Essie Sugar Daddy

4.1

LOVE!!! This is the BEST my-nails-but-better polish I have ever used. I like this more than Dior Nail Glow or Nails Inc. Illuminator. Essie's Sugar Daddy is a super-sheer, milky shade of baby-pink. It is so perfect! It makes my nails look IMMACULATE.

This polish isn't opaque and it's not supposed to be. Excellent formula, very smooth application. Two coats gives me look I want with this one.

I would absolutely buy this one again, and I think it's a staple for any nail polish collection. HIGHLY recommended!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Hmm...
I've been hunting for the perfect mid-tone pink polish. This is not that.
Putting that aside, it's not a total waste. This is a super sheer pink. Even after 5 coats, this is not opaque. It's pretty and not streaky at all. The shade blends with my neutral light-medium skintone, which can look very polished and understated. The best use for me is to apply one or two coats of this polish to correct for how badly yellowed my nails can get. This really helps to neutralize the yellow and make my "natural" nail color much more attractive.
I don't know if I'd repurchase but it's not a bad product. Simply a matter of personal taste.

To Read all 174 Reviews, Login or Join

Sugar Daddy is a sheer, pink colour. A my-nails-but-better look. It will give your nails a sheer wash of pale pink, but it is not overly milky or white based. It will not reach opacity within 4 coats, so it's not a colour to wear if feeling bold. It looks best with two coats. It is suitable for subtle day to day wear, including in an office or conservative workplace. It is a simple shade, however I personally prefer Essie Baller Slippers, as I think it suits my skin colour. I will finish Sugar Daddy but not repurchase.

Every one who wears nail polish should own Sugar Daddy or at least a similar shade. It gives you that neat, clean "my nails but better" look. Very classy and elegant. Don't expect to get an opaque color out of this because you won't unless you put on 5-6 coats. One coat gives my nails a barely there shade of milky pink color and two coats is already noticeable although the tip of my nails is still visible. It's a perfect nail polish for doing a jelly sandwich manicure. I normally apply 2 coats, a glitter polish and then I top it off with another coat. If I use it with my Essie gel setter top coat I look like i have a gel manicure. And did I say sugar daddy never streaks and shines like crazy!? I can honestly say this is one of my favorite nail polish. The only downside for me is the price... cost €14 from where I am.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this polish and am now on my second bottle. It's my nails but better and without the awful streakiness that I get from most nude polishes. This applies like a dream and wears for about a week with no chips with Seche Vite topcoat/gelous basecoat combo. Perfection in a bottle and I haven't found anything else that even comes close. A++++

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

HG perfect sheer pink polish that gives my nails a pretty my nails but better effect.
Big brush, so easy to apply, one layer is extremely sheer, two layers gives a pink hint
My go to sheer polish when I have clipped my nails (I keep my nails extremely short and I don't like a darker nailpolish on my short nails)

Being a guy I love this on my nails looks natural and give nails a healthy look just posted a pic of sugar daddy on fingers and toes - i think I have awesome nice nails compared to most men and women even so why not show them off ? What do you think ? Last pic of toes with a toe ring - notice a lot of guys and girls have nasty feet and still wear sandals right ?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Have tried soooo many sheer pinks trying to get that My Nails But Better look. I thought I'd found my Holy Grail with Essie Mademoiselle, but circumstances caused me to look elsewhere (you can look up my review of Mademoiselle if you want the full story, but this is not the place for that). So I went back to searching and was happy to stumble on Essie Sugar Daddy.

I'm not going to declare this my Holy Grail for fear of jinxing it, but this is a really good sheer pink for me. I have pale, cool-toned skin, and this is a lovely, soft, not-too-milky, not-too-peachy sheer pink. I prefer it with one coat for a perfect MNBB look, but even with two coats it's neither too pink nor too milky (just a little more opaque than I prefer, but still okay). This polish makes my nails look clean, healthy, and pretty, exactly what I was hoping for. I also love that it doesn't make the tips look dirty or greyed, as some sheers (especially peachy ones, at least for me) can do.

Super pleased with this polish, and so glad I found it.

This is my favorite sheer polish. Many sheer pinks tend to look too milky and can streak or pool on the nails. This one doesn't streak or pool and the pink tint is just right for a "my nails but better" look.

It doesn't look good on me because it comes up too pink and I'm pale. I need to find a whiter version.

Popular Polishes