RIMMEL Silky Loose Face Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24
RIMMEL Silky Loose Face Powder
Silky Loose Face PowderSilky Loose Face Powder

4.2

TALC, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, SERICA/SILK POWDER/POUDRE DE SOIE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BHT. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/ /-: MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)].

on 5/22/2014 11:02:00 AM

Pros: - good price - sets any product - long lasting - oil controlling Cons: - reflects in flash photography - hard to use packaging - not suitable for brush application (use puff included) I used to absolutely hate powders because of their finish, and now I changed my mind completely. It gives a perfect matte finish and sets even my weakest face products, making them last. When applied with a brush it will make your pores obvious! Best way to apply is to take the puff, pour a bit of product in the center, bend the puff in half to distribute the product, and use it in soft pressing motions. The 001 Transparent shade is good on my light-medium olive toned skin, it's very brightening because of the ever so slight pinkish tone.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a really good Loose face powder, I've already bought a backup of this! This controls your oil and leaves a semi matte/dewy finish. It is absolutely amazing. I used the ELFs HD Powder from the Studio line and the Rimmel Londons one is way better. I find that the Elf one doesn't really do that of a good job of controlling my oily T-zone. My HG face powder and wont use anything else =) LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

on 11/25/2010 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product, i use it everyday to set my liquid foundation and it is a dream, it sets my foundation and makes it last almost all day and gives a matte and silky texture to the skin. I have oily acne prone skin and ive tried setting my foundation with macs blot powder and other powder foundations, however they tend to just slide off and do nothing to help my foundation last longer. Although blotting with oil absorbing papers is necessary on my tzone area, considering my oily skin, elsewhere the foundation is full proof. definetely recommend.

on 8/31/2010 5:32:00 PM

I love this powder!
Mattifies my oily patches, gives my skin a very natural look, sets my makeup and feels awesome on my face.
The reason why I can only award four stars is that I do have to touch up after a few hours - but then, the powder that I don't need to touch up probably doesn't exist yet.
Also very affordable, and it lasts forever.

Don't understand people talking about sparkles. Just be careful to use it quite sparingly, otherwise it can look a bit white-ish.

on 1/6/2010 10:48:00 AM

I used this for about year as a setting powder for my EL Double Wear foundation. My T-zone is very oily so I need something to keep the shine at bay and give a smooth finish to my skin.

This powder does a decent job at all this. I usually have oil breaking through withing an hour but with this I only needed to retouch after 4-5 hours, which is pretty awesome for me.
I also like that it's transparent so it doesn't alter the colour of my foundation and doesn't look cakey.
It does tend to give a white cast if you apply too much though. I use quite a lot but I make sure I buff it into my skin with a large kabuki and it's fine then. Alternatively this would be very good to lighten a foundation that's too dark!

What I don't like about this is that it contains shimmer. The shimmer is sadly a bit chunky and it does emphasize pores a bit. My face also shows up ghost white in photos where I'm wearing this, must be either because of the shimmer or titanium dioxide.
I also don't like that there is no ingredients list of this to be found anywhere online, and there is also none on the product itself.

Overall this is a nice setting powder. It imparts a pretty satin finish and controls oil better than any drugstore loose powder I've tried. Doesn't cake, doesn't oxidize. I've repurchased like 4 times but I'm on the lookout for something more finely milled now.

on 12/17/2007 8:30:00 PM

Not that sure about this product, chose it as the packaging is really cute, its a little small pot, looks quite expensive.
But think I prefer my cornsilk powder to this. Seems bit more shimmery and gives my skin a more flawless look.