RIMMEL Silky Loose Face Powder

RIMMEL Silky Loose Face Powder
Silky Loose Face PowderSilky Loose Face Powder

4.1

TALC, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, SERICA/SILK POWDER/POUDRE DE SOIE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BHT. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/ /-: MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)].

on 1/6/2010 10:48:00 AM

I used this for about year as a setting powder for my EL Double Wear foundation. My T-zone is very oily so I need something to keep the shine at bay and give a smooth finish to my skin.

This powder does a decent job at all this. I usually have oil breaking through withing an hour but with this I only needed to retouch after 4-5 hours, which is pretty awesome for me.
I also like that it's transparent so it doesn't alter the colour of my foundation and doesn't look cakey.
It does tend to give a white cast if you apply too much though. I use quite a lot but I make sure I buff it into my skin with a large kabuki and it's fine then. Alternatively this would be very good to lighten a foundation that's too dark!

What I don't like about this is that it contains shimmer. The shimmer is sadly a bit chunky and it does emphasize pores a bit. My face also shows up ghost white in photos where I'm wearing this, must be either because of the shimmer or titanium dioxide.
I also don't like that there is no ingredients list of this to be found anywhere online, and there is also none on the product itself.

Overall this is a nice setting powder. It imparts a pretty satin finish and controls oil better than any drugstore loose powder I've tried. Doesn't cake, doesn't oxidize. I've repurchased like 4 times but I'm on the lookout for something more finely milled now.

on 5/22/2014 11:02:00 AM

Pros: - good price - sets any product - long lasting - oil controlling Cons: - reflects in flash photography - hard to use packaging - not suitable for brush application (use puff included) I used to absolutely hate powders because of their finish, and now I changed my mind completely. It gives a perfect matte finish and sets even my weakest face products, making them last. When applied with a brush it will make your pores obvious! Best way to apply is to take the puff, pour a bit of product in the center, bend the puff in half to distribute the product, and use it in soft pressing motions. The 001 Transparent shade is good on my light-medium olive toned skin, it's very brightening because of the ever so slight pinkish tone.

on 3/13/2006 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's very light and no one can tell at all that you're wearing loose powder. Fills in all those little shiny patches well. But I wish it was a bit less sparkly! The problem with sparkles is that it highlights your pores (and mine aren't good to begin with). Overall it is a good product though! I was actually going to buy Loreal translucide powder but that was sooo shimmery and cost 10$ Aus more! So this one is cheaper and better :) And even though it LOOKS really light, don't worry cos it really is 'translucent'.

on 2/4/2004 7:06:00 PM

I have Rimmel's Silky Loose Face Powder in shade 001 - Translucent. It's a great powder that has a very fine texture and it melts easily into your skin - a very nice finish to your makeup. The packaging is a stylish round, black tub with a white puff that's very good. Reasonably priced. A really nice product that I certainly recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I may be the only one, but I don't really like this product. I have used it on and off for about three months now, and I everytime I use it, I regret it. I think I keep going back to it because I sooo want this product to work. The problem is that it sits funny on my skin. I don't know how to explain it, but my skin looks "grainy" and uneven. It kind of ruins the work of my foundation. Also, it doesn't make my foundation last any longer on my skin.
So I am still on the search for a finishing powder that sets the foundation but still lets the foundation "shine through". If anybody can recommend a powder, please let me know :)

Oh I almost forgot - and for what it's worth - I really like the packaging of this powder!

on 9/25/2010 3:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Loving this powder - I bought it a couple of days ago on special for $AU16.83. To think I was on the brink of shelling out $50 for a Shiseido loose powder. This does an amazing job of setting concealer under the eyes, even with my current crease-prone concealer. The powder looks coloured in the jar but goes on translucent (though I have fair skin - might be a bit light for darker skins).

I don't use the stiff little "puff" that came with it; I use my Ecotools retractable kabuki instead.

Will definitely buy again.

on 12/1/2008 12:33:00 PM

This has been my go to powder for years, and I can't say anything bad about it.
My skin is very sensitive but this never breaks it out - unlike MUFE HD powder did.
It covers flawlessly - it doesn't look cakey at all. I apply it using a big face and body brush from the body shop.
It mattifies my skin but looks natural.

I highly recommend this powder - it lasts a good few hours before needing a touch up, or blot.

on 1/16/2018 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this product. I bought it this morning and "baked" my face with it, I honestly didn't expect it to work this good! The areas I applied it to felt really silky and smooth. It matted my face perfectly and set the foundation and concealer really good. It didn't transfer on my fingers when I touched my face, which was the most important thing I looked for in powder, because I used to hate it when my friends touched my face randomly and would move my make-up or take it off; this powder kept it in place for so long and also the feeling wasn't sticky and tacky like it usually is with make-up. I also applied it on my eyelids before putting eyeshadow on-my eyelids didn't get creasy all day long and the colors lasted for wayyy too long than normal! It also kept my oils in really good; I got shiny after 7-8 hours after wearing it and it wasn't even that noticable, considering that I was struggling with really shiny and oily T-zone. It's been 11 hours now without re-touching my make-up and it's really as the same as I applied it in the morning! I love this and I don't think I'll be using another loose powder than this one. Amazing job for its price and great packaging!

on 9/1/2015 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like this powder. I was looking for a translucent setting powder and a couple I tested in store had really fine glittery parts to them, this one didn't. I was using a pressed powder but I felt it was too drying and would emphasize all my lines and break up my foundation during the day. This is really good even for setting my under eye area, and my skin does feel quite silky after I've applied this. Doesn't make me go darker at all, it is truly translucent on my skin. Very impressed and will repurchase.

on 6/29/2014 8:58:00 AM

I brought this product in the translucent shade, I am very disappointed as this is not like other tanslucent powders that I have used in the past. It has a slightly dark pigament to it that changes the colour of my face which is not what I wanted. I would not buy this product again. The packaging however is nice for the price and it smell pleasant and if it didn thave the colouration does leave a nice finish on the skin not dulling the foundation.