LUSH Celestial

LUSH Celestial

3.9

Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis) , Glycerine , Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao) , Fragrance , Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Stearic Acid , Triethanolamine , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

I have been looking for a moisturizer that will help my extremely dry skin as I am 25 and I have noticed wrinkles forming and I've been told its due to not moisturizing properly over the years combined with extremely dry skin. I haven't had any luck with synthetics and I am making the switch to more ethically sourced natural products. I also struggle with deep closed comedones which can stay dormant for months similar to cystic acne. My skin is mildly sensitive as well.

I tried a sample of this and noticed it looked really good under makeup and I wasn't inclined to use a primer and so far haven't needed one (huge bonus for me eliminating a step in my routine).
After enjoying the level of moisturization, smell, smooth consistency and lack of any breakouts I decided to purchase it and boy am I glad I did.
*full disclosure** I've also been using Lush's ultrabland to remove my makeup and I've heard people talk about their skin clearing up after using this as well and this is another holy grail for me.**

Anyway I had this really stubborn closed comedone on my cheek, which is the hardest place to extract from I find. I think they flourish with dry skin because it cant break out the top of the tough dry layers.
I've been using this steadily for the past 2-3 weeks and it actually surfaced on its own yesterday! I was shocked to see that because I've had this since like Christmas (despite many futile attempts to remove it) and thought I was just going to have to live with it. VERY HAPPY!

In regards to the packaging, yeah it sucks but I guess that's the sacrifice you make when using ethical products. I now use the little sample jar I got and transfer some over with a clean spoon and that way not all the product gets contaminated.

Anyway overall I have noticed a wonderful improvement in my skins elasticity and quality.

UPDATE:
*******I will use this for stubborn dried closed comedones but I did notice it congest my pores with daily use. It is not good for daily use.**********

on 2/16/2017 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My holy grail! After trying several Lush products that I enjoyed, I decided to try a face cream too. I tried "cosmetic lad", but I didn't quite like it... It made my skin red and a little burning. But Celestial... It's wonderful! I have acne prone combo skin with dry patches. This calms my skin, and a little goes suuuch a long way. It looks great under makeup (if you use a good amount - not too much) and works great during the night too. Would recommend to people with acne (moisturizing acne is key), dry skin, combo skin and even oily skin to balance the skin out.

on 2/1/2017 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Based on its description, this moisturizer should be perfect for my temperamental skin (combination, rosacea, surface dryness). I tried a sample of this when I ordered my beloved Aqua Marina and was really surprised when it made my face turn bright red and feel like it was on FIRE. I had to quickly rinse it off and spray some thermal water on my skin. My face was red and irritated for the rest of the day. I can wear several other LUSH moisturizers without any problems, so I suppose I must just be allergic to one of the ingredients in this one.

on 1/25/2017 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

EDIT: I stopped using this and switched to Weleda'a Skin Food as an overnight cream and Simple's Light SPF moisturizer to day. Way better. The shea butter in Celestial is not nice for people with combo skin I suspect.

I'm 27 years old with combination skin. I bought and love Lush's Angels on Bare Skin and was looking for a moisturizer that works well with this. I got samples of Gorgeous (way too expensive and doesn't do enough to be worth $87), a sample of Vanishing Cream (it absorbs quickly but it's so light and doesn't do anything wow for $44) and lastly, Celestial - which at $25 is the cheapest. This moisturizer seems quite thick and is cocoa butter based which I thought would irritate my skin, but it doesn't. If you use too much it'll feel heavy and not absorb, but just a small dab on my forehead, eCh cheek and my chin is perfect! It doesn't help with redness but Angels on Bare Skin does that. This doesn't brighten either, but it feels nurishing and softens my skin without making it look oily. Definitely a fan, I'm glad too that it's one of the cheapest moisturizers at Lush too. It's winter right now, I'm not sure how this would fare in the warmer months, would probably change to something lighter like Imperalis. Vanishing Cream is lighter but too expensive for not doing anything special, that sample actually irritated my skin more than Celestial.

I really love Celestial. It smells great, has a lovely consistency, doesn't clog skin and feels nice on.

However, it doesn't last long enough for the price and amount you get. I also wish it was in a tube as I hate sticking my fingers into it, gets caught in my nail beds and doesn't seem hygienic.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My new HG moisturizer! I have dry, sensitive skin with flaky patches here and there and Celestial is one of the few moisturizers I have tried that actually take care of that. It has a very thick consistency, I guess I'd compare it to yogurt? I usually just have to let my skin absorb it for a few minutes before applying any makeup then I'm ready to go!

It doesn't really help much with my redness, which it claims to take care of, but it doesn't make it worse either and actually kind of gives me some sort of soothing feeling after I put it on, like I can feel it working on my skin. My dry patches are also much smoother since I started using Celestial, and find I don't need to exfoliate as much which is definitely a good sign!

I'm not sure how people with oily skin would take to this moisturizer as it is a tad bit greasy and heavy. So I'd recommend it more for those with dry or even combination skin.

This stuff lasts forever - I bought the 45 g container (the only size available) for 26$ CDN over 2 months ago and I'm barely halfway through. You only need a little dab here and there so you definitely get your money's worth. The only negative I have about this product, and it's the same way with most of Lush's products, is the packaging; you have to dip your finger in, which can be a little unsanitary. Sometimes I find one or two of my cat's hairs in there also lol but then again that happens with all face creams that come in jars.

Also the smell is AMAZING - it smells like vanilla, but REAL vanilla and not that fake vanilla scent that's in like cheap body sprays and perfumes. It literally smells like the pure vanilla extract that's sitting in my pantry lol such a relaxing scent!

I'd definitely buy this again and recommend it to anyone who suffers from dry, flaky skin! Go Lush!

on 12/29/2016 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Celestial...I like it. It's a very nice moisturizer that smells great. Anything vanilla-almond is irresistible to me, and this is lovely as an aromatheraputic night cream for extra moisture when my skin gets relatively dry. Celestial is sold as LUSH's most "gentle" moisturizer, but my skin is highly resistant, so I can't say if this is as gentle as something like CeraVe, and its end-result on my skin is the same one I get from CeraVe, or Kiehl's Ultra or Clinique Dramatically Different, or Mirakle Cream, etc. My skin feels soft. The difference, for me, is that Celestial is perfumed, and the aforementioned creams are not. If you like cocoa butter as a moisturizer, this is a smoothed-out, easily-absorbed version of pure cocoa butter with glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, perfumes and preservatives (methylparaben and propylparaben). Since reliable preservatives are present, there's no need to speculate upon the urban legends about skin creams in pots growing Staphylococcus or e.Coli, or whatever. (If you make a sculpture out of bat guano and don't wash your hands prior to moisturizing your face, you can probably "contaminate" your cream...So don't do that.) Celestial is probably not good for acne.

Celestial moisturizes skin with cocoa butter and glycerin. And maybe Almond milk softens skin. (Or maybe it's a fragrance?) LUSH claims "Dove Orchid" extract (the ingredient is listed as Dendrobium, which is the entire, massive genus of orchids) is "skin soothing". Lush says its Dove Orchids come from Singapore, so they're likely using Dendrobium crumenatum (commonly called Pigeon Orchid). The most well-known "Dove Orchid" is Peristeria elata. Since Peristeria elata is a species threatened with extinction, I assume LUSH isn't vanquishing it for use as an ingredient in a pedestrian skin cream. In any case, LUSH is vague about why they would use a flower oil, rather than Hyaluronic Acid, or Niacinamide, or ceramides....or some other justifiably ubiquitous ingredients. If I could do research on a specific ingredient, rather than the genus "Dendrobium", as provided by LUSH, I might want to use this regularly. As it is, I can't find any information as to why I would pay for $25.00 for 1.5 oz.Celestial rather than $4.75 for 6.8 oz. Nivea Soft.

LUSH marketers are brilliant marketers...absolutely brilliant...LUSH's skin care products are difficult to resist, with their cutesy and salt-of-the-earth approach to product names and packaging. I fall for it all the time. For me, Celestial is good...but Skin's Shangri La is great. Shangri La has a more luxurious texture than Celestial, yet somehow my skin absorbs Shangri La faster than Celestial, and Shangri La's moisturizing feeling lasts much longer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Got this as a birthday present, and it's the first Lush product I've ever used. I was desperate to find a moisturizer that wouldn't irritate my sensitive skin or cause any breakouts. This was a great solution. It's very gentle and VERY nourishing. It might be a bit too rich for me, as it did leave a bit of a sheen on my face (but hey, it's winter, and I'd take shiny over dry any day). I love that it's natural and not tested on animals. I might see if there's a lighter moisturizer available from Lush, but overall, I really like this one.

on 12/21/2016 1:08:00 PM

Some of the nicest face cream I've ever used. It is pricey but (as is true with most pricey beauty products) this one lasts a very long time and a little goes a long way. My skin is really sensitive, and I have a bit of rosacea. This cream is thick and mild and is great to apply before bedtime. I have noticed my skin is a lot softer and smoother since I started using it so if you're looking for a cream to splurge on for your very dry skin, this may be the ticket.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin feels so soft and plump. I use this along with facial bar soap Fresh Farmacy. 😍😍