Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 19-24

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I didn't buy this, but I tested it out in the store, and it smells exactly like Play Doh. Not a very sexy, sweet, or mysterious scent. If you want this smell, just rub Playdoh on your wrists, you will smell the same lol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a huge fan of gourmand sweet scents, but not this one. I was recommended this at Dillards since I said I was looking for a vanilla scent. But this just pulled off as a straight up licorice. No vanilla. I'll pass.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

One word to describe it: cheap- it has the word written all over it. It's packaging-extremely tacky(what is it supposed to look like? The apple given to snow white?).It smells like vanilla, almonds, and rootbeer. It is alleged to smell 'sexy', which is why so many women flock to buy this fragrance, knowing all too well that they don't associate vanilla with sex. Why some people seem to associate gourmand fragrances with sex is beyond me in the first place. Consequently, the crowd it attracts is a cheap one-women who wear this fragrance just because it is 'supposed' to 'attract' others. The only thing I see it attracting is nausea.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

A fragrance that would suit both men and women. I read that they reformulated this and put it in a different bottle.. I have the original n plan on stocking up (lots of places have slow turnOver rates). It's so warm and pretty. Very pleasant. I get told 'you smell so good' when i wear it. It would make a good gift for gourmand lovers. It has a nice bitter smokiness that balances the sweetness.
P.S. There's a beautifully eloquent and detailed review of this by someone called nopasho on fragrantica.com. He/she explains all the different contrasts and the general feel of HP so well!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

i am totally addicted to this!! the bottle is so cute, i love the name, and the perfume is just to die for. it embodies everything i want in a fragrance. i'd say it smells like a sweet vanilla smoke. this is the perfect scent if you love vanilla or rich orientals.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't own this perfume, my best friend does. I put it on everytime I go to her house though and it really does last for hours. It smells amazing and I've been meaning to go out and get my own bottle but I just haven't gotten around to it. I don't get how anyone could not love this but whatever.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very seductive fragrance there is something so warm and sensual about this classic scent. It lasts well on skin and tens to smell better and better with time.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been wearing this perfume since I was about seven years old-used to go into our local department store and spritz myself all over, I must have smelled ridiculous!! Bcuase this is a VERY grown up scent!! Now I'm all grown up, and I'll never ever be changing my perfume. I LOVE THIS SCENT. I always get compliments on it, from strangers, men in queues, customers at work: all of my friends associate the scent with me and me only. It lasts and lasts and lasts which I just love, great value for money though it's expensive. I always spritz into my (very long) hair, and under my clothes, and maybe a little spritz into the air I walk through before I head out. Men go absolutely crazy for this, I know for a fact my ex's can only think of me when they smell this, if you choose to make this your signature scent it really becomes your calling card! I recently spent a few months abroad, and on my return getting hugs I got countless "oh, you smell like YOU!" comments. I've had a few friends go and buy a bottle because they like it on me so much, but I do think that (body chemistry working with the perfume aside) you have to have a certain type of personality to suit this scent. It smells "red" to me.... that sounds really odd but it's the picture I conjure up when I smell it, red smoke. I could walk out of the house naked, but I need to have my perfume on!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This smells lovely and very sexy scent. It would be a great scent for a date out and it gets many compliments. It has a vanilla warm scent to it. It creates a sense of warmth when you wear it. It is very heavy so spray lightly. It definitely is not for the faint of heart. Also, if you don't like vanilla, this is not the scent for you. This is the perfume that I plan to wear for the NewYear's Eve party!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of my favorite scents! It is such a distinct, unique, and original fragrance! It is warm, comforting, and delicious. This scent reminds me of licorice, coconut, and vanilla. However, it is not a tyical one-note "sweet" scent, like the kinds that smell yummy at first and then turn nauseating and heavy. This fragrance is complex enough without clashing or overwhelming. And I love the bottle! This is the only version of Dior's Poison that I love. I do not care much for the new Pure Poison, and even less for the original Poison. However, I love Hypnotic Posion, especially at night!

Popular Fragrances