Earth Science Azulene Eye Treatment

Earth Science Azulene Eye Treatment

3.1

pH 7.4(INCI): Water, Beeswax, Squalane, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Oil, Guaiazulene, Castor Oil, Bilberry Extract, (Matricaria Flower Extract, Eyebright Extract, Jasmine Flower Extract, Kola Nut Extract, Guarana, Mate Extract, Lavender Oil, Allantoin, Sodium Borate, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I read the negative/poor reviews of this product, but I am having a great experience with it so far. Have been using it AM and PM for a week with mixed results based on the claims of the product. Rating below:

Hydrating/moisturizing: Solid 4 lippies, left off 1 lippie because there is probably something better out there
Reduce Puffiness: 3 lippies - does seem to reduce some puffiness, but not as much as I would expect
Reduce Dark Circles: 2 lippies - only minimally reduces those
Age-Related Issues (wrinkles, crepeyness, etc.) - 1 lippie
Ingredient Red Flags: Citrus among others but...
Reactions/Redness/Irriation: 5 lippies for zero problems with my sensitive, acne-prone, oily skin
Packaging: 3 lippies because it's a plastic jar and does not come with a spatula, but it's a decent size for the price
Will I repurchase?: Yes, mainly for the hydrating factor combined with zero skin reactions

Texture is thick at first, but with the heat of your finger and skin, quickly becomes softened and creamier. The blue color leaves no cast after it begins absorbing. It absorbs fairly quickly ~5 mins. So, I apply 2 layers in the PM and the 2nd layer will partially absorb right away then fully overnight. I have developed milia with other products, but I did not so far with this one. My skin really liked it and it's reasonably priced ($7-$16 depending on retailer). Scent is a barely discernible citrus/fruity.

Azulene is an isomer of naphthalene which gives the cream its blue tint (derived from mushrooms, marine invertebrates and chamomile - which is where the ingredients in this product come from).

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Glycerin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Glucoside, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Niacinamide, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Allantoin, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Azulene, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Amara (Bitter Almond) Kernel Oil, Barosma Betulina Leaf/Twig Extract, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil.

on 4/7/2016 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Nope. I applied just a tiny amount and it was still so heavy and greasy that had I been doing anything other than falling asleep I would have washed it right off. In fact, when I woke up the next morning I did exactly that because it hadn't sunk it/rubbed off at all overnight. I can't imagine wearing this during the day; makeup would slide right off. I'll use it up on my cuticles or something because I can't stand the fell of it around my eyes.

on 12/9/2011 11:28:00 AM

This cream is very rich so be careful with it. I developed stys and eventually an eye infection, I had never gotten either of these things before, after using this product for a couple of weeks. When I visited the doctor to treat these conditions the first thing she asked me was what lotions I was using. Bottom line, be careful about what you use around your eyes!

on 8/1/2011 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Came across this in my search for the perfect eye cream. It's a very thick cream that feels a little tingly when applied, and absorbs nicely. If applied in a heavy layer it will make light skin look a little blue, but the blue fades quickly. It's very rich and moisturizing, but I don't know that it's helping reduce puffiness, lines, or dark circles. I like it, I might buy it again (was only $15, has no parabens, and no animal testing) but it's not the "perfect" eye cream I'm looking for.

on 4/30/2011 1:14:00 AM

I like it. It's not fantastic for reducing undereye circles, but it does help with puffiness. It's moisturizing as well, which is a plus. I've had no white bumps or anything. I pretty much love how it feels and smells, plus you just need to use a TINY bit. I just wish it did more for my dark circles.

on 10/2/2010 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is garbage! While it does moisturize, it caused lots of white bumps around my eyes. Hate it hate it hate it.

on 3/1/2010 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is an odd little eye cream that I found by accident after getting a free sample. I didn't expect much, especially when I saw it was blue. However, I was so pleasantly surprised that I went out and bought some.

Having used this longer, I went back to edit this review - I now don't like it as well as originally did, and it doesn't seem to be shrinking my eye puffs as I had thought. It's just very "average" except that it's blue....

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I've had this product for about a week now. I originally used it just at night, as the blue colour freaked me out a bit, but it does absorb pretty fast and the colour seems to fade away, so I now also use it during the day as well. I wear it under my concealer and foundation and it has been fine-- not blue, no oiliness, doesn't cause my make up to slip off or smudge around the eyes, so I think it is safe to wear it during the day.

I only have very fine lines around my eyes, and I am not puffy or very dark in the eye area. After about a week of using this, I don't see any drastic changes around my eyes, but like I said, I only really have very fine lines so any changes wouldn't be very dramatic on me. I like the fact that this absorbs very well into my skin, as I have had issues in the past with eye creams leaving an oily residue on my eyelids. I do think the jar is a bit large. I couldn't see myself using the entire thing before it starts to go bad.

I liked what this was doing until it went rancid and started burning the area under/around my eye. It's cheap, it's natural, it's blue (which is fun and it's from the chamomile) and it does a good job of hydrating. I can't say for sure, but I think it also reduced my undereye circles a bit. I had it for MONTHS before it went bad. Used maybe half the jar. Won't be repurchasing, though, after discovering 100% Pure Coffee Bean Eye Cream and some other natural eye balms I prefer.

on 11/26/2009 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

this comes in a small jar with a tiny spatula. it works for me. i really feel like it's helped with my undereye darkness even after only a few uses. i feel like others have said it's not a daytime eyecream. it's rich and thick but absorbs in well. all you need is a little bit. i bought this from whole foods where i feel like they take care to offer products they feel are healthy & safe.