Revlon Norell

No Image

1 review

on 1/27/2009 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

First, I would like to thank the lovely ladies on here that recommended it, and helping me get the courage to try it. Thank you!! I'd also like to give a shout out to The Bombshell Manual of Style, which is what planted the seed of "must have norell" in my head. I bought the version by 5 star, which bought it from Revlon. I have never smelled the original but my mother went crazy when she smelled this, telling me how all of her mothers glamorous friends would wear this, my sin, and arpege. she said to me "Elizabeth, it smells old, but it smells glamorous. Bring it back, baby!"
And honestly, I do FEEL glamorous wearing it. It doesn't smell completely unique, and the bottle cap is a bit cheap, but there is something about it. Every time I get a whiff of it I just want to swoon and sashay. I've already had 4 ladies ask me what I was wearing, and when I told them their face went from puzzled to knowing, to excited. I'm in love with it. They say :This feminine scent possesses a blend of green florals, oakmoss, amber, musk, jasmine and rose. Whatever it is it's a winner for me. It was 19 dollars for the 2.3 cologne, not EDT.
I can certainly see why some would not like it, and honestly since I bought without smelling it, I thought I would not like it either. It isn't very trendy or sweet. It's really mature but not in the old woman sense, but in the doesn't smell of cotton candy and latex sense. I thought my boyfriend would despise this, because it's so different from my usuals (fracas, princess, insolence, etc), which he doesn't notice or comment on anyway. He FREAKED when he got close to me, it's like he was a blood hound smelling steak, he would not stop smelling my neck and asked me what I was wearing. He said it smelled delicious and familiar, he couldn't quite put his finger on it (probably his mom when he was a kid). It's just that my other perfumes cost in the 80's and this cost in the teens, and this one gets reactions.
Faye Dunaway used this. My bombshell manual says this scent is good with eyelet, charmeuse, and strapless white gowns.
I might make this my signature, I just wish it would stay strong all day. (or maybe my nose is just used to it.) My next bombshell scent I will try is L'heure Bleue.

Popular Fragrances