RIMMEL Silky Loose Face Powder

Filtered by hair type : Straight
RIMMEL Silky Loose Face Powder
Silky Loose Face PowderSilky Loose Face Powder

4.2

TALC, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, SERICA/SILK POWDER/POUDRE DE SOIE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BHT. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/ /-: MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)].

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I may be the only one, but I don't really like this product. I have used it on and off for about three months now, and I everytime I use it, I regret it. I think I keep going back to it because I sooo want this product to work. The problem is that it sits funny on my skin. I don't know how to explain it, but my skin looks "grainy" and uneven. It kind of ruins the work of my foundation. Also, it doesn't make my foundation last any longer on my skin.
So I am still on the search for a finishing powder that sets the foundation but still lets the foundation "shine through". If anybody can recommend a powder, please let me know :)

Oh I almost forgot - and for what it's worth - I really like the packaging of this powder!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a really good Loose face powder, I've already bought a backup of this! This controls your oil and leaves a semi matte/dewy finish. It is absolutely amazing. I used the ELFs HD Powder from the Studio line and the Rimmel Londons one is way better. I find that the Elf one doesn't really do that of a good job of controlling my oily T-zone. My HG face powder and wont use anything else =) LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

on 3/9/2011 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Great product! I wasn't expecting much but this product delivered! The powder is quite finely milled, transparent, non-glittery & looks very natural. Non-drying, didn't break me out or make me look greasy. Keeps my foundation on longer, doesn't crease or settle into fine lines. Feels sooo smooth, not chalky at all. Like other reviewers, I don't use the puff that came with it, it's pretty useless. I use a large powder brush. Will definitely re-purchase.

on 11/25/2010 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product, i use it everyday to set my liquid foundation and it is a dream, it sets my foundation and makes it last almost all day and gives a matte and silky texture to the skin. I have oily acne prone skin and ive tried setting my foundation with macs blot powder and other powder foundations, however they tend to just slide off and do nothing to help my foundation last longer. Although blotting with oil absorbing papers is necessary on my tzone area, considering my oily skin, elsewhere the foundation is full proof. definetely recommend.

on 8/31/2010 5:32:00 PM

I love this powder!
Mattifies my oily patches, gives my skin a very natural look, sets my makeup and feels awesome on my face.
The reason why I can only award four stars is that I do have to touch up after a few hours - but then, the powder that I don't need to touch up probably doesn't exist yet.
Also very affordable, and it lasts forever.

Don't understand people talking about sparkles. Just be careful to use it quite sparingly, otherwise it can look a bit white-ish.