MAC Cosmetics 194 concealer brush [DISCONTINUED]

MAC Cosmetics 194 concealer brush [DISCONTINUED]
194 concealer brush [DISCONTINUED]

on 2/26/2013 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is too small for concealer, I haven't figured out a genious way to use this, other than patting on eyeshadow in the inner corners and highlighting under my brow, but it's not perfect for that at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't actually use this to apply concealer, but its perfect for cleaning up makeup around my eyes and nose. I've had it for years and wash it regulary, it doesn't shed but its frayed slightly.

on 12/18/2011 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Bad. Just bad. Waste of money. You cannot, and should not apply concealer with this product on your undereye area. You will damage it. The brush is stiff, spiky, and pokes the area of skin you apply it on. It hurts, i'm honest. I then tried using this for spot concealing. But now, i don't have spots to cover. So i tried using this as a lip brush. It still pokes the lip area, but hey atleast i've found a use for it. Though i have to admit, i use this to apply lip color about once in a blue moon.

on 9/22/2011 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

When i bough concealer at the MAC counter the assistant gave me brush 217 to apply concealer with. I tried this but found that the concealer under my eye would be to cakey. Then i bought a mac brush set and got the 194 brush with it. I love it. It really works for me and easy to blend. Concealer would always become cakey but with this brush it does the job well. I love it.

on 4/1/2011 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like it.
I bought it both for under eyes and to cover spots. Actually, it looks more natural if I keep covering spots using my fingertips but this brush is GREAT for undereyes.
My undereyes' skin is very sensitve and feels dry and red easily. This brush is very soft and makes concealer look very natural, something that would not happen before... It looked too cakey when I used fingertips (maybe I was applying too much and with the brush I control the amount and blend it better).

Possibly my favourite brush so it surprised me that it took this long to review it. Prior to this I used the Benefit concealer brush, which in comparison just seemed utterly useless. The flat sides are perfect for concealing larger areas of blemishes and concealing the undereye, I donít technically need to go in with my finger to blend because this brush does such a great job, it doesnít lift the concealer back up and re-absorb concealer leaving sharp edges; it just blends beautifully. The tapered edge is perfect for precision work, I use this to conceal my moles which are pretty small and I can cover them with no trouble Ė itís such a comfortable brush to use; soft enough for comfort but firm enough to get the job done. Before I used to blame my concealers for not doing exactly what I wanted them to do; not blending well and giving me the desired coverage, but I now realise that was the fault of the brush I was using. I never realised what a difference a brush made, least of all a concealer brush but this is truly HG and I would recommend people check this out especially if you have problems concealing moles (I use Mac Studio sculpt concealer for moles).

N.B. I conceal moles only when Iím trying to achieve a blank canvas for some of my more daring looks so that all attention is on all the effort Iíve put into the makeup Ė not because I have an issue with my moles.

As I have gotten older I have found that my usual under eye concealer routine of applying product underneath my entire eye just wasn't doing me any favours anymore. Wearing concealer under my whole eye seemed to age me as the product settled into fine lines and expression lines. After doing some trial and error I started wearing concealer only where I really needed it, which is the inner eye corner radiating down towards my cheek/nose. I have found this brush to be an item I use every day for applying concealer exactly where I want it, then gently use my finger to pat the product in. I have owned this brush for over a year and it still performs like brand new, retained it's shape, and has never shed. This brush has had a positive impact on my make-up routine and I couldn't imagine doing my make-up without it.

I generally like this brush but not for its intended purpose i tend to use it after a paint pot to put a sweep of colour of the eyelid or pack on a colour as i found it worked better for me that way. As a concealer brush? flipping useless! But i was lacking a good brush for precise lid application and that fills that duty so money not too wasted bonus!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

As usual another great brush from MAC! I love this for concealer, it is very soft and gets into hard to reach areas. I also use it for foundation, it works just as well. I just love it, it helps you use less concealer and foundation. MAC brushes are worth buying, if you take care of them you will never need to buy them again.

on 11/28/2010 12:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my new favorite brush. For a person with Deep Undereye Circles - it is a miracle worker. Because the bristles area are thinner and a bit longer than any other concealer brush - you can get into these hard-to-reach areas.
*********
1] Apply foundation to face if necessary. Blot with tissue.
2] Using heavy duty concealer 1 shade Lighter than that, apply to back of
hand and taking a little on brush - apply it only along the deepest
part of the undereye circle and including inner eye area.
3] This will only cover a thinner area and not the entire dark area.
4] Now pat with your small pinkie finger gently - not smoothing - just
tapping it in. This very action will serve to spread the concealer
upwards to the undereye area as well as the deeper 'tunnel' area.
Repeat if necessary.
5] Powder whole face or just eye area with Fine Milled powder using a fluffy
brush.
**********
This brush helps cover blemishes and dark spots too. For concealer I use Laura Geller Real Deal Concealer in 'Light' and for reference my skin is NC25. But MAC Studio Finish is good too - I would use NC20 in that. Because I have yellow undertones, and NW20 looked too pink on me and somehow too dark also.
**********
I hope this helps you, I know it's a different approach than just covering normal darkness and spots. I guess for those, you'd need a larger brush head and a foundation-matching concealer.