Essie Sugar Daddy

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Even though I have a small nail polish collection (only 10), 5 of them are pink. This however is my favourite purchase of all of them. I wish I could have found it cheaper, but it's a popular colour so I can't complain really. My first nude pink was OPI's bubble bath and it makes my nails look yellow compared to this. It's perfect for my skin tone (nc15-20) and looks just like how I wish my natural nail beds looked. Without a top coat, you can hardly tell that my nails are painted. The paint also lasts for forever, I've had no chips in a week with no top coat on.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I hate this polish Tried it three times now and even with base coat still is streaky. I need at least 3 coats to get it to look even and then it's counterintuitive to its purpose which is a sheer color. Every other Essie polish I have I love...angora cardi, chinchilly, lady like, mint candy apple, eternal optimism etc

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hi purchased Essie Sugar Daddy to do french manicures with and I couldn't be happier with this nail polish. It goes on smooth and creamy, self levels and doesn't streak at all. The color is a sheer, milky peachy/pink. With three coats I can hide my yellowish nails which is a real plus for the product. My manicure usually lasts a week with a quick dry top coat. This and Essie Mademoiselle are my favorite polishes for french manicures. I will definitely buy again when I run out.

This is an Essie sheer bridal type polish. Essie do sheers well, it's easy to apply and easy to get an even coverage with this, what you get at 1 coat is what you get at 2 or 3 coats, an even wash of milky nude pink that looks as if you buffed your nails are are not wearing polish. As my nails are stained very yellow from constantly wearing polish, 3 coats of this managed to cancel out the worst of the staining and make my nails appear nice and clean and healthy. Sometimes it's appropriate to have nice looking nails with undetectable polish, this is a polish for those occasions.

LOVE!!! This is the BEST my-nails-but-better polish I have ever used. I like this more than Dior Nail Glow or Nails Inc. Illuminator. Essie's Sugar Daddy is a super-sheer, milky shade of baby-pink. It is so perfect! It makes my nails look IMMACULATE.

This polish isn't opaque and it's not supposed to be. Excellent formula, very smooth application. Two coats gives me look I want with this one.

I would absolutely buy this one again, and I think it's a staple for any nail polish collection. HIGHLY recommended!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Hmm...
I've been hunting for the perfect mid-tone pink polish. This is not that.
Putting that aside, it's not a total waste. This is a super sheer pink. Even after 5 coats, this is not opaque. It's pretty and not streaky at all. The shade blends with my neutral light-medium skintone, which can look very polished and understated. The best use for me is to apply one or two coats of this polish to correct for how badly yellowed my nails can get. This really helps to neutralize the yellow and make my "natural" nail color much more attractive.
I don't know if I'd repurchase but it's not a bad product. Simply a matter of personal taste.

Sugar Daddy is a sheer, pink colour. A my-nails-but-better look. It will give your nails a sheer wash of pale pink, but it is not overly milky or white based. It will not reach opacity within 4 coats, so it's not a colour to wear if feeling bold. It looks best with two coats. It is suitable for subtle day to day wear, including in an office or conservative workplace. It is a simple shade, however I personally prefer Essie Baller Slippers, as I think it suits my skin colour. I will finish Sugar Daddy but not repurchase.

Every one who wears nail polish should own Sugar Daddy or at least a similar shade. It gives you that neat, clean "my nails but better" look. Very classy and elegant. Don't expect to get an opaque color out of this because you won't unless you put on 5-6 coats. One coat gives my nails a barely there shade of milky pink color and two coats is already noticeable although the tip of my nails is still visible. It's a perfect nail polish for doing a jelly sandwich manicure. I normally apply 2 coats, a glitter polish and then I top it off with another coat. If I use it with my Essie gel setter top coat I look like i have a gel manicure. And did I say sugar daddy never streaks and shines like crazy!? I can honestly say this is one of my favorite nail polish. The only downside for me is the price... cost €14 from where I am.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this polish and am now on my second bottle. It's my nails but better and without the awful streakiness that I get from most nude polishes. This applies like a dream and wears for about a week with no chips with Seche Vite topcoat/gelous basecoat combo. Perfection in a bottle and I haven't found anything else that even comes close. A++++

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

HG perfect sheer pink polish that gives my nails a pretty my nails but better effect.
Big brush, so easy to apply, one layer is extremely sheer, two layers gives a pink hint
My go to sheer polish when I have clipped my nails (I keep my nails extremely short and I don't like a darker nailpolish on my short nails)

Popular Polishes