RIMMEL Silky Loose Face Powder

Filtered by skin type : Normal
RIMMEL Silky Loose Face Powder
Silky Loose Face PowderSilky Loose Face Powder

3.7

TALC, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, SERICA/SILK POWDER/POUDRE DE SOIE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BHT. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/ /-: MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)].

on 10/28/2012 6:51:00 PM

I really love this powder! You can't tell when I'm wearing it. When I had oily skin, it took off ALL my shine, making my skin look flawless. It doesn't settle into fine lines, and it really does leave the skin looking silky. However, since I've been using Clinique's 3-step system, my skin is no longer oily, so I don't need this powder as much.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I may be the only one, but I don't really like this product. I have used it on and off for about three months now, and I everytime I use it, I regret it. I think I keep going back to it because I sooo want this product to work. The problem is that it sits funny on my skin. I don't know how to explain it, but my skin looks "grainy" and uneven. It kind of ruins the work of my foundation. Also, it doesn't make my foundation last any longer on my skin.
So I am still on the search for a finishing powder that sets the foundation but still lets the foundation "shine through". If anybody can recommend a powder, please let me know :)

Oh I almost forgot - and for what it's worth - I really like the packaging of this powder!

on 7/20/2010 2:03:00 PM

I love this powder! It's almost undetectable, it's translucent (for those who have skin problems it may be a problem because it doesn't offer good coverage).
It has a very light texture and the shade 001 matches my light skin tone. I like that my face feels and looks light-weight when I use it.
I don't use it on a daily basis, because my skin isn't so oily, but it's great in the summer for my T-zone.
You can use a brush or the sponge that came with it to apply, and you don't need to worry if you carry it in your purse, it's not compact, so you can't break it apart like others.