Isadora Hydralight water-based natural makeup

No Image

2.9

on 9/9/2016 9:14:00 AM

I'm surprised that this has such a low rating since I actually really like it. 62 natural beige is a perfect shade for me, I apply it with a beauty blender and it goes on easy and looks natural. I have used it for a couple months and My skin has not broken out.

I set it with Nyx hd finishing powder and use a primer, and also a setting spray so I can't say how the foundation stays on by itself. It looks natural and stays on for a long time the way I use it anyway. I would say the coverage is medium.

The packaging is dull but practical, one pump is a perfect amount for my face.

I wanted to find i foundation to cover my acne..and I read that this one was water-based, and It sounded good to me, but i have to say that it wasnt really good for my skin. it's to THICK so it clogs my pores! Not so helpfull..but it's still good to have one of these if you reeeally need good coverage, beacuse it covers very well.

on 5/20/2008 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for something to replace my L'Oreal Translucide foundation (my HG foundation and is being discontinued - boo!!) So i thought that as it was described as "water based" (arent all foundations? Take a look at the ingredients LOL!) and as "light coverage" then i would give it a try. Isadora is very popular here in Norway and everyone has such wonderful looking skin so that influenced me abit as well.
The foundation texture itself is nice and similar to Translucide but abit more "oily". It blends brilliantly and gives a decent glow to the skin. It also gives decent coverage over minor imperfections such as small spots/minor redness or dark eye circles. I would describe it as light to medium coverage... The packaging is completely boring /1980's style and looks very "drugstore", which is ridiculous for the price (i payed NOK 111 which is around 10 or "$17US).

The only problem i had with this foundation and the reason why i won't be buying it again is the colour choice. I don't know what all the pale blondes and redheads do here but they certainly don't use Isadora!! I myself am not exactly milk white in appearance - my skin is pale to medium toned with a bit of yellow/pink undertone (I usually use Translucide 15 or 16 nude beige) and i get a little darker in the summer. I also can only use "cool" colours in my makeup. Isadora seems to only make foundation colours for those warm skinned and tanned Scandinavians. I bought "Blonde Beige 60" and it looked fine when i tried it on my chin in the store but when i covered my whole face in it, it went from a nice fresh slightly pink toned foundation to a murky almost grey based beige in the space of around 5 minutes. In natural daylight i looked like i had been slapped in the face. It also highlighted the red tones in my skin (which i am always trying to hide!) and made me look abit washed out. In comparison, my Translucide colour 16 Nude Beige balances out the red tones and makes all my other makup look fresh and bright. This stuff just brought out all the red tones in my other makeup so now my Benefit Highbeam became too pink and my mauve lipgloss became a purply red. So i was Mrs Red Face for the day... Not very attractive!!
Needless to say i wore this makeup outside once and i definately will be binning it. Its a shame really cause Isadora's lipglosses are some of the best i have tried in terms of colours and texture. I also use their mineral pressed powder and again, it comes in lovely (though limited) colours for us cool toned people. I have no idea who came up with their foundation colours, but they really need to start taking a look around. Its al red and orange tones. I'm going back to my trusted L'Oreal and will try and find a replacement to Translucide among their other foundations...

on 2/25/2008 4:52:00 AM

I got this as as i was caught out with out my MU bag - i plumped for this one as i am a fan of water-based foundations - Isa Dora are a company that i would never buy something from - they strike me as a very dowdy company with MU that reflects that. This MU is quite goopy - looks ok on the skin - but can ball up if you rub at your skin - DISGUSTING! Also its looks a little murky. Im a nw15/20 & got 60Beige Blonde. I wouldnt buy this again & it has re-inforced my opinion on Isa Dora as a company.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Got this in 62 natural beige which was the totally wrong shade for me. I ended up looking frightfully orange, but then again I've always had a hard time finding colour matching veils. My skin is blotchy after acne scars and in desperate need of some good old fashioned covering up! This was not a foundation for me, as it was too sheer. I found that it wore off too quickly.. not good. It did give an even result though.

on 4/4/2005 10:14:00 AM

This is not so good in my opinion. I am a PPP and this is the only Isadora foundation formula that I was able to find in light enough shade. I find that strange because Isadora is a swedish company and scandinavians are often light skinned? I was looking for somwething for my dry skin that would not show my flakes and would have light coverage. This is otherwice very good but I hate that it comes off so easily. It just sits there on top of my skin and leaves marks on my mobile phone every time I need to call. It wears off so easily. I wont repurchase though the color 60 was very nice on my skin.

Bought this foundation (Classic Beige) last week and love the shade and coverage. But everytime I apply it, my sensitive skin burns for about 3 minutes. I only wish it would work for me. But I love some of the other products in the IsaDora line.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm very impressed by this foundation. I wanted to try the matte version (which I still might) but because this had the perfect color for me, 61 classic beige and water-based, I tried this. It is very similar to Armani LSF but more yellow toned and seems a bit more matte anyway. I have a very oily t-zone and it went on nice, not dry or masky yet but almost velvety and natural. I haven't used it in warmer weather but if it reacts differently I'll update. It is pricier for a drugstore foundation but if this works then the 11.99 I spent is peanuts compared to the armani and prada foundation I've been splurging on. I'm and LSF 4, Stila b/c.