Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

4.4

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Tiglyceride, Butylene Glycol,Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Hydrogenated Stearyl Olive Esters, Butyrospermum Parkii/Shea Butter, Ceteary Alcohol, PEG-75 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, BIS-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Sesamum Indicum/Sesame Seed Oil, Squalane, Dimethicone, Ceteth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima/Avacado Oil, Steareth-20, Ceteareth-20, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Eucalyptus Globulus/Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice 685230/5 Code F.LL.: D8409/1 Made In U.S.A. 1/26/12

on 5/7/2016 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It is a really neat cream because of it's formula and it absorbs fast in my skin. It gives the moisture it needs and leaves a really nice smell of mint and aloe vera. It has a cold feeling on the skin which makes it really relaxing and has like a thick balsamic touch. It is actually my first hand cream, but for now I am happy with it!

on 10/6/2015 12:34:00 AM

This is my all time favorite hand cream, and I've tried many. I love this stuff because it's extremely hydrating but it absorbs really quickly. I usually apply hand cream at night, and if my hands end up touching my face at night while I sleep it won't break me out, which is a bonus. It smells like eucalyptus, which I actually find to be soothing and therapeutic. After applying it I wake up with super soft hands. (For reference, I'm a bartender/server so I'm constantly washing my hands and doing dishes, which makes my hands extremely dry)

To Read all 127 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/20/2015 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know this is their top selling hand cream, but yuck, yuck, yuck.

This salve is, to me, very greasy feeling. It has dimethicone, which I personally detest, but some people like it as it creates a sort of moisture barrier, which some say will "hold moisture in". Products with dimethicone are recommended for people who wash their hands a LOT, as I did when I was in healthcare, but I just hate that sticky, greasy feeling of product sitting on top of the skin.

Underneath the slime coat, it does moisturize.

I also don't care for the smell. Some find it "fresh". I find it too medicinal.

I much prefer their cream for callouses. Still, lots of people love this, so I wouldn't recommend AGAINST giving it a try. YMMV.

on 2/1/2015 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this hand cream. It is very thick and rich for dry skin but takes only a few seconds to absorb without leaving a greasy feeling. The smell is amazing. It smells like eucalyptus which reminds me of the spa. I am sensitive to smells because they can give me headaches but this smell last only a few seconds and really isn't overwhelming. This is now, by far, my favorite hand cream and I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 9/15/2014 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

The only thing that seems to work on a stubborn patch of eczema on the back of my hand. I dislike the smell and the feeling when I get this one my face by accident. Also it's pricey, but I'm willing to fork over the money as long as it continues to work.

on 5/22/2014 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My hands dry out very badly in cold weather. When I was a kid, they actually used to crack and bleed in winter! Nowadays they just get very dry but this hand salve works really well at keeping them soft and smooth. It's quite expensive for the amount you get, but it's something that actually works so I don't mind the cost.

The packaging is the worst aspect of this salve, which is very rich and when you try to get the last little bit out it's pretty much impossible. You'll have to cut it open and keep it in a ziploc bag so it doesn't dry out to get the most out of it.

This is the only product that will keep my hands moisturized for a long period of time during the winter. It forms a 'glove-like' barrier around your hands which doesn't feel heavy. I'm not too keen on the scent but I will keep repurchasing this product since it's the only thing that works!

on 2/11/2014 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG status for the mere fact that VERY little goes a long way, it absorbs quickly, leaving a nice powdery finish some MUAers cleverly refer to as a "veil". Perfect description. The cream is of nice thick consistency, I believe they changed the formula because the tube my bestie has is filled with yellowish cream with thicker consistency and the one I picked up today is white and not as thick. The finish feels the same and those of you with a touch screen phone will appreciate this salve for how quickly it absorbs into your skin. The price is obnoxious, $18 CAD for 75 ml ($0.24/ml) and $28 for 150 ml ($0.18/ml) so if anyone knows of a salve that moisturizes as thoroughly and has the same finish as Kiehl's, let me know, although I am more than happy paying $30 for something I know works well. Even the 75 ml tube will last you for quite some time because this salve keeps your hands moisturized even after you wash them so it's ideal for those in healthcare and food industry. If you constantly lose your gloves, this salve will save your hands even during worst Canadian winters. It practically eliminated the need to cut my cuticles and if I absentmindedly touch my face, it doesn't cause break outs. Works wonders on rough elbow and knee areas as well as cracked heels. Apply, put on a pair of socks and wake up to way better feet than the night before. Originally, I took a lippie off for the price tag, however this cream eliminates the need for $12 paraffin treatments so technically it deserves 5/5.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Am I the only one who didn't like this? I work a desk job and don't have particularly dry hands, but the eucalyptus/menthol (or whatever ingredient that gives it the medicinal smell) made me feel like my hands were on fire. This made my skin burn and itch like crazy. I had to wash it off right away, so can't comment on whether it's moisturizing. Would not recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The #1 reason why I like this hand cream is because it's unscented. It sounds weird, but if you work in an office with smell-sensitive male colleagues than this is the best! They won't frown upon you, or sneeze, no matter how liberally or frequently you apply this hand salve. It's non-greasy and I do feel that it creates a veil of protection like its description suggests. The down side of this "veil" is that I don't feel that it sinks in or moisturizes as well as others. It does a decent job, but not the best. I prefer Crabtree & Evelyn's Gardner's Therapy - even though it has a very strong scent, it sinks in like a dream and this is what I prefer in a hand cream.