Zia Ultimate Eye Cream

No Image

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this eye cream :) I received a 0.125 fl. oz. of this product :) This retails for US$35.95 for a 0.5 fl. oz. jar. The website description reads, "Smooth fine lines and improve firmness with Ultimate Eye Crme, a luxurious blend of Mango Butter and Monoi Oil. Ultimate Eye Crme combines ten age-fighting vitamins and antioxidants with soothing natural hydrators to combat the fine lines and slackness associated with aging." It is milky orange, and thick in texture. It is also nicely citrus-scented. I really love that it does not irritate my eye in anyway after application, unlike a few other eye creams that I had tried. It is also slightly grainy, but it does not bother me. It moisturizes my eye area nicely. I do not see any significant improvement in my skin condition, but since none of my skin care really works for me so far, I shall overlook this for now. I will recommend this to people with mature skin especially, as I feel that they will benefit more from the moisturizing properties. I will definately repurchase this product :)
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Squalane, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Leaf Extract, Viola Tricolor Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Bisabolol, Glycolipids, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Panthenol, Phospholipids, Retinyl Palmitate, Saccharide Isomerate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol (1) Certified Organic Ingredient

on 3/6/2008 9:49:00 AM

This eyecream is a favorite. I really love the scent and the texture in particular. I find that it does a good job of brightening the skin around my eyes, minimizing any crepiness, and moisturizing just enough. It doesn't make dark circles disappear, but the way it reflects light back sure helps to minimize their appearance. It doesn't interfere at all with my mascara, a natural, non-waterproof variety that could smudge easily. Also, when I still had to wear contact lenses, there were no reactions there either. Finally my mineral make-up goes on like a dream over it.

I would've given this an overall rating of 5, but for the jar packaging. I love the size, appearance, and the fact that it is glass. However, I prefer eye products in particular to come in a pump. This reduces bacteria by preventing fingerdipping, and also allows for better quantity control when dispensing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Is there really a "perfect" eye treatment out there? One that makes lines, circles, and puffiness completely disappear?

I am beginning to think that there isn't, especially after studying review after review of eye cream after eye cream here on MUA.com. :)

My main two problems with my eyes are dark circles and the beginnings of fine lines. The horror! Only being 26, I have to admit I am somewhat panicky when I see the lines.

I've been looking for an eye cream that will help prevent future fine lines, perhaps make my current lines look a little better, and get rid of my dark circles. I've been trying eye cream after eye cream, and decided to give the Zia Ultimate Eye Cream a try after reading the reviews on here.

Does it get rid of my dark circles? Not really. There's an improvement, but I still need a good concealer. Does it get rid of my fine lines? Nope, they're still there. Darnit. But for some reason, I really like this stuff. It smells good, it seems to perk my eyes up (with a very little bit of a nice tingle), and I've found it helps my eyeshadow stay on really well. For that alone, I will likely continue to repurchase this product.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was thick and greasy but not very moisturizing, and it stung a bit after I used it for a while. Plus, it made my mascara smudge during the day!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this eye cream, but alas, I could not get past the smell. The ingredients look to be everything you would want in an eye cream, but when I used the product, I almost wondered if what I had was old, because it didn't have the creaminess I thought it would. I found it to be hydrating, but not emollient. And the smell lingered all day, to the point where I couldn't wait any longer to wash my face to get rid of the smell.

This product is rich and has a cooling effect when applied. However, it gave me milia which is unacceptable.

on 12/4/2005 10:35:00 PM

Have been using this product for 5 months. great moisturizer but has done nothing for lines or undereye darkness. Would not buy again

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Thick lovely cream that smells wonderful. Every product ive tried from the zia line I love. I own half the line and its been worth it. Doesnt break me out, moisturizes nicely, and my eyes seem less puffy when I use it.

on 3/1/2006 5:25:00 PM

This is my favorite eye cream. I have been using it and other zia "ultimate" products for 5 years. I notice that I look younger than all my friends. This may be because I started taking care of my skin at a young age or because of genetics. However, the ingredients in Zia's anti-aging products are top of the line, loaded with anti-oxidants, vitamins, and herbs. I also feel better about supporting this company than a company like Olay which is owned by Procter & Gamble and does animal testing.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product as i have been pleased with our little local brand ZIA for a while. I just didn't see any improvement in my eyes at all. The cream felt a bit heavy and yet didn't moisturize the way I had hoped. I was really dissapointed.