Neutrogena Makeup Correcting Stick

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Girls, this product is for sale at newegg.com for $3.99 with no shipping! I just bought mine and I love it. So before you pay too much on eBay, check it out! This is an awesome product. However, I have a tip for you regarding mascara boo boos. Hit the smudge with your blow dryer on medium for about 5-10 seconds, then with a cotton swab you can flake it right off. I know it sounds crazy but it works! It's a great way not to disturb your eye makeup. Just very gently flick it with the swab! Oh, CHECK THIS OUT, I just came across 6pack of these for $10.99 on overstock.com! Enjoy!

I quite like the product itself. It does what it says and removes makeup mistakes, will even remove the whole lot if needs be.
I like that it doesn't leave my skin greasy after I wipe off the makeup so I am good to go with reapplying.
I hate the thick pencil it comes in, it is useless when you are trying to clean up delicate small areas around the eyes, you end up wiping away more than you wanted. A thin pencil with an end you could sharpen to a point would have been better.
I actually de-potted mine like you do NYX jumbos into a 10gm jar and use Q-tips, makes clean up a whole lot easier.
Great idea just needs a better design.

To Read all 21 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/27/2008 9:47:00 PM

I'm not sure what to think about this thing really. I picked mine up on ebay for like £2, it's not bad but it's nothing amazing, y'know?

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I love this stick for correcting eye makeup mistakes. If you rub a little on the mistake and wipe it off with a cotton swab the error is gone. If there was no wipe-off step and the stick was a little skinnier, I would give 5 lippies.

on 12/22/2007 2:08:00 PM

This is an extremely handy thing to have around for correcting minor makeup mistakes. It's a thick pencil of clear, waxy material that you swipe over stray eyeliner or mascara or what-have-you mishaps. Then use a cotton swab to wipe off the mistake and corrector. Easy-peasy, and because it's a pencil, it's far more convenient for travel and on-the-go touch-ups. I really like this, though it seems to have been discontinued. You can still buy them for relatively cheap on eBay, though I'm keeping an eye out for similar products from other brands. I have to say that I like this style of makeup remover pencil better than the Revlon one (which was a pen with fluid remover inside that dispenses through a felt tip. It worked but was a little messier). I only wish this came with a built-in sharpener.

on 9/2/2007 2:18:00 AM

I have a tendency to get mascara all over my face when I apply it, so this product is a godsend.

My only gripe is sharpening the pencil. Fits into my sharpener without a problem, but I can't seem to sharpen it to much of a point.

on 1/23/2006 3:23:00 AM

I purchased this on a whim at Walgreen’s because I was curious--and it was marked down to $1.99. It does remove mascara smudges, but unfortunately also removes any eyeshadow that may be in its way. *UPDATE* I was a bad girl the other night and fell asleep without taking my makeup off. Of course, I woke up with huge raccoon eyes. Out of curiosity, I rubbed this correcting stick underneath my eyes and then wiped it off with a tissue. With one swipe, my raccoon eyes were history. I’ve definitely found a new use for this product.

on 12/3/2005 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Had a real catastrophic eyeliner boo boo undereyes and this cleaned it up so beautifully. I was really impressed because I have very sensitive skin, and was worried using this right under my eyes might really sting or cause redness. Instead, it cleaned up the error really well without wrecking neighboring makeup. What a find!

on 9/16/2005 6:49:00 PM

I'm not sure what's up with the bad reviews - it seems like they didn't get how to use it or got a bad one. Anyway, I have to agree with the majority; this is great! It's a lot like the Avon "Erase your Mistakes" pencil. Just wipe, q-tip off, and go! Best invention ever.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I rather like this correcting stick! At first I thought it was a bit frivolous, but it makes erasing makeup mistakes so much faster when you're rushed in the morning. I like to use it to soften any harsh eyeliner edges on the lower lashline and to smudge away any stray mascara or eyeshadow/liner marks. Very handy product, and I have experienced any tugging at all! Just swipe on and wipe with Q-tip.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools