Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush

Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's not my kind of brush, but it's excellent for the price and the coverage it provides. It looks like a small version of a traditional flat foundation brush and I hate those.
Flat brushes are made for padding lots of product onto the skin. They aren't meant for blending or flawless application, they made for quickly building up the coverage.
People who have acne or scars or any other major things they want to conceal by using a heavy amount of product will enjoy using this. But bare in mind that you will need another brush to blend out the edges.
Great brush for full coverage, but pass for those who like to achieve a flawless result by using only one brush.

on 12/28/2014 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Before this l was using the sample small kabuki to get into the nooks and crannies of my face! I use it with bm original and matte fdn. I also use it to go over acne scars and other discolouration. I have deep-set, discoloured eyelids and the main brush wasn't doing it for me. This is an essential for me. It's synthetic, washes perfectly with shampoo and has retained a perfect shape after 3 years of daily use. I haven't tried it with any other fdn.

on 7/21/2014 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a must have brush in order to apply powder foundation as a concealer. Works great with well rested and foundation. No shedding with daily use and weekly washing. Too bulky to use with crme or liquid concealers.

Used this for years all the time. Worked great when I used Bare Minerals, but I use it with liquid now and it still works amazing. I've never found another concealer brush come close and so glad this came in my starter Bare Minerals kit years ago!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really don't like this brush, personally. I love their foundation brush so I hoped this would be the same. I was wrong, it was awful. Really stiff- I tried using it under my eyes and it didnt spread evenly and looked worse then when I usually apply it with fingers.

on 10/19/2014 5:03:00 PM

I use the bareMinerals mineral foundation with the concealer brush as a concealer, and it covers most of my blemishes, not counting acne scars as much. works better for dark eye circles than blemishes, but still conceals both.

Previously I had been using MAC's 194 Concealer brush. Perhaps I was a novice but at the time I gave it a rave review. In hindsight, it was probably not the best brush to apply concealer to the undereye. Bare Esentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush is a real gem. It's almost like a mini foundation brush - it's perfect for blending concealer to the undereye without streaking or caking.The brush and it's bristles are also very sturdy and easy to clean. Will buy again if I ever need to replace it.

on 5/29/2014 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I purchased mine from eBay since it was half the price compared to sephora.com. I do not know how bare minerals brushes feel like but the handle was really light and didn't seem like high quality. Also the bristles itself was not "packed" like other reviews mentioned. However i noticed the bristles were soft and didn't look like it would shed. As for application, I used it with my cream concealer and it did not blend on to the skin and left steaks. But after testing out for a bit dabbing the product worked a whole lot better and actually gave full coverage. but then I had to blend out the edges with my finger which beats the whole purpose of using a brush. With that being said I think this brush was meant to be used with only powder concealers (since dabbing worked) or I may have received a knockoff. Has anyone purchased it from eBay? I'd be annoyed if I did get a knockoff but only a little bit since I only half the price of the ones being sold on sephora.

on 7/21/2014 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is good for applying powder concealer. I've never had a problem with this brush shedding, like most other BE brushes. Had for years and still in great shape.

I am super happy with this brush. Keep it clean, and it works like a charm every time! Better for under the eyes than for blemishes, but will definitely get the job done either way...

Popular Makeup Brushes