Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

3.9

Glycerin, Water, Isopropyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Camphor, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Hydrogenated coco-glycerides, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 80, EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 11/7/2016 2:19:00 PM

I received this product in my Birch-box and I had high hopes for this product. The smell is like Vick's Vaporub, it seems greasy but it's not. I actually got rash from this product, very disappointed and would never ever purchase or use again even if it was given to me for free.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Absolute best product for painfully chapped skin. I wash my hands very, very frequently and rarely moisturize after washing, since I hate getting lotion on everything I touch. This means my hands dry out pretty terribly, sometimes to the point where I get cracking and bleeding between my fingers.

In hand creams I look for something that acts as a treatment, which I can leave on for a few hours to heal my hands. When they look particularly bad I slather a generous amount of Yu-Be on and work the product into my hands while I watch TV - it really does work better when you massage it into your skin. I either wipe or wash off the excess and afterwards my hands feel normal again. If you want to use this like a regular hand cream use a very small amount so it can sink in completely.

Really recommend this product for people whose hands get unusually and painfully dry. I've tried a number of other creams - L'Occitane, Herbacin, Aquaphor, Neutrogena Norwegian Formula, Body Shop Hemp hand cream, Working Hands, etc. None of them work nearly as well for chapped hands. If you're a regular user of Yu-Be be sure to buy the 2 oz tub, as it's a better value ($20-25 for 2.2 oz versus $16 for a 1 oz tube). Online skincare retailers often have 15-20% off codes that apply to this product, and it's occasionally discounted to $20 on Amazon.

To Read all 85 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/3/2016 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product came to my attention when it was a Sephora sample. It is not an everyday moisturizer, I don't think, but on those harsh winter days in NYC -- cold, wind, indoor heating, etc -- this cream has saved my face. It smells like Blistex, but the smell fades really fast. It saved me from flaking, itchiness -- and hopefully prevented a few wrinkles.

on 2/27/2016 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

No offense everyone... but I'm having trouble swallowing that so many people here are paying like $50 for this*.

This is just Yuskin-A. As in, the kind you can get for under USD$10 in Japan. You got that? OK, moving on.

This is a review for Yuskin-A, at the price that Yuskin-A is in Japan. You can buy a huge tub that will last you a year for very little money!

I used to use SkinCeuticals Hydra Balm on my skin when it is is sensitized and in need of some kind of barrier repair. This has replaced that, for me. You still may prefer Hydra Balm if you don't like herbal smells.

I actually tried a sample of Yu-Be that I got from Sephora in some haul or another. At the time I liked it, but the price made me lol so I didn't think about it.

I was browsing adambeauty and found Yuskin-A, and thought it looked familiar. Lo and behold, it's Yu-Be by any other name.

Sometimes I use this on my feet, sometimes on my hands and cuticles, sometimes on my face. It's just a barrier cream, it will not perform miracles - but it's a very good barrier cream that smells soothing to me.

I recommend it, at Japanese prices anyway!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm pretty happy with this product, minus a few "wish list" contentions.

Bottom line: how moisturizing is it? I'd say 8/10. I could see it not being enough for the driest of skins, but it's probably the heaviest thing I'd use on my face this winter as I'm starting to need a more substantial moisturizer.

The texture reminds me of a urea cream for the heels of your feet / elbow patches. that may be off putting to some users. It also has a very medicinal smell, so this is a product for function, not style. I would use it at night, when alone. It will sink in, and your skin will be plump by morning without a greasy sheen. It does absorb, but not right away.

When I put it on in the morning, it messed with my foundation and other skin care products because it sits on the skin for about 10-15 minutes before sinking in. Ideally, a product would sink right in so I could use it for mornings when I was too lazy to apply at night.

I purchased the 2.5oz size and will continue to use until finished. It's not HG per se, but it's overall a good product.

on 12/20/2014 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Probably one of the best marketing moves this company made was to include a sample in beauty gifts/subscriptions for people to try, since this product is so unassuming otherwise. The packaging and smell did not lead me to expect much from this product-- the consistency was also thick, and reminded me more of asian tiger balm than a beauty product. But since it was from Japan (and Asian beauty really IS the best), I kept it even though I didn't try it for a looooong time. Then I kept seeing this product mentioned being mentioned in various venues and so my curiosity grew. As winter weather made my normal skin very dry, chapped, and flaky, I decided it was time to give this baby a try. First I put it right to my lips, since it is the only explicit use for the product (otherwise just "dry areas"). I had been through about a dozen different lip balms/chapsticks from high end to drugstore and nothing was relieving my dry, chapped lips...it had been several weeks of dry, flaky lips-- once any lip balm wore off, my lips would instantly dry and peel again. So this was my last hope, and since nothing else had worked, I didn't expect much...but omg, was I pleasantly surprised!!!

At first application, the cream is smooth, but the scent of camphor is overwhelming so i didn't like it right away. But literally just a few minutes later I felt my lips were healed (and the smell went away, as promised). After it was fully absorbed, I waited, drank, and ate, and even hours later my lips were supple and soft!! Even though I tested it with just a tiny amount of the stuff (and really this stuff is made to be used sparingly!), it worked wonders on first application! OMG, HG PRODUCT! Then I used it on my hands which have been so dry lately that even after applying hand lotion it would get dry again -- and yube did it again! it was a miracle worker and my hands felt soft and stayed that way!

This product doesn't have any big marketing campaigns to US consumers (that I've seen), and the packaging leaves much to be desired, but the fact that it continues to grow in popularity globally just goes to show that a good product is enough to stand on its own-- also, beauty insiders and subscription services definitely help!! I'm so impressed I plan to buy again and again, and spreading the good word on this beauty secret! Really glad I was given a sample, otherwise I never would have tried (well, at least not until I keep seeing this come up in more reviews/recommendations).

A beauty staple must!

on 12/5/2014 10:16:00 AM

It's very hydrating, I'll give it that much. But the smell. My god, the smell is atrocious. I'm not usually that picky about the fragrance of skin products, but this is unbearable. It's medicinal, it's strong, and it lingers for a long time.

The product also leaves a bit of a greasy residue. I've resorted to using this just on my feet at bedtime since that way I can't smell it as much and my socks absorb the residue.

This might be worth a try if you have a significant dry skin issue that you need to address -- it is indeed very emollient. But I can't imagine this being anyone's go-do skin lotion unless they want to smell like they're being prepped for surgery.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Results. In the end, that's all that matters. I have been using this for the past 2 years and nothing has worked better for me. The rundown:

1) The packaging blows. It's not fancy, it doesn't look "classy". It comes in a white and orange plastic jar.

2) The cream is bright yellow. It also smells like medicine. It doesn't smell great like Creme de la Mer or Natura Bisse.

3) The price is high for how it looks. But it's actually really cheap considering how well it works for me. But it would be nice if the price went down, since I'm not one to say no to extra savings.

I've tried L'Occitane Shea Butter Face Moisturizer (Not moisturizing enough). Shiseido Bio Performance Revitalizing Cream (it's good, but my skin started developing redness for some reason). Creme de la Mer (too heavy for my face, just right for my under eye and laugh areas, but eventually replaced by Kiehl's Avocado Eye Cream). Natura Bisse Diamond Cream (nice scent but to strong and irritated my skin). I tried countless cheap brands from the drugstore too (Oil of Olay, Neutrogena, L'Oreal, Aveeno). Nothing kept my skin as moisturized with one application as Yu-be. Didn't irritate me, keeps me smooth, no breakouts. I'm 38, which shocks people when they see me because they think I am in my 20's.

Of course I would buy it again, because it works for me. I don't know if I recommend it. Recommendations can get you in trouble because in the end, we are individuals and what works for me may not work for you. I have very dry skin. It's somewhat sensitive from time to time. I stay away from face applications with fragarance most of the time. No alcohol ever applied to the facial skin. No acne, no laugh lines, but prone to being bitten by insects.

Though I think reviews are important (I read them all the time myself before deciding to try something), they only go so far. You can honestly rave about something that would be totally wrong for someone else. That said, I can say without a doubt that I will horde this product should the zombie apocalypse happen. And since I know it works for me, the only thing that concerns me is whether I can always get it again when my supply runs low.

on 10/20/2014 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Could not stand this cream for its thick and greasy feeling and smell. I used it a few times and couldn't stand it. Thankfully it was a sample so I threw it out.

on 10/14/2014 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

There has been a lot of hype over this product and got it as a present, so I was gung ho to use it. Ultimately, I didn't like this product because of the smell, combined with average performance as a hand cream.

I have very dry hands and while mositurizing, this cream felt like it was sitting on top of my skin more than sinking in. The fragrance is very medicinal/camphor like. It honestly felt like someone mixed glysomed with badger balm and the bad traits from those two shines in this product. I actually mixed the two that I had at home and it was eerily similar (although slightly different smell). Note: like some reviewers say, the smell dissipates in about 30 minutes.

The price is $26 CAD for 2.5oz and both Glysomed and Badger balm are under $10 which really makes it on the pricy end of hand creams. I do like jars though as they're easier to get all the product out of.

I think if you like glysomed, but find it a bit too thick, and you like herbal products, you mayyyyy like this. (But that feels like a stretch and I'm not convinced I would recommend this product.)