no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

I purchased this for my 8 yr olds dull, lifeless, chlorine damaged hair. It's a miracle! It has brought shine and bounce and natural waves back. She is the only one in the family with dark auburn hair or we'd all be using it. This has made her lighter red highlights shine! She says it smells like licorice and I agree with her. It's not strong and doesn't linger in the hair however. It's more solid than Lush's other solid bars and not pretty and doesn't lather real well but it cleans wonderfully. It is only available in the retro section online. Please don't quit making this!

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2.0

7 years ago

The product is definitely not for dry hair, it even made my hair greasy which rarely ever happens! to be honest i'm not sure WHAT type of hair this is for. the smell is straight up bad...it actually made me nauseous a few times. i was not a fan. my hair felt sticky and looked the least bit glossy....yikes. my go to product is just always wen six thirteen!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

9 years ago

At first I loved it. It made my hair super shiny and easy to style. However, after using it for about a week, my hair started looking dull and greasy. I had to use a clarifying shampoo to make my hair look clean and soft again. I now use it as a conditioner. However, it is too much hassle and too expensive, so I won't repurchase. Back to my beloved Pantene conditioner and shampoo!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

EyesHazel

9 years ago

While I'm a long-time LUSH fan, I have always been wary of their solid shampoos. I love the idea in theory - no packaging, an economical product, and something all-natural for washing my hair - but I somehow assumed that a solid shampoo would leave my hair matted and dry. (My should-length hair is very thick, wavy and dark brown - virtually black, in fact). Well, I was wrong about LUSH shampoo bars. I ordered some Reincarnate off of the LUSH website on a whim out of sheer curiosity. The smell is interesting, to say the least, but it has definitely grown on me (I can't really even describe the scent other than to say it's quite earthy...but I loathe sweet and/or synthetic scents, so earthy is fine with me). This shampoo bar lathers up nicely and is gentle on my hair. I am also convinced that it has extended the life of the red-based semi-permanent hair coloring that I recently put in my hair. ( Dyes usually last a grand total of 5 minutes in my hair, so this is thrilling). I follow Reincarnate with some of LUSH's Retread conditioner, rinse that out and then apply a very small amount of The Strokes hair treatment to the ends. The smells are unique, and I have come to appreciate the combination of the scent and the way that these products work together so much that I repurchased everything once I ran out recently. Reincarnate and Jungle solid conditioner are definitely coming with me on my next business trip - their portability is fantastic, especially when you want or need to travel light, and each usage requires very little product, so they are well worth the price. That said, I would not recommend this shampoo bar for those with very dry hair, as it is not very moisturizing.

About reviewer (311 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

3.0

10 years ago

Hmm... what to say about Reincarnate? A friend of mine, who is a LUSH employee, gave this to me, saying it was wonderful for dark hair. However, I'm Korean-American and have really dark hair -- like, "as dark as you can get without being black because black hair apparently doesn't really exist" hair. So in that respect, Reincarnate doesn't really do it for me, as I think the henna in it is supposed to enhance warm brunette tones in hair; however, as with all LUSH shampoos I've tried, it does make my hair look super glossy without weighing it down. The reason why Reincarnate gets three lippies is due to it's texture, smell, and shape. Unlike all of my favorite LUSH shampoos (you MUST try seanik, ultimate shine, and BIG), this one is difficult to work through my hair and lather up; it feels crumbly rather than melty in my hands, and as a result, my hair never really FEELS clean. And in terms of the smell, it smells like a very spicy incense/patchouli, which is not my favorite -- think LUSH's Karma soap but without the lovely citrus. It fades quickly, especially if you condition afterward, but part of the joy of LUSH products is having your shower smell like heaven, no? And finally, although this is a minor, minor quibble, I wish Reincarnate was shaped like the majority of LUSH solid shampoos, so it would fit into the shampoo tin. I'll use up this huge chunk that my friend gave me, but I won't be repurchasing. You can't find this in the LUSH stores, but it is in the Retro section online.

About reviewer (518 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

1.0

11 years ago

I don't like this shampoo much. I didn't really like the smell at all and it was not easy for me to lather up. I will not be buying this again. I much prefer hybrid.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

HairBlack

11 years ago

I typically wash my hair every other day. I use Ultimate Shine, New, and Squeaky Green - all with amazing results. After using Reincarnate, my hair started to look greasy by the end of the day, and I don't even have greasy hair. It seemed to generally weigh down my fine hair, and I couldn't tell that it was doing anything for my color either. I also think it smells absolutely terrible (and it doesn't look very pretty either). I so so so wanted to like this after reading the great reviews on the LUSH site, but I just couldn't get it to work for me. Good thing I have so many other amazing LUSH solid shampoos to use! **Edit** I gave this shampoo another shot, and I found it to be very effective next time around. I still hate the smell, but it makes my hair look lovely. Maybe the greasy hair was just a bad hair day/bad conditioner? Anyway, I have been using this regularly for about 2 weeks now and have barely made a dent in the bar. I usually lather up and leave the shampoo in my hair for 3-5 minutes while I shave and soap up (in the hopes it will deposit extra color). I sometimes wash again, and follow with a light conditioner just on the ends. It keeps my hair clean for 2 days without being too drying. It also adds volume to my fine hair which is a big plus. I have dark brown hair tinted with red, and I haven't noticed a change in my color, but I will keep using and see what happens.

About reviewer (153 reviews)

EyesBlue

11 years ago

This shampoo is very nice and easy to use. It smells quite nice, a natural earthy smell. It's much better than fake floral scents of ordinary shampoos.If you really don't like it, don't worry because it doesn't linger. The block lasts a really long time, much long than my Trichomania because it doesn't have soft coconut or other stuff in it, so it is very hard. Not so hard as to be uncomfortable though! It has a slightly gritty texture, but nothing really noticeable. It lathers very well. It doesn't do what it's supposed to do on me, ie give me red highlights, which I'm disapppointed about. I took a lippie off for that. If I just use this with Jungle conditioner it doesn't moisturise my hair quite enough, so it's fluffy afterwards and needs more straightening. However, if I rub a TINY bit of olive oil on my hair before and wash it out with this it works really well, cleansing my hair nicely and not drying it. Overall, a very good shampoo. I will buy this again unless I find something better.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

11 years ago

Unlike others, i quite like the smell of this shampoo. Its quite earthy and spicy and ok, it may not smell conventional, but i prefer it to the usual processed floral smells of most bottled shampoos. I bought this as i was told that asian hair is naturally heavy so needs to have natural hair products on it quite a bit as normal shampoos' chemicals weigh it down. And i agree as this does seem to make my hair feel so much lighter after a wash. Its hard to say what its effects are on my natural black hair as it always looks fairly healthy after a wash and its no different when i use this shampoo. However, because i have dyed red streaks, i'm sure it strips the colour a bit which is why one point must be taken away.

About reviewer (87 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

12 years ago

Having once been talked into buying a shampoo bar from Lush (Soak and Float) which not only failed to work but also exacerbated my dandruff, I was pretty sceptical when this product was recommended to me. However, I've been using a sample of this shampoo that I was given for about six weeks now, and I love it. It smells good, the only thing that was initially offputting was the slightly gritty texture. My scalp is sensitive and tends to get scaly at the mere hint of a product that it doesn't like. No such worries with this shampoo. On problem, but only if you are squeamish: the remains of my sample look like a dog has taken a dump in my soap dish.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35