RIMMEL Silky Loose Face Powder

Filtered by age: 25-29
RIMMEL Silky Loose Face Powder
Silky Loose Face PowderSilky Loose Face Powder

4.4

TALC, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, SERICA/SILK POWDER/POUDRE DE SOIE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BHT. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/ /-: MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)].

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I may be the only one, but I don't really like this product. I have used it on and off for about three months now, and I everytime I use it, I regret it. I think I keep going back to it because I sooo want this product to work. The problem is that it sits funny on my skin. I don't know how to explain it, but my skin looks "grainy" and uneven. It kind of ruins the work of my foundation. Also, it doesn't make my foundation last any longer on my skin.
So I am still on the search for a finishing powder that sets the foundation but still lets the foundation "shine through". If anybody can recommend a powder, please let me know :)

Oh I almost forgot - and for what it's worth - I really like the packaging of this powder!

on 9/1/2015 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like this powder. I was looking for a translucent setting powder and a couple I tested in store had really fine glittery parts to them, this one didn't. I was using a pressed powder but I felt it was too drying and would emphasize all my lines and break up my foundation during the day. This is really good even for setting my under eye area, and my skin does feel quite silky after I've applied this. Doesn't make me go darker at all, it is truly translucent on my skin. Very impressed and will repurchase.

on 9/25/2010 3:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Loving this powder - I bought it a couple of days ago on special for $AU16.83. To think I was on the brink of shelling out $50 for a Shiseido loose powder. This does an amazing job of setting concealer under the eyes, even with my current crease-prone concealer. The powder looks coloured in the jar but goes on translucent (though I have fair skin - might be a bit light for darker skins).

I don't use the stiff little "puff" that came with it; I use my Ecotools retractable kabuki instead.

Will definitely buy again.

on 7/20/2010 2:03:00 PM

I love this powder! It's almost undetectable, it's translucent (for those who have skin problems it may be a problem because it doesn't offer good coverage).
It has a very light texture and the shade 001 matches my light skin tone. I like that my face feels and looks light-weight when I use it.
I don't use it on a daily basis, because my skin isn't so oily, but it's great in the summer for my T-zone.
You can use a brush or the sponge that came with it to apply, and you don't need to worry if you carry it in your purse, it's not compact, so you can't break it apart like others.

on 2/4/2004 7:06:00 PM

I have Rimmel's Silky Loose Face Powder in shade 001 - Translucent. It's a great powder that has a very fine texture and it melts easily into your skin - a very nice finish to your makeup. The packaging is a stylish round, black tub with a white puff that's very good. Reasonably priced. A really nice product that I certainly recommend.