LUSH Celestial

LUSH Celestial

3.9

Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis) , Glycerine , Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao) , Fragrance , Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Stearic Acid , Triethanolamine , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

I do really love the consistency of and scent of this moisturizer. I recently began using Aqua Marina as my face wash (after removing makeup with micellar water), and this moisturizer. Unfortunately, after a little under a week of using it, my pores began to be unusually clogged. I do have acne prone skin, but I typically break out close to my period. I have to attribute this moisturizer to my breakouts because of the unusual way in which I broke out. I had huge inflamed pimples around my mouth and on my cheeks. After I stopped using this product, my skin cleared up. I gave it to my girlfriend to use (and she has perfectly clear skin)... and she broke out as well. I do like the packaging on this product, especially the recycling program, but I was overall pretty disappointed with how my skin responded to this. I think it's the cocoa butter that is the pore-clogging ingredient.

on 4/17/2018 1:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I give this about a 3.5 it is a very nice moisturizer. It leaves my face very soft. Doesn't break me out but I can't use this during the day as it's way too rich for my combo skin and oily t zone. Great for nighttime. I love the very light almost mild vanilla scent this has as well. Not sure I would repurchase as it might be a bit much for my skin and I prefer avene for nights but this is an excellent choice for drier skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is great for my sensitive normal-dry skin. Acne-prone . My skin was v messed up from Glamglow masks ans stress and very bad (pimples, very irritated). I bought several rather expensive moisturizers for sensitive skin all of which exacerbated the issue. This lush celestial within 2 weeks completely calmed down my skin and as someone below noted it cleared up the clogged 'comedones' etc. My skin is almost completely clear now and not at all irritated now. Before (for months) I could feel a rash/burning feeling if I just put on a mild cream or sunscreen, now it feels soothed and no irritation to the point I can start wearing foundation again! V happy and I mixed a small pot of it (separated for every day use) with my rosehip oil/sandalwood/geranium/frankincense/myrrh blend for drier areas. It has only been 2 weeks to fix a problem I had for months!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. I do have really diva-like skin which is dry and sensitive with a tendency towards hormonelle acne. This is a great everyday moisturizer.

I have been looking for a moisturizer that will help my extremely dry skin as I am 25 and I have noticed wrinkles forming and I've been told its due to not moisturizing properly over the years combined with extremely dry skin. I haven't had any luck with synthetics and I am making the switch to more ethically sourced natural products. I also struggle with deep closed comedones which can stay dormant for months similar to cystic acne. My skin is mildly sensitive as well.

I tried a sample of this and noticed it looked really good under makeup and I wasn't inclined to use a primer and so far haven't needed one (huge bonus for me eliminating a step in my routine).
After enjoying the level of moisturization, smell, smooth consistency and lack of any breakouts I decided to purchase it and boy am I glad I did.
*full disclosure** I've also been using Lush's ultrabland to remove my makeup and I've heard people talk about their skin clearing up after using this as well and this is another holy grail for me.**

Anyway I had this really stubborn closed comedone on my cheek, which is the hardest place to extract from I find. I think they flourish with dry skin because it cant break out the top of the tough dry layers.
I've been using this steadily for the past 2-3 weeks and it actually surfaced on its own yesterday! I was shocked to see that because I've had this since like Christmas (despite many futile attempts to remove it) and thought I was just going to have to live with it. VERY HAPPY!

In regards to the packaging, yeah it sucks but I guess that's the sacrifice you make when using ethical products. I now use the little sample jar I got and transfer some over with a clean spoon and that way not all the product gets contaminated.

Anyway overall I have noticed a wonderful improvement in my skins elasticity and quality.

UPDATE:
*******I will use this for stubborn dried closed comedones but I did notice it congest my pores with daily use. It is not good for daily use.**********

on 2/16/2017 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My holy grail! After trying several Lush products that I enjoyed, I decided to try a face cream too. I tried "cosmetic lad", but I didn't quite like it... It made my skin red and a little burning. But Celestial... It's wonderful! I have acne prone combo skin with dry patches. This calms my skin, and a little goes suuuch a long way. It looks great under makeup (if you use a good amount - not too much) and works great during the night too. Would recommend to people with acne (moisturizing acne is key), dry skin, combo skin and even oily skin to balance the skin out.

on 2/1/2017 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Based on its description, this moisturizer should be perfect for my temperamental skin (combination, rosacea, surface dryness). I tried a sample of this when I ordered my beloved Aqua Marina and was really surprised when it made my face turn bright red and feel like it was on FIRE. I had to quickly rinse it off and spray some thermal water on my skin. My face was red and irritated for the rest of the day. I can wear several other LUSH moisturizers without any problems, so I suppose I must just be allergic to one of the ingredients in this one.

on 1/25/2017 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

EDIT: I stopped using this and switched to Weleda'a Skin Food as an overnight cream and Simple's Light SPF moisturizer to day. Way better. The shea butter in Celestial is not nice for people with combo skin I suspect.

I'm 27 years old with combination skin. I bought and love Lush's Angels on Bare Skin and was looking for a moisturizer that works well with this. I got samples of Gorgeous (way too expensive and doesn't do enough to be worth $87), a sample of Vanishing Cream (it absorbs quickly but it's so light and doesn't do anything wow for $44) and lastly, Celestial - which at $25 is the cheapest. This moisturizer seems quite thick and is cocoa butter based which I thought would irritate my skin, but it doesn't. If you use too much it'll feel heavy and not absorb, but just a small dab on my forehead, eCh cheek and my chin is perfect! It doesn't help with redness but Angels on Bare Skin does that. This doesn't brighten either, but it feels nurishing and softens my skin without making it look oily. Definitely a fan, I'm glad too that it's one of the cheapest moisturizers at Lush too. It's winter right now, I'm not sure how this would fare in the warmer months, would probably change to something lighter like Imperalis. Vanishing Cream is lighter but too expensive for not doing anything special, that sample actually irritated my skin more than Celestial.

I really love Celestial. It smells great, has a lovely consistency, doesn't clog skin and feels nice on.

However, it doesn't last long enough for the price and amount you get. I also wish it was in a tube as I hate sticking my fingers into it, gets caught in my nail beds and doesn't seem hygienic.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My new HG moisturizer! I have dry, sensitive skin with flaky patches here and there and Celestial is one of the few moisturizers I have tried that actually take care of that. It has a very thick consistency, I guess I'd compare it to yogurt? I usually just have to let my skin absorb it for a few minutes before applying any makeup then I'm ready to go!

It doesn't really help much with my redness, which it claims to take care of, but it doesn't make it worse either and actually kind of gives me some sort of soothing feeling after I put it on, like I can feel it working on my skin. My dry patches are also much smoother since I started using Celestial, and find I don't need to exfoliate as much which is definitely a good sign!

I'm not sure how people with oily skin would take to this moisturizer as it is a tad bit greasy and heavy. So I'd recommend it more for those with dry or even combination skin.

This stuff lasts forever - I bought the 45 g container (the only size available) for 26$ CDN over 2 months ago and I'm barely halfway through. You only need a little dab here and there so you definitely get your money's worth. The only negative I have about this product, and it's the same way with most of Lush's products, is the packaging; you have to dip your finger in, which can be a little unsanitary. Sometimes I find one or two of my cat's hairs in there also lol but then again that happens with all face creams that come in jars.

Also the smell is AMAZING - it smells like vanilla, but REAL vanilla and not that fake vanilla scent that's in like cheap body sprays and perfumes. It literally smells like the pure vanilla extract that's sitting in my pantry lol such a relaxing scent!

I'd definitely buy this again and recommend it to anyone who suffers from dry, flaky skin! Go Lush!