The Body Shop Eyeshadow Brush

The Body Shop Eyeshadow Brush

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/16/2017 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Not a great fan of this brush. The slanted kabuki from The Body Shop is my all time favorite for setting powder, so I thought I should try out some other brushes from the range. This is a disappointment. It doesn't pick up powder eyeshadows that well, but also doesn't work with creamier products. It costs 8,50 euro here in Europe, which isn't that bad, but it just doesn't perform. The design is nice, with a sturdy handle and nice sleek look, but I don't like the bulky bottom. I store my brushes in a cup on my vanity, and this one doesn't fit nicely between the others - okay, I might have too many brushes in the same cup...

on 2/14/2016 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very thin brush. It doesn't really pick up a lot of product and not great for packing. Work better for lining under eyes with shadow and placing colour precisely. The handle is pretty thick. I bought in a set on sale, but I wouldn't advise buying this for full price.

on 5/3/2013 2:53:00 PM

This is much too thin to work as an eyeshadow brush. It picks up hardly any product at all. I sometimes use it with cream eyeshadows but mainly as a concealer brush - although I prefer my smaller concealer brushes over this one. On the plus side I've had it a few years and it's very sturdy and doesn't shed hairs but still not worth the price.

on 3/25/2013 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This brush has stiff bristles and colour goes on easily, I like the design of the brush. But I do not use eye shadow often, I only got this for prom and a makeup module I had in school.

on 1/20/2013 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I won't repurchase not because of anything but this brush just doesn't break (like all TBS brushes).

I got the travel mineral eye shadow brush.
It is good, soft and yet stiff enough. Not a fantastic brush in my opinion but good enough for beginners or travelling. Doesn't blend well as it's too stiff and flat.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think all The Body Shop brushes are overlooked - people like Bobbi brown and MAC, but some brushes from the Body Shop do way better than the 'professional' brands! but of course, not all.

This is the best brush I have used from The Body Shop. It is very soft, but stiff enough to sculpt my eyes, and it is dense to get enough eyeshadows. I use this to apply eyeshadows precisely on my eyes, and it works well. The long handle is easy to use too, and of course, it never sheds a bit and it's cruelty-free!

Good for both beginners and pros! x

on 11/30/2011 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This brush has retained its shape excelIently for so many years and it's quite inexpensive. I use it to apply cream eyeshadows and works well for that - would repurchase. On the other hand it doesn't pack enough eyeshadow for a good colour pay off when it comes to powder, so be aware of that before deciding.

on 9/21/2011 10:00:00 AM

This brush is soft and easy to apply make up with. I like it.

on 4/25/2011 8:00:00 PM

This was my first eyeshadow brush ever. Recently, I was using it and it didn't really apply my powder eyeshadow and the handle and metal part fell apart because the glue that stuck them together dried out so I can pull them apart. Probably won't repurchase but it was worth a try.

I like the way this brush looks and feels. It doesn't shed at all, or at least not so far (washed several times) I got it as a GWP so the price was right :) This doesn't work with dry shadows at all. The bristles are too stiff and won't pick up enough colour. However, this works well for creams and whatnot. I use it with wet applications as well. The stiff bristles make it an ideal eyeliner brush. I'm pretty happy with it overall. At 15 bucks, I doubt I would repurchase. I can get a better brush for cheaper elsewhere.

Popular Makeup Brushes