LUSH Celestial

LUSH Celestial

3.9

Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis) , Glycerine , Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao) , Fragrance , Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Stearic Acid , Triethanolamine , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

I really love Celestial. It smells great, has a lovely consistency, doesn't clog skin and feels nice on.

However, it doesn't last long enough for the price and amount you get. I also wish it was in a tube as I hate sticking my fingers into it, gets caught in my nail beds and doesn't seem hygienic.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My new HG moisturizer! I have dry, sensitive skin with flaky patches here and there and Celestial is one of the few moisturizers I have tried that actually take care of that. It has a very thick consistency, I guess I'd compare it to yogurt? I usually just have to let my skin absorb it for a few minutes before applying any makeup then I'm ready to go!

It doesn't really help much with my redness, which it claims to take care of, but it doesn't make it worse either and actually kind of gives me some sort of soothing feeling after I put it on, like I can feel it working on my skin. My dry patches are also much smoother since I started using Celestial, and find I don't need to exfoliate as much which is definitely a good sign!

I'm not sure how people with oily skin would take to this moisturizer as it is a tad bit greasy and heavy. So I'd recommend it more for those with dry or even combination skin.

This stuff lasts forever - I bought the 45 g container (the only size available) for 26$ CDN over 2 months ago and I'm barely halfway through. You only need a little dab here and there so you definitely get your money's worth. The only negative I have about this product, and it's the same way with most of Lush's products, is the packaging; you have to dip your finger in, which can be a little unsanitary. Sometimes I find one or two of my cat's hairs in there also lol but then again that happens with all face creams that come in jars.

Also the smell is AMAZING - it smells like vanilla, but REAL vanilla and not that fake vanilla scent that's in like cheap body sprays and perfumes. It literally smells like the pure vanilla extract that's sitting in my pantry lol such a relaxing scent!

I'd definitely buy this again and recommend it to anyone who suffers from dry, flaky skin! Go Lush!

on 12/29/2016 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Celestial...I like it. It's a very nice moisturizer that smells great. Anything vanilla-almond is irresistible to me, and this is lovely as an aromatheraputic night cream for extra moisture when my skin gets relatively dry. Celestial is sold as LUSH's most "gentle" moisturizer, but my skin is highly resistant, so I can't say if this is as gentle as something like CeraVe, and its end-result on my skin is the same one I get from CeraVe, or Kiehl's Ultra or Clinique Dramatically Different, or Mirakle Cream, etc. My skin feels soft. The difference, for me, is that Celestial is perfumed, and the aforementioned creams are not. If you like cocoa butter as a moisturizer, this is a smoothed-out, easily-absorbed version of pure cocoa butter with glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, perfumes and preservatives (methylparaben and propylparaben). Since reliable preservatives are present, there's no need to speculate upon the urban legends about skin creams in pots growing Staphylococcus or e.Coli, or whatever. (If you make a sculpture out of bat guano and don't wash your hands prior to moisturizing your face, you can probably "contaminate" your cream...So don't do that.) Celestial is probably not good for acne.

Celestial moisturizes skin with cocoa butter and glycerin. And maybe Almond milk softens skin. (Or maybe it's a fragrance?) LUSH claims "Dove Orchid" extract (the ingredient is listed as Dendrobium, which is the entire, massive genus of orchids) is "skin soothing". Lush says its Dove Orchids come from Singapore, so they're likely using Dendrobium crumenatum (commonly called Pigeon Orchid). The most well-known "Dove Orchid" is Peristeria elata. Since Peristeria elata is a species threatened with extinction, I assume LUSH isn't vanquishing it for use as an ingredient in a pedestrian skin cream. In any case, LUSH is vague about why they would use a flower oil, rather than Hyaluronic Acid, or Niacinamide, or ceramides....or some other justifiably ubiquitous ingredients. If I could do research on a specific ingredient, rather than the genus "Dendrobium", as provided by LUSH, I might want to use this regularly. As it is, I can't find any information as to why I would pay for $25.00 for 1.5 oz.Celestial rather than $4.75 for 6.8 oz. Nivea Soft.

LUSH marketers are brilliant marketers...absolutely brilliant...LUSH's skin care products are difficult to resist, with their cutesy and salt-of-the-earth approach to product names and packaging. I fall for it all the time. For me, Celestial is good...but Skin's Shangri La is great. Shangri La has a more luxurious texture than Celestial, yet somehow my skin absorbs Shangri La faster than Celestial, and Shangri La's moisturizing feeling lasts much longer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Got this as a birthday present, and it's the first Lush product I've ever used. I was desperate to find a moisturizer that wouldn't irritate my sensitive skin or cause any breakouts. This was a great solution. It's very gentle and VERY nourishing. It might be a bit too rich for me, as it did leave a bit of a sheen on my face (but hey, it's winter, and I'd take shiny over dry any day). I love that it's natural and not tested on animals. I might see if there's a lighter moisturizer available from Lush, but overall, I really like this one.

on 12/21/2016 1:08:00 PM

Some of the nicest face cream I've ever used. It is pricey but (as is true with most pricey beauty products) this one lasts a very long time and a little goes a long way. My skin is really sensitive, and I have a bit of rosacea. This cream is thick and mild and is great to apply before bedtime. I have noticed my skin is a lot softer and smoother since I started using it so if you're looking for a cream to splurge on for your very dry skin, this may be the ticket.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin feels so soft and plump. I use this along with facial bar soap Fresh Farmacy. 😍😍

on 11/19/2016 7:46:00 AM

My combination skin loves Celestial for its daily dose of hydration. Celestial is quite a thick moisturiser though it does not leave an oily residue on my skin or clog my pores. It absorbs easily leaving my skin soft, plump and hydrated. A little goes a long way with this product, about the fingerfuls cover my whole face adequately. I even use this under my eyes as it is quite thick. It also smells like vanilla cheesecake which is always a bonus! This product is suitable for sensitive, combination and dry skin. It may be too thick for any oily skin girls out there unfortunately, but for me it works a charm and I highly recommend it.

on 11/19/2016 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this for free after a horrible experience with Ocean Salt.
I might be bias since im overall not a fan of lush face products. The selling point is how organic and natural their products are, not that they work, and quite often, they dont

I use this around my eyes only or if my skin is really really irritated from another product and im willing to have a couple zits as a trade off for soothed skin. A little goes a long way and it's pretty greasy. It contain some kind of butter similar to cocoa butter so it is comedogenic. If i do use it around my eyes and it gets on my brow i almost always break out in my eyebrows :(

- not a fan of the bacteria breeding ground packaging it comes in, make sure your fingers are clean!!
- it works great as a hand moisturizer but it is too greasy and comedogenic for the face of an acne prone person
- the smell is light and sort of sweet which i do like
- it will last me a very long time (or until i have to throw it out cause theres so much product and i dont want the bacteria to build up)

The good thing is, it's very moisturising and when nothing else would help my super dry skin in the winter this did. Gave me a couple of pimples but that was fine I guess, rather than having painfully dry and tight-feeling skin. However now that it's spring, this breaks me out pretty badly, even in areas where I have never gotten acne on before. Makes the sides of my nose red as well and isn't really calming for my skin. Will probably be exchanging it for something else

on 10/28/2016 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

-Smells amazing
-Very moisturizing
-Maybe a little too moisturizing for my skin but it still doesnt look greasy
-Makes skin glow