Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by age: 25-29

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hypnotic Poison EDT is easy to like. It’s a smooth vanilla. I do get the root beer scented Play-doh that so many experience, but that dissipates as time passes and the vanilla sticks around as the prominent note. Also, I think Hypnotic Poison is a toned down, not as heavy version of Dior Addict. If you tried Dior Addict but thought it was a bit too heavy, then you might want to try Hypnotic Poison. I find it much more wearable than Addict. To my nose, Addict has always seemed best suited for powersuits in boardrooms or for long black gowns at a gala. On the other hand, Hypnotic Poison could suit a college student or a businesswoman or a homemaker or really anyone as long as they love vanilla.

All vanilla lovers should try Hypnotic Poison. I’ve never had the chance to test the EDP, but the EDT is smooth, sexy, longlasting, and garners many compliments. Plus, who could resist that red bottle?

Can you imagine if Dior came out with a lotion or body cream or a body wash for Hypnotic Poison?? Heaven.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The perfect vanilla for people with a chemistry that turns other vanillas/sweet notes into a cloying mess. Hypnotic poison melts perfectly on my naturally warm temperature skin, to produce an AMAZING vanilla, almond, coconut, wood musk, slightly salty smell (PHEW that was long!). And probably I should mention that the outcome is not a foody one! It's a strangely human scent, it almost feels as if it has a pulse. I cant get over how alive and natural it smells to my nose. And at the same time its so calming and cuddly. I also love how it doesn't project too far but has a great lasting power. As an introvert I don't like to be noticed by everybody but only by a select few people. But I do want my perfume to stay on. So this is perfect. To sum up, Hypnotic poison certainly deserves its' reputation!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Vanilla scent. I would be complimented once or twice a week regarding this scent. Made me feel sexy. 4/5 because a bit strong.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is my latest HG everyday fragrance. I work at a medical office, so wearing a powerful, overbearing scent is a no-no. Hypnotic Poison is very soft, warm, and friendly.

When I first sprayed this, I smelled root beer. I like root beer but I don't necessarily want to smell like it. But then, after the dry down, I couldn't get enough of that enticing vanilla scent. Vanilla fragrances are my go-to because they just work the best with my chemistry. This one is a grown-up vanilla, though- a sexier vanilla.

I agree with the other reviewers that this is a boyfriend-friendly fragrance. It won't give you that headache that some other scents will when you get too close to it. It's a good scent to wear when snuggling :)

Hypnotic Poison is very easy to wear, so I'd recommend it to anyone who likes vanilla notes in their perfume. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because it doesn't last all day, so I have to re-spray.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this fragrance! I have been using it for years! It smells absolutely amazing - and smells completely different on everyone. I smell vanilla, spice and black liquorish. The staying power is very good. No need to reapply. I ran out a few months before Christmas this year but was instructed not to buy it for myself.. So I had to wait. It was a loooong few months. I missed my 'signature scent' so much I didn't feel like myself. I wear this everyday and get a lot of complements! People always comment that I smell amazing but not overwhelming. Just right. Love love love.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This stuff smells so good, even my gynecologist wanted to know what I was wearing. I can't count the number of times I have repurchased this unbelievable mixture of vanilla almond heliotrope musky goodness. I promise that you will receive compliments for smelling so delicious when wearing this. I always do.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

too sweet from my taste but a nice smell

This isn't bad once it settles, but for a truly hypnotic scent by Dior, I recommend Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle. Too bad rumor is Dior is discontinuing it. Stop discontinuing your best creations Dior! I still miss Miss Dior Cherie L'eau (which is very different from the Poison scents).

I bought this perfume after spraying it on a tester, thinking it smelled pretty good. OMG. What was I thinking??? A few other people have compared it to Play-doh or plastic. That's about the reaction I had too. I sprayed it on my wrist, took one sniff, and promptly washed it off... except the darn scent was still there! It took several days and many washings to get all of the stink to disappear. One of the grossest things I've ever smelled.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a lovely perfume, oriental vanilla sweet and creamy. It does smell like rootbeer float in a sophisticated way to me if you know what I mean. The longevity is good even for the edt. It probably not for everyone but if you like yummy oriental vanilla perfume, you should check this one out!

Popular Fragrances