RIMMEL Silky Loose Face Powder

RIMMEL Silky Loose Face Powder
Silky Loose Face PowderSilky Loose Face Powder

4.1

TALC, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, SERICA/SILK POWDER/POUDRE DE SOIE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BHT. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/ /-: MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)].

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I may be the only one, but I don't really like this product. I have used it on and off for about three months now, and I everytime I use it, I regret it. I think I keep going back to it because I sooo want this product to work. The problem is that it sits funny on my skin. I don't know how to explain it, but my skin looks "grainy" and uneven. It kind of ruins the work of my foundation. Also, it doesn't make my foundation last any longer on my skin.
So I am still on the search for a finishing powder that sets the foundation but still lets the foundation "shine through". If anybody can recommend a powder, please let me know :)

Oh I almost forgot - and for what it's worth - I really like the packaging of this powder!

on 6/29/2014 8:58:00 AM

I brought this product in the translucent shade, I am very disappointed as this is not like other tanslucent powders that I have used in the past. It has a slightly dark pigament to it that changes the colour of my face which is not what I wanted. I would not buy this product again. The packaging however is nice for the price and it smell pleasant and if it didn thave the colouration does leave a nice finish on the skin not dulling the foundation.

on 12/17/2007 8:30:00 PM

Not that sure about this product, chose it as the packaging is really cute, its a little small pot, looks quite expensive.
But think I prefer my cornsilk powder to this. Seems bit more shimmery and gives my skin a more flawless look.

on 3/13/2006 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's very light and no one can tell at all that you're wearing loose powder. Fills in all those little shiny patches well. But I wish it was a bit less sparkly! The problem with sparkles is that it highlights your pores (and mine aren't good to begin with). Overall it is a good product though! I was actually going to buy Loreal translucide powder but that was sooo shimmery and cost 10$ Aus more! So this one is cheaper and better :) And even though it LOOKS really light, don't worry cos it really is 'translucent'.

on 5/22/2014 11:02:00 AM

Pros: - good price - sets any product - long lasting - oil controlling Cons: - reflects in flash photography - hard to use packaging - not suitable for brush application (use puff included) I used to absolutely hate powders because of their finish, and now I changed my mind completely. It gives a perfect matte finish and sets even my weakest face products, making them last. When applied with a brush it will make your pores obvious! Best way to apply is to take the puff, pour a bit of product in the center, bend the puff in half to distribute the product, and use it in soft pressing motions. The 001 Transparent shade is good on my light-medium olive toned skin, it's very brightening because of the ever so slight pinkish tone.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I got this on sale for $4 at Safeway, This was amazing on my skin and lasted all day and gave my skin a nice silky soft finish. This was so good that I brought a backup for this product for when I do run out.

on 12/10/2012 5:08:00 PM

I quite like this product, but somehow I don't. The packaging is fine, the price is fine, but the product itself doesn't really work for me. It makes me look cakey, and it doesn't keep me matte all day, which is a must for me. I will use this one up, but my skin is simply too shiny for this!

on 11/16/2012 4:11:00 PM

My shade: 001 Transparent

Pros:
Great for very pale people.
Good amount of product for low price.
Applies amazingly with a fluffy brush.
Doesn't set in fine lines.

Cons: Sometimes difficult to get all the product from the tub.

on 10/28/2012 6:51:00 PM

I really love this powder! You can't tell when I'm wearing it. When I had oily skin, it took off ALL my shine, making my skin look flawless. It doesn't settle into fine lines, and it really does leave the skin looking silky. However, since I've been using Clinique's 3-step system, my skin is no longer oily, so I don't need this powder as much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other

I love this product, it sets my liquid foundation perfectly, and masks out any streaks. It's a little costly, but worth it for the work it does. My skin looks matte, but glowy afterwards, so it doesn't dull out the skin

Also, I have spot prone skin, and I find this doesn't clog up the pores