Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser [DISCONTINUED]

Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Cetyl Ricinoleate(Chamomile (chamomilla recutita) extract), Isohexadecane, TEA Cocoyl Glutamate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG 20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Bisabolol(anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory), Chamomile Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate(vitamin E), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate(licorice root extract), Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, BHT, Geranium, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben 5/29/09

on 11/25/2016 6:30:00 AM

Reformulated in Australia, discontinued elsewhere. Whyyyyyy???

Cheap and good. Doesn't irritate my rosacea skin! And also didn't dry my skin out.

on 3/17/2016 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really liked this remover and used it to remove mascara. Within a few hours after using it I suddenly had red itchy welts under my eyes. I went to the doctor who told me to use 1% cortisone cream and take an antihistamine. I talked to the cosmetician who told me this is not meant for the thin skin around the eyes. It is not formulated for eye makeup removal. It's true it doesn't say that, but it doesn't say to avoid the area around the eyes. Anyway I thought I should post this warning that it's not for eye makeup removal. She sold me another product by Vichy that is supposed to be safe. Of course I won't be wearing any makeup for a while until this heals but I'll review the Vichy when I use it.

on 2/23/2016 2:58:00 PM

This is a gentle, creamy cleanser for sensitive, dry skin that isn't stripping and doesn't break me out. It doesn't leave any greasy residue. It's not really that great at cleansing though - even if I'm not wearing makeup, there's a bit too much gunk left on my toner pad after using this if my skin is genuinely dirty. Best for use in the morning.

on 12/4/2015 12:58:00 AM

One of Neutrogena's standout cleansers but unfortunately discontinued! I checked with the Neutrogena team and this product is no longer being manufactured. It's been replaced with the newer ultra gentle versions which are crappy. I really can't understand what's wrong with these companies. Why take out a product that millions love and replace it with an inferior one?

on 7/18/2015 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have normal to dry, sensitive cheeks that generally dictate which products I can or can not use on my face. Granted, this cleanser didn't make my cheeks burn, but it also didn't do much of anything else for my oily, acne-prone T-zone. If you have extremely sensitive skin, I would give this a shot. For me, it had no positive or negative effect, much like Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser, and I would spend my money elsewhere next time.

on 2/24/2015 9:20:00 AM

I have been looking for a cleanser to replace my favorite discontinued st. Ives cleanser. This is not it! I have never had more issues with my skin! Buying something else tonight, and I can't wait to toss this in the trash.

on 2/7/2015 1:29:00 AM

This cleanser to me feels very similar to Cetapils cleanser. It's the milky lotion type of cleanser thats more suitable for dry sensitive skin. In the winter my combination skin becomes drier and more sensitive so would require a more gentle fash wash, and this cleaner comes higly recommended. I am curently using retin a for acne and would also recommend this cleanser if you are also undergoing some kind of acne treatment, because the harsh products we use for acne should be balanced with a more gentle cleanser to prevent further irritation. I personally dont wear much makeup but for those who do, it would be a good idea to completely remove your makeup before using this cleanser. In addition to using this in the morning and night, I also exfoliate my skin once or twice a week using the Olay pro cleanser along with the brush system to remove dead skin and to help it better absorb serum, cream, etc.

on 1/16/2015 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this today and have only used it once. I was a bit skeptical to buy it because of the mixed reviews here on MakeupAlley but decided to go for it. I used it just before getting out of the shower- it lathered up nicely and smelled clean and fresh, but not strong or overwhelming at all. My face felt clean. I have pretty oily skin on my face (but very dry everywhere else) and this cleanser was not greasy or oily at all. I also have pretty sensitive skin and I dread trying new products for fear of breaking out in a rash or breakout, but neither things happened. Overall, very impressed!

on 1/15/2015 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The name is true to its word, it is indeed extra gentle. It does not foam and it has the texture of a moisturiser and feels like you are applying a moisturiser on your face. It makes me feel like I am not getting a real good clean but that's why I rub it in real good to make sure it does. It rinses off very well so it doesn't leave a residue. After I cleanse i generally choose whether or not I want to moisturise, I can actually go without because this cleanser doesn't leave my skin feeling stiff/dry like most cleansers, instead it makes my skin feel supple and soft.