a chemistry that turns other vanillas/sweet notes into a cloying mess. Hypnotic poison melts perfectly on my naturally warm temperature skin, to produce an AMAZING vanilla, almond, coconut, wood musk, slightly salty smell (PHEW that was long!). And probably I should mention that the outcome is not a foody one! It's a strangely human scent, it almost feels as if it has a pulse. I cant get over how alive and natural it smells to my nose. And at the same time its so calming and cuddly. I also love how it doesn't project too far but has a great lasting power. As an introvert I don't like to be noticed by everybody but only by a select few people. But I do want my perfume to stay on. So this is perfect. To sum up, Hypnotic poison certainly deserves its' reputation!

Vanilla scent. I would be complimented once or twice a week regarding this scent. Made me feel sexy. 4/5 because a bit strong.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is my latest HG everyday fragrance. I work at a medical office, so wearing a powerful, overbearing scent is a no-no. Hypnotic Poison is very soft, warm, and friendly.

When I first sprayed this, I smelled root beer. I like root beer but I don't necessarily want to smell like it. But then, after the dry down, I couldn't get enough of that enticing vanilla scent. Vanilla fragrances are my go-to because they just work the best with my chemistry. This one is a grown-up vanilla, though- a sexier vanilla.

I agree with the other reviewers that this is a boyfriend-friendly fragrance. It won't give you that headache that some other scents will when you get too close to it. It's a good scent to wear when snuggling :)

Hypnotic Poison is very easy to wear, so I'd recommend it to anyone who likes vanilla notes in their perfume. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because it doesn't last all day, so I have to re-spray.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this fragrance! I have been using it for years! It smells absolutely amazing - and smells completely different on everyone. I smell vanilla, spice and black liquorish. The staying power is very good. No need to reapply. I ran out a few months before Christmas this year but was instructed not to buy it for myself.. So I had to wait. It was a loooong few months. I missed my 'signature scent' so much I didn't feel like myself. I wear this everyday and get a lot of complements! People always comment that I smell amazing but not overwhelming. Just right. Love love love.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This stuff smells so good, even my gynecologist wanted to know what I was wearing. I can't count the number of times I have repurchased this unbelievable mixture of vanilla almond heliotrope musky goodness. I promise that you will receive compliments for smelling so delicious when wearing this. I always do.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

too sweet from my taste but a nice smell

This isn't bad once it settles, but for a truly hypnotic scent by Dior, I recommend Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle. Too bad rumor is Dior is discontinuing it. Stop discontinuing your best creations Dior! I still miss Miss Dior Cherie L'eau (which is very different from the Poison scents).

I bought this perfume after spraying it on a tester, thinking it smelled pretty good. OMG. What was I thinking??? A few other people have compared it to Play-doh or plastic. That's about the reaction I had too. I sprayed it on my wrist, took one sniff, and promptly washed it off... except the darn scent was still there! It took several days and many washings to get all of the stink to disappear. One of the grossest things I've ever smelled.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a lovely perfume, oriental vanilla sweet and creamy. It does smell like rootbeer float in a sophisticated way to me if you know what I mean. The longevity is good even for the edt. It probably not for everyone but if you like yummy oriental vanilla perfume, you should check this one out!

One of my favourites perfumes for winter and autumn !!!! I guess that most women know that is a vainilla perfum!! Well I love it! is so femenine, so sweet, so provocative!! You feel like a sex symbol with it :D aahahah. I guess that is for women from around 23 to 65...so abarcative! I just use it for important things, like job, meetings, going to the shopping, is not for a simple walk, or gym.....men will love you!!

Popular Fragrances