Essie Sugar Daddy

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have been looking for a good sheer nude/pink polish. Sugar Daddy by Essie is perfect. Unlike most of the nude polishes I've tried, this does not streak. It doesn't look too white. It leaves a sheer pink wash of color that's not too light or too dark. It makes my nails look beautifully groomed and healthy. I used a base coat, 3 coats of Essie Sugar Daddy to get the maximum pink glow, and a top coat.
It went on smooth with no streaks. No Streaks. That fact makes this nail polish worth every penny. With other nudes, i've had to use 3 coats to even out the color and it gets too opaque. It never "looks like my nails only better". Sugar Daddy "looks like my nails only better"
I don't have the best manicure technique. I didn't need a lot of cleanup after Sugar Daddy.
It dries fast. I don't know if it really needs a top coat, but I am hard on my nails. I used a base coat because my nails have some ridges.
I'll try it on a pedicure.

Essie Sugar Daddy is my go-to classic sheer pink nail polish shade. I've had this baby for years and she is my go-to for job interviews, important work events and any other occasion where a bright nail shade would be inappropriate. It has a great formula, it looks best with two coats - giving nails great shine and a sheer wash of pink. It's not going to reach opacity as it is not designed to, so I don't believe that it needs more than two coats. It has great lasting power, around 5 days when paired with base and top coat. It doesn't suffer from tipwear and is fairly chip resistant. It dries quickly and to a shiny finish. This is the perfect colour to reach for if you need to look pretty, polished and minimal. This is one of my favourite sheers for sure and I highly recommend it! A+

This was my first essie nail polish. After this, I never purchased nail polish from another brand. It is an adorable pinkish nude and I really liked it. i now prefer mademoiselle to this because it is more versatile (sugar daddy gives a rosier tint than mademoiselle, which I sometimes didn't want).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favourite nude nail varnish. Gives a perfect illusion of healthy, pink nails. I usually mix it with one layer of Mademoiselle and put this one o top if I don't want to have my nails looking too pink (I have olive undertones in my skin and it can look artificial) which happens with two layers.

Makes everything look clean, neat and elegant.

Mind you, only on short nails. It is not opaque enough to cover yellowed nails (I have never neglected my nails to that extent and I hate even moderately longer nails on me when the outgrown edge starts to be visible) - for this task, it is best to get a whitening nail polish from Inglot and just shorten your nails.

I had my bottle for over 3 years, I store it in the fridge, it is half full and perfectly usable and still liquid, it is a really nice formula, quite shiny too. Also I like the new design of a wide brush, which makes application truly flawless and speedy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Even though I have a small nail polish collection (only 10), 5 of them are pink. This however is my favourite purchase of all of them. I wish I could have found it cheaper, but it's a popular colour so I can't complain really. My first nude pink was OPI's bubble bath and it makes my nails look yellow compared to this. It's perfect for my skin tone (nc15-20) and looks just like how I wish my natural nail beds looked. Without a top coat, you can hardly tell that my nails are painted. The paint also lasts for forever, I've had no chips in a week with no top coat on.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I hate this polish Tried it three times now and even with base coat still is streaky. I need at least 3 coats to get it to look even and then it's counterintuitive to its purpose which is a sheer color. Every other Essie polish I have I love...angora cardi, chinchilly, lady like, mint candy apple, eternal optimism etc

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hi purchased Essie Sugar Daddy to do french manicures with and I couldn't be happier with this nail polish. It goes on smooth and creamy, self levels and doesn't streak at all. The color is a sheer, milky peachy/pink. With three coats I can hide my yellowish nails which is a real plus for the product. My manicure usually lasts a week with a quick dry top coat. This and Essie Mademoiselle are my favorite polishes for french manicures. I will definitely buy again when I run out.

This is an Essie sheer bridal type polish. Essie do sheers well, it's easy to apply and easy to get an even coverage with this, what you get at 1 coat is what you get at 2 or 3 coats, an even wash of milky nude pink that looks as if you buffed your nails are are not wearing polish. As my nails are stained very yellow from constantly wearing polish, 3 coats of this managed to cancel out the worst of the staining and make my nails appear nice and clean and healthy. Sometimes it's appropriate to have nice looking nails with undetectable polish, this is a polish for those occasions.

LOVE!!! This is the BEST my-nails-but-better polish I have ever used. I like this more than Dior Nail Glow or Nails Inc. Illuminator. Essie's Sugar Daddy is a super-sheer, milky shade of baby-pink. It is so perfect! It makes my nails look IMMACULATE.

This polish isn't opaque and it's not supposed to be. Excellent formula, very smooth application. Two coats gives me look I want with this one.

I would absolutely buy this one again, and I think it's a staple for any nail polish collection. HIGHLY recommended!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hmm...
I've been hunting for the perfect mid-tone pink polish. This is not that.
Putting that aside, it's not a total waste. This is a super sheer pink. Even after 5 coats, this is not opaque. It's pretty and not streaky at all. The shade blends with my neutral light-medium skintone, which can look very polished and understated. The best use for me is to apply one or two coats of this polish to correct for how badly yellowed my nails can get. This really helps to neutralize the yellow and make my "natural" nail color much more attractive.
I don't know if I'd repurchase but it's not a bad product. Simply a matter of personal taste.

Popular Polishes