Revlon Norell

Filtered by skin type : Oily
No Image

3.0

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A true classic, instantly recognizable. The quintessential soapy, bright "green floral"-- if you like Ivoire or Chanel No 19 or Charlie, you might like Norell. It has real presence, and has a slightly sharp/smoky edge if overapplied. I have a vintage bottle of the cologne spray and even in that strength, Norell is best used with a light hand!

**Please note** to really appreciate this scent you need to find a vintage bottle on eBay (they're cheap). You can tell the original version because the letters on the bottle go down vertically, not across. The "remake" by 5 Star Perfumes has the letters going across and it is a PALE imitation IMO. It smells soft and inoffensive, like hand cream, and for that price you may as well buy hand cream. But the original Norell is a real masterpiece.

on 7/15/2005 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I loved Norell in the early 90's, but didn't wear it for years as it was my everyday scent during my all-time worst relationship and I didn't want to be reminded of that person or that time in my life. Many years have passed, I have a fabulous husband, and I decided to revisit Norell by purchasing a small bottle online. I tried it twice and wondered, what happened? Has my body chemistry changed that much? Did they change Norell's formula? Have I purchased a rancid sample? It seems meek and watered-down, a ghost of the sophisticated, self-assured scent I recall from years past, yet it is difficult to wash off. Then I read Maquillage's review re: "bad" bottles or batches of Norell, and I suspect that mine falls into that category. The Norell I remember was floral but not sweet, with woody and cyphre notes, absolutely wonderful. Perhaps there is still a bottle of *that* Norell out there somewhere, just waiting for me...

Popular Fragrances