RIMMEL Silky Loose Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
RIMMEL Silky Loose Face Powder
Silky Loose Face PowderSilky Loose Face Powder

1 review

TALC, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, SERICA/SILK POWDER/POUDRE DE SOIE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BHT. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/ /-: MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)].

on 1/6/2010 10:48:00 AM

I used this for about year as a setting powder for my EL Double Wear foundation. My T-zone is very oily so I need something to keep the shine at bay and give a smooth finish to my skin.

This powder does a decent job at all this. I usually have oil breaking through withing an hour but with this I only needed to retouch after 4-5 hours, which is pretty awesome for me.
I also like that it's transparent so it doesn't alter the colour of my foundation and doesn't look cakey.
It does tend to give a white cast if you apply too much though. I use quite a lot but I make sure I buff it into my skin with a large kabuki and it's fine then. Alternatively this would be very good to lighten a foundation that's too dark!

What I don't like about this is that it contains shimmer. The shimmer is sadly a bit chunky and it does emphasize pores a bit. My face also shows up ghost white in photos where I'm wearing this, must be either because of the shimmer or titanium dioxide.
I also don't like that there is no ingredients list of this to be found anywhere online, and there is also none on the product itself.

Overall this is a nice setting powder. It imparts a pretty satin finish and controls oil better than any drugstore loose powder I've tried. Doesn't cake, doesn't oxidize. I've repurchased like 4 times but I'm on the lookout for something more finely milled now.