DDF Erase Eye Gel

DDF Erase Eye Gel

2.6

on 9/28/2013 6:38:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Wow, I'm surprised by the bad reviews! I really like this eye cream...I'm on my first bottle but will probably buy it again when I run out.

I never believed that eye creams could work for under eye circles, but mine seem lighter when I use this regularly. I also seem less puffy. But what I really like about it is how well it moisturizes without feeling greasy. It doesn't migrate to the rest of my face and absorbs pretty well. If I get it too close to my eyes it can sting a bit, but as long as I'm careful that's not a problem.

on 9/7/2012 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Very surprised by the negative comments on this eye gel as, in my years of using eye serums/moisturizers (about 15), I think this is one of the better formulations.

Erase Eye Gel is a fragrance-free serum and contains many antioxidants to help reduce signs of aging. It contains caffeine, which, for me at least, is the best at reducing puffiness from water retention.

This is a gel, which is great, because you can apply your concealer afterwards without any slipping issues. It helps the concealer to blend very evenly and not look cakey.

When I use this religiously (after cleansing in the morning and again at night, after cleansing), my eyes are nice and tight and lifted. Even in the morning, I don't have the same puffiness that I have on nights when I do not use it.

It's pricey. But the packaging keeps the ingredients stable so you will get your moneys worth.

on 1/23/2011 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Wow. This product confirms that I should always check MUA before buying any product! I bought this on a whim at Sephora, as it was a reputed best seller for dark circles. And boy, do I have dark circles.

But this product is total FAIL. For one, it stings my eyes. You'd thing DDF would put some effort into making this serum more delicate than that. But of course, the ultimate offense has been committed --- this stuff just does not work! At all! OK there might be an even worse offense than not working -- and that is actually making the skin worse. Upon closer investigation, I swear this product brought up some milia in my undereye area. Gross! I'm not even going to finish the bottle... I'm just going to stew in misery that I lost the receipt.

on 5/14/2010 11:52:00 AM

After reading the last review of this product I rushed out to purchase this. I too have sunken eyes and very dark circles and was also considering Restylane injections to fill in the area. So I had high hopes for this product. Unfortunately I didn't get any results whatsoever and I am disappointed as I suspected I would be.

I have been using this for 4 months and have noticed not one change in my dark circles. I don't have puffiness (which in my case I would LOVE to have, as it may fill in my sunken areas) so can't comment on the effectiveness of this serum for that.

If I apply a lot of product then I can feel a tightness under my eyes, and the skin there does tend to look smoother but this is just a very temporary effect. I noticed that when I do apply a lot of product, my undereye area seems to become powdery.

The packaging is great and have no complaints there.

I certainly wouldn't purchase this again and would caution anyone to reconsider buying it without trying it first. Waste of money and time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE: After using this product more consistently I don't like it anymore :( It did indeed fill in my thin skinned under eye area, but over time almost made the area puffy, to the other extreme! It is annoying bc i used it the night before my wedding and my eyes do not look good (to me) in my photos. :,,,( They look fine when i'm not smiling but in the smiling photos its too much skin under my eye and it makes my eyes look smaller and squnity. SO ANNOYING. curse you DDF. Based on long term use i would not recommend.
_______________________________
Before I write this review, knock on wood... So far, so very very good!!!

I received a free sample from sephora with a recent order, so I can't comment on the packaging. As far as price, I can't comment either except to say I've been using a teeny tiny amount and having great results, so the formula appears to be very concentrated.

My under eye circles are the type that are not only dark, but are sunken in. I'm 26 and don't have many wrinkles and don't have puffiness. The problem I usually have with my circles is that they are so dark, even when I cover them up with concealer, you can still see darkness through, AND the area is still sunken it. Which to me is even more exaggerated because I have high cheekbones, so you can really see the sunken in area.

In the past I have even considered getting a filler injected under my eyes because my wedding is coming up and the sunken in look is so annoying. Except I'm kind of anti/afraid of getting anything done to my face!

This product worked darn near magic. I've used the eye erase treatment maybe 4 days now, and the sunken in area has filled in and looks totally amazing and smooth. Also my circles are not as dark (which I think is because my skin is so thin and sunken, the circles show through darker, and whatever the cream is doing is firming/filling the area so the circles don't show through as much)... I'm actually shocked that a cream is having this dramatic of an effect.

I would definitely classify this as a treatment, as it is not moisturizing and I still use an eye cream on top of it (Bobbi Brown, just her basic moisturizing one)... But if you like me have been looking for 15 years for a way to fill in a thin skinned under eye area, look no further. Knock on wood again because it's only been 4 days, but this product is darn near miraculous.

on 1/30/2009 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I can't believe I wasted $46 on absolute shit product. This sting my delicate undereye area every morning and night I used it. I feel like a fool for believing that maybe the 2.7 rating on this eye gel was incorrect .. well I haven't noticed a difference at ALL regarding undereye darkness, puffiness or fine lines. I believe this has citric acid and it almost made me cry everytime I used it.

I persisted for 30 days and I've thrown it away. I don't wish to buy another product of DDF's - it's absolute crap. Don't even waste time THINKING about even trying it because this WILL NOT WORK. I'm sure there are cheaper, and more effective products than this lie of an eye cream.

on 1/22/2009 6:44:00 AM

I am not sure about this product.. it is not bad but not i want smt more

on 10/20/2008 10:46:00 PM

PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. This is what happened to me: I received a sample in the mail with my DDF catalogue. I put the sample under one eye only (my right eye). It removed a small wrinkle, which made me happy at first. Then I realized that it created a puffy area under the eye that was not there before. It was as though it pushed the wrinkle out but my skin absorbed the cream under the skin and left it puffy. It has been more than a year now and the puffiness under the one eye NEVER went away!!! The puffiness is only under the right eye, which is where I used the sample. I am very upset when I look at my face and see this asymetry. The puffiness is much greater on the right side, and I also have asymetry in my crow's feet now, since using the cream. I noticed another reviewer noticed that a similar thing happened to them. I went to my dermatologist and he said there was nothing he could do unless I wanted to go to a cosmetic surgeon. Again, please don't take a chance that this same thing could happen to you. DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!

I've used this product for about almost 2 weeks and haven't noticed much of a difference. It hydrates well though for my sensitive skin. I have noticed a very slight difference in the dark circles and puffiness - its still there.

Irritant alert - One of the nights I kept rubbing my eye and my eyes were bloodshot, probably cause I got some of it in my eye - user error...

I've got alot of milia and it didn't seem to do a whole lot for it, but I have noticed they aren't as noticeable - maybe they've flattened out or the color has changed, not sure.

The packaging is a nice pump canister - the cap comes off alot, so I wouldn't carry it in your purse in case the pump gets pushed and gets product all over.

In three weeks I may change my ratings...

on 4/23/2008 12:50:00 PM

Well, I had high hopes for this because the salesman at Sephora said it was their "best selling" product for dark circles. I used it for a couple weeks, and while it did tend to somewhat "depuff" the area under my eyes, I swear it just squeezed all the puffiness somewhere else. The area just below the area where I applied the gel became puffier. And this area never used to be puffy. So, seriously, I swear it just squeezed the puffiness out, but sent it somewhere else. I know that sounds craaaaazy. It didn't appear to do anything for my dark circles. Also, it is not very moisturizing,