3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

This is really a sheer lipstick; however I believe it is a pretty lipstick. It reminds me of Orgasm. It looks great with brown lipstick. This color looks good on all skin types.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesOther

2.0

12 years ago

I bought this lipstick for the first time many years ago (1999 maybe? wow). It was a huge lemming item then. I was in high school at the time and loved it. I didn't wear too much makeup (although I loved buying it) so this was really light and didn't feel too much like a lipstick. Well, now I'm all grown up and this color does nothing for me. It's so light and shimmery on my NC25 skin it is hardly noticed. I prefer bolder statements, or at least something that can be detected, if I'm spending $22 on lipstick. It doesn't last too long on the lips, typical of the sheer Nars. While this may have suited my needs many years ago, it doesn't anymore and I'm a lot more careful about where I spend my money!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal

HairBrown

12 years ago

I had my doubts when I uncapped this lipstick. It looks like a light, decidedly cool-toned lilac-pink with, like, <i>swirls</i> of very frosty gold shimmer. So garish and not me, I thought (I hate any hint of purple on my lips, even including most mauves). But I tried it on anyway and on my unlined, pigmented lips (naturally berry-pink), it lays down only a sheer layer of light pink (that is not too cool for me after all) veiled with delicate gold sheen. No frost, no purple tones--Galaxy Girl, despite it's name and garish looks, is actually a subtle, wearable, pretty color. Whoever described it as MAC's Nymphette lip glass in lipstick form was right on the money, except GG is a lot more subtle since it's very sheer and not as shiny. I feel totally comfortable sporting GG during the day and I work in a pretty conservative environment. <br><br> The texture is thin and more oily than creamy-feeling. I find a lip balm underneath helps alleviate the texture issue and prevents this from drying out my chronically-chapped lips. Staying power isn't good, but who can expect better from a sheer lipstick? But the formula is such that I don't have to fear a sparkling chin after fifteen minutes. Those who prefer bolder lips will be disappointed, but those of you who appreciate restrained makeup that quietly accents your features rather than overwhelming them will probably enjoy Galaxy Girl.

About reviewer (2540 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

from

13 years ago

I bought this lipstick because it looked good on the back of my hand. Then nothing but a goldish sheen showed up when I applied it to my lips. So it sat in my makeup case forever. I would take it now and then to try it out again, but it never worked. It was a blah color and I didn't see the soft pink with gold that I saw on the back of my hand. Finally I paired it with NARS Rosebud lipliner and amazingly the baby pink with shimmer showed up. I hate that it took me forever to find the perfect lipliner in order for the color to work, but now that I have, its a must have and I will continue to repurchase.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

13 years ago

I bought this via mail order when it first came out along with the Ashes to Ashes eye shadow. (I didn't have access to a Nars counter at the time.) I was a bit dissapointed with Galaxy Girl at first. It didn't show up at all on my corpse pale lips. It just looked like I was wearing a little Chap Stick. I started expirementing with different bases. Among my favorites are a pink Sephora lip pencil, the Laura Mercier Baby Lips lip pencil and Benefit Benetint. Yes, it's an extra step, and I understand why not everyone would want to go to such lengths. I like the results though. I think it would be really great for someone with naturally pink lips.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry

1.0

13 years ago

One of my worst purchase in makeup. It looks beautiful in the tube, but the formula is so sheer that it doesn't show AT ALL on my lips! For the price, I would have expected more pigmented. I'm so disappointed. Packaging is bad as usual, the tube gets dirty very quickly. Galaxy Girl is such a WASTE OF MONEY; don't buy it!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

13 years ago

With my complexion it is difficult to wear pink. Galaxy Girl is one of the select few that passes the test. A baby pink with pretty gold shimmer, it is a soft femine color that I feel comfortable with. The baby pink color is not hard to find but the best part is the gold shimmer and the sheer buildable formula. Very versitile, great with Orgasm blush or other pink/peach blushes.

About reviewer (218 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

14 years ago

I am on the fence about this lipstick--can't decide if it washes me out (NW20) or not. And for $23.00, I should love it. What I do like is that it lasts pretty long for a sheer, but it also lacks the glossiness I like in other sheers like Armani and MAC lustres. Overall, I am not thrilled at all.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Other

HairOther

EyesHazel

from

14 years ago

This color is basically Orgasm in a tube. Very sheer rose with lots of gold shimmer. My main complaint is the texture is a little thick and can pull your lips which can make them wrinkly (eeww). The finish is a little too frosty for everyday use, but is definitely a pick for a night out. Note: Nars packaging is dead sexy.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

14 years ago

*sigh* I am in super love with this lipstick! I'm a big peachy gold lipcolor junkie and I was extremely happy to find Galaxy Girl today. My favorite lipgloss/glass is MAC's Nymphette which I did a side by side and they're pratically indentical. I've purchased four NARS lipsticks this month and I just love them. The consistency and the wear are just great and the colors are so rich. I've never been this head-over-heels for a brand before when it comes to lipstick. Will keep purchasing this shade as long as it's available. Yet another "YAY!" for NARS! :> EDIT 9/27/08 Taking this from a 5 down to a 3. Where I still love this shade it's too sheer IMO. Also don't like that I have to use more than usual to get a good color payoff going. Thankfully by accident I found a l/s called Frozen Rose from Avon which is the same shade as Galaxy Girl only creamier and much more color/pigment. AND if I wait till it goes on sale I can get a tube for $1.99 which is obviously better deal for my wallet during these penny pinching times. So since I found a great replacement for GG in FR I won't be purchasing GG anymore.

About reviewer (647 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm