LUSH Celestial

LUSH Celestial

3.9

Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

on 7/8/2016 7:24:00 PM

Flakey skin, horrible dry patches, moisturise and like the Sahara two seconds later - that was me! So I went through a bit of a lush shopping spree. Had heard great things about lush so gave celestial a bash.

First I loved it, then I hated it, then I loved it all over again. The first time I used it was before bed, oiled up like a shiny doll. Woke up with baby soft skin. Wore it day and night from then on. Started using it more and more and realised it felt a bit 'oily' and 'greasy'? Maybe. Just didn't feel so nice anymore. (But in hindsight I was slathering it on like it was going out of fashion - so it's no wonder it felt heavy and yukky). So I stopped using it. Dry patches returned.

Gave it one last bash but starting putting a bit less on, and only at night before bed... And I fell back in love all over again. A bit more reserved this time though! No more Camry makeup or dry clumps round my nose and on my chin. I don't wear this under my makeup. I don't wear any moisturiser at all during the day now! I don't need to. Honestly I never thought id see the day!! I use lush let the good times roll each morning (also amazing FYI!) before applying makeup too so maybe it's the combination of both.

Anyway if you're looking for a great moisturiser - this is the one for you! Just don't go OTT with it like I did at first because I loved it so much lol! Maybe more of a night cream than an all round moisturiser.

It's a bit more expensive than I would like but really it lasts for ages so I'm ok with paying the price tag. Knocked a bit off for the packaging. I don't like how it gets a bit messy round the screw bit of the lid, and if it's not sitting horizontal then you risk the product going everywhere when you open it.

Still.. It does the job - and well!

I really like this moisturizer. Especially in winter when my skin tends to get dry this really helps. I use it as a night cream tough cause I find it to oily to use at daytime and in combination with makeup. Not my favorite smell but I can live with it since the product does a good job.

To Read all 249 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/20/2016 4:55:00 AM

I have somewhat dry skin and I bought this as a night moisturizer. It does moisturize my skin, but it can sometimes be very oily when I wake up in the morning. Also, I think it has increased the number of blackheads for me :( And packaging could be a lot better for the price, I really think it should come with the pump.

All in all, it's somewhat expensive and I have expected more for the price.

on 5/5/2016 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been dealing with incredibly dry and tight skin these last few months, and this product has done an great job moisturizing my skin! It's not too light, but also not incredibly heavy that I can't wear it during the day time. I've been using this every single morning under my makeup, and it's been doing really well! A little goes a long way--it takes a dime size to moisturize my whole face. This also absorbs very well, and sets a great base for my primer and foundation.

Pros:
Moisturizing enough for my dry skin, but not heavy!
A little goes a long way (I could see this tiny pot lasting me a long time)
Light, pleasant smell
Cruelty-free

Cons:
A bit pricey
Comes in a pot (I prefer a pump for sanitary reasons, but not a deal breaker)

I'm excited to see how this'll perform in the warmer summer months as my skin gets more oily.

Not a good moisturizer for me since i have oily skin. It does smell delicious & contains natural ingredients though.

I love using Celestial under my makeup. This is a pretty heavy product in my experience, so if you have oily skin it may not be a good choice. But on my dry, flaky patch prone face, this product is perfect. I apply a thin layer to clean skin, toned skin, and it never feels greasy. My foundation blends beautifully and smoothly over my dry patches and my face feels comfortable and moisturized all day. There's a slight sweet vanilla scent too, like vanilla extract, which I love.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This used to be my absolute favourite moisturizer. I love the consistency of it, the smell (think light and creamy vanilla and almond yogurt)... However, when I stopped using it, I noticed my break outs cleared up. Be careful as this moisturizer has both cocoa butter (comedogenic) and fatty alcohols (not bad, but some people break out because of them). Other than that, this is a perfectly delightful moisturizer for sensitive skin, and smells amazing!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Apply this with a light hand! Its consistency is very thin, but the stuff itself is very moisturising. I shouldn't be reviewing this since I have extremely oily skin and it leaves me with a wet sheen on my face - but I recieved a sample of this when ordering online, and despite it not being for my skin type, I thought that it was a decent product.

The smell is quite nice - nuts and vanilla. Use this sparingly. It calmed a little bit of redness on my face - sunburn mixed with a red glow that has been with me ever since my face began speeding up its cursed oil machines.
Oily skinned people, steer clear of this product during the daytime, unless you like looking like you've directly applied coconut oil to your face!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was excited by the idea of using all natural products, and I eagerly bought LUSH's 9-to-5 cleansing lotion, a small chunk of Coalface, and this moisturizer. All in all, I was quite positively biased before I started using it.

Likes: The smell is a bit yogurty, a very pleasant vanilla.

Dislikes: It does go on feeling a bit oily, hence I would only need to spread a daub of it very thinly over my face. The container is a bit inconvenient, I would much prefer a lotion-style or pump-bottle container, and this made a bit of a mess in my suitcase when I travelled.

I've been using it for about three months, and I attributed my irritated face to the climate (I had also just moved), but after I went back home for the holidays and I was forced to use a (different) moisturizer until I got back, I realized that this moisturizer was actually the one that had been inflaming my face. As such, I will not be buying this product again, and I do not recommend it.

on 11/8/2015 5:56:00 AM

Great moisturiser! Looks like a thin consistency in the tub but you only need a pea sized amount for the whole face because of how thick and rich it is. I recommend using as a night time cream as it lets it sink into your skin. Sometimes I only use this under my eyes at night times because it is so heavy and use a different light weight moisturiser on the rest of my face because it is getting hotter at night in Australia.