Cover Girl Professional Mascara

Price: $

Mascara

on 6/29/2016 11:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is the mascara I started with. It was good then.... mostly because I hadn't tried anything else. Now that I have, however, I can see that it's just average. It's not really good or bad. It's a mascara that's kind of just there but doesn't do much

on 5/16/2016 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I used to wear this in the early 1990s and probably the 1980s too, and even then it was mediocre, but there were a lot fewer brands to choose from and I lived with it. It's always been strongly hyped and continues to be sold, and I never understood it. Once they invented Lash Blast there was no reason for this anymore but it's still there. I thought I'd try the current version and see if it was any better, but it's not. I realize it works for a lot of people but on me it is dry and does almost nothing but give some length and no volume. I got this and some others because the drug store had a huge sale. I can't imagine I will use this or ever buy it again.

To Read all 389 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this in the 3 in 1 formulation, black-brown. It has a slightly curved bristle brush, which I adore. Builds decent volume with 2 coats, but nothing outrageous, and only lengthens a little. Doesn't really hold a curl, but my lashes seem to drop curl anyway. I like the waxy and soft finish this gives, and it is a very natural and not super dramatic look ( esp. In black brown).

My only downside is that if your eyes water at all ( like, chopping onions), this will liquefy and get into your eyes and my god, does it ever burn. So bad.

For the $6 this cost, I would rebuy. This isn't a miracle worker mascara, but I like enough about it that I'll keep a tube on hand. I'll try black next time.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- no flaking/smudging
- no clumping

CONS

- does nothing

COMMENTS: No. Just no. This does nothing for my lashes to the point it's like putting nothing at all. I can't even see my lashes with this if I'm wearing eyeshadow. It's SO natural that there's no point in even using this. I wanted to love it considering how popular this seems to be on the board, but no. Definitely no.

Will not repurchase.

I remember Cheryl Tiegs doing a commercial for this back in the day.Back when Noxell used to own the brand before P&G bought it.
The formula has changed over the years. I like the original version much better.
This isn't a bad mascara. Just ordinary. It doesn't significantly lengthen or thicken but it is a good basic mascara at a fairly cheap price.

on 2/27/2016 8:31:00 AM

I love Diorshow best but can't afford it. So I keep trying drugstore brand mascaras. This is the best of the cheap ones by far, and actually one of the cheapest. I got it in Very Black. Mine has a straight brush which tapers at the tip, which I prefer. It goes on well with one coat, my lashes look natural but darker and a little longer, no clumps yay, and best of all it mostly washes off with soap and water. That's a big factor for me. The one thing that is very unique about this non-waterproof mascara is that there must be more wax in its formula because when I accidentally sleep in it, it's completely intact in the morning- no undereye smudges. I could probably get away with going out without washing and re-applying, if I really had to. So, so far this is the best of the drugstore brands, but I plan to continue trying others.

First off I HATE the new trend in mascara brushes...the whole plastic bristle thing gets a two thumbs down from me. So when I start looking for a mascara I use a two step process. Step one..Look for mascaras. Step two...crouch down to find the old school mascaras. The closer to the floor the better for me. This mascara was something new for me because of the curved brush. That is something I usually don't go for. But I like this. I usually use the covergirl super thick professional mascara (in the pink tube) so this wasn't enough at first but with a second coat it rocked. I also felt like it separated my lashes better then the pink one. One top of it all these mascaras are cheaper then those newer crappier ones :)

on 9/27/2015 8:27:00 AM

At first, I didn't get enough volume but then I figured out that this works best if you apply the second coat after the first one is dry. I was making the mistake of trying to pile it on too much in one session. It is very black, easy to remove and doesn't feel stiff. Nice curvy wand and cheap price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My favorite mascara! Has a very nice, light formula that's easy to build up with. It creates natural looking long lashes and is overall a great everyday mascara. It doesn't smudge or flake. The brush is fantastic, its curved very nicely and it makes it easy to get every lash.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought the new 3 in 1 so not sure if I'm in the exact right area, however, I think it may just be the newer version as there weren't any other of the older type tubes available at the Walmart or Targets I went to. This one is all circular (the top). Anyhow, this mascara was only about $5 & change & just fantastic! It thickens my lashes, keeps them curled, is light weight & packs on soooo much thickness, not sure about length as my lashes are already long (tho thin) so this is certainly what I need. One coat for a natural look, but 2coats & I get thickness. Only reason I take a lippie off is b/c of the toxic smell & fact that I know it will only last a few wks, maybe a month at most. Oh, & the "Very Black" is not that deep a black. I love the simple wand, packaging & fact it clicks to show it's truly shut. For only a few dollars @ Walmart (in Canada) it's worth a try.