Isadora Velvet Touch Compact Powder

No Image

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This powder is so awful, I'm going to throw it away right now. You know this feeling when you have very light skin and you just hold on too long to any foundation that remotely matches your skin tone? No matter how ridiculously bad it is? This. This is exactly like that. It doesn't last long enough to leave the room after applied. Why do I keep using it for months, jeez. Bye Isadora powder, we never loved you. DON'T COME BACK.

Ugh. I should have done this such a long time ago. I hate when my belongings keep me captive. Swedish products tend to give me Stockholm syndrome.

on 8/6/2013 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Nice! Serviceable, unexciting but reliable pressed powder, with a satisfying velvety finish and decent enough lasting power on my very oily T-zone, no caking to speak of even when I apply rather a lot of it. I use the transparent version. The puff that comes with it is pretty good, too.

The compact is dull and fairly ugly, but that's to be expected for the price. I broke the mirror of my vintage KIGU compact and the mirror from this compact worked perfectly as a replacement; unfortunately, the powder pan is something like a micron too high to fit perfectly too, but I think I will look for another pretty, vintage compact to fit this stuff into. The best of both worlds! And since this is one of the cheapest compact powders available where I am, at least in shades this pale, this is it for case modding along those lines. Both the mirror and the powder pan were fairly easy to pry out of the plastic case; the powder shattered slightly, but really not a lot.

on 9/29/2011 7:59:00 AM

I am buying this product because the range of fair shades of the powder are perfect to me, it's available everywhere, is very cheap, lasts a lifetime, fixates the foundation without becoming dry and covers.

on 9/18/2006 5:23:00 AM

What is it?

Translucent, pressed powder in a black, plastic, mirrored compact.

How does it work for me?

So-so.

Run of the mill translucent pressed powder that would work in a pinch to keep shine off face. Nothing special in either positive or negative direction. Has a tendency to settle in pores, noticeable when compared to a better quality powder.

Overall verdict:
Would not repurchase but would use if nothing else was available.

About me:

LLL/FFF (MAC NC25-30/VL Water Canvas Golden Beige)

Dark brown eyes

Pigmented lips

Moderately sensitive, atopic skin continued >>

on 7/9/2006 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Quite good, but not mattifying enough. Does the job,. but i'm still looking for better products!

on 9/13/2005 3:27:00 PM

I totaly adore this powder! It's cheap, nr 10 (sheer transparent) is perfect for my pale skin, it's longlasting and you can't tell that I'm wearing it. Lovely! The only downside is the packaging; it looks really cheap and get scratchy after only a short while.

on 9/8/2005 6:17:00 PM

I was at Walgreen's last night intending to buy either another Cover Girl compact or some Prestige powder foundation. I ran across the Isadora display & stopped to look since they had a lot of products. I decided to try this powder since the color looked good(I got Transparent), I love trying new things, and they compact was shiny black & purty(it goes with the Morticia look I'm trying to cultivate :P). I, being a bargain shopper, thought the price was a tad steep- I paid $10.99 which I think is expensive for powder, but I guess it'd feel cheap to a Lancome or MAC user. It's worth it though b/c it's very nice. I really like this powder, it goes on smooth & does not look chalky or powdery at all. My main gripe with most powders, and why I've stuck with Cover Girl so religiously is that most powders I try either cake up or they cause my concealer to cake up or turn color. This stuff seems to be good so far, I like it a lot. I like the puff a lot too, its like a sponge with a black ribbon holder-thing. I will update if anything goes wrong with it or it makes me break out or whatever.

on 3/18/2005 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like this powder, especially in the summer, when my skin is not as dry. It goes on smoothly, doesn't look too dry, and the colour selection's pretty good, too. I alternate between this powder and the compact powder from The Body Shop when I'm trying to be cash-conscious.

on 2/10/2004 4:48:00 AM

I was really surprised at how good this looks - really sheer, no colour (no 10, sheer transparent). It's cheap, no scent, no animal testing, and available everywhere (in Sweden, where I live). The puff is good too. The reason it doesn't get a '5' is the packaging. a) I like that it is cheap - that doesn't mean I like that it looks cheap. b) They could have fitted a bigger mirror in that compact.