Helena Rubinstein Spectacular Mascara

No Image

3.8

on 2/7/2004 2:19:00 PM

Well, well, well...this mascara is even better than HR Long Lash or Vertiginous. It's truly Spectacular! Yes, trying to purchase it in the USA is a spectacular pain, but well worth the effort. It's lash perfection!

This mascara lengthens incredibly well, imparts slight volume, gives inky, flirty, feathery, glossy black lashes, AND it wears like iron, too -- no sagging, smearing, smudging or flaking. Definitely the Rolls Royce version of Maybelline's Illegal Lengths and then some!

My only complaint (besides the regular price LOL!) is the packaging....wish it were more like the glorious gold-metal Long Lash, instead of run-of-the-mill plastic that dries out all too quickly. Its short life aside, I would call HR Spectacular the greatest mascara ever born. My lashes are in love!!! :) continued >>

on 3/1/2004 4:50:00 AM

This is the greatest mascara alive!! No racoon eyes ever. no flakingm smearing, feathery, smutty, inky, thick, long (no spideries, spikies though) but I got caught in the london rain, like usual, and positively NO running, or dark undereyes!! how is this possible. All my w/p stuff runs and racoons me. BTW, I have tried almost every single mascara out there in the past 2 years (obsessive addiction maybe? to find my HG. FOUND IT!!!!!! Even better then Stephane Marias and that says alot. Also stays just as fresh in 3 months as the day you opened it!!

on 4/20/2004 2:12:00 AM

Helena Rubinstein have the BEST mascara in the world!! It can last whole day and it bring out my eye!
Better than Lancome.

on 4/28/2004 12:32:00 PM

After the high end mascara fiasco of 2003 involving Diorshow and YSL Faux Cils, I swore off high end mascara. 25 Dollars down the drain. But then I tried this. It does what it's supposed to do! I know it is hard to get in the US but it is worth it. Long Long lashes, no clumping. Very wet mascara.

on 8/10/2004 4:34:00 PM

I think HR have the best mascaras together with Lancome. And this is the best one of HR mascaras.

on 8/31/2004 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Best mascara ever! So glad I broke down and bought it. Well worth the price and the long shipping from Strawberrynet.com. Makes my lashes ridiculously long,no smudging or flaking at all. I will be buying again and again.

on 9/15/2004 7:32:00 AM

I buy this because of the good rating I read. I am so very dissapointed because it slick off my lashes over 5 hours of wearing. I thought it's at least a tear-proof if not waterproof! I compare this with Lancome's definicils... even it's similiar in packaging. Won't buy again.. but I have to admit that with the gold tube it looked so gooooood

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara gives good length. It also gives pretty good separation (no spidery lashes). Not much volume though. The brush is quite small and thin, which gives good control and is fantastic for getting into corners. I think the gold packaging is really pretty. The staying power is great - I had no flaking or smudging at the end of the day. I did find that it made my lashes 'hard', which i didn't like. It doesn't hold curl at all, which was a big disappointment for me. Also, this mascara applies very wet.

on 12/15/2004 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my all-time favourite mascara. Gives great length, never clumps, and stays put all day. Perfect! Have bought it again and again the last ten years. If HR discontinues this, I'm in deep trouble.

on 2/3/2005 8:19:00 PM

It took me months to decide which high brand mascara to purchase and when I finally went for this one, L'Oreal decides not to commercialise Helena Rubinstein's products in my country. Anyway, I bought it and couldn't be more satisfied. I even went back to the store where I first purchased it and bought the last two packs they had. Now I'll have Spectacular until August 2006.
If you want long, separated smooth lashes, that's the perfect mascara.