3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

I love this mascara in brown black. It's like my lashes but better. Darkens wonderfully without being harsh against my pale skin, lengthens a little, and best of all - makes me look like I have a million lashes. It's very good at separating your lashes and looks very natural. If you like coarser thicker looking lashes this is not for you, but if you want to look like you have more of them, this is great.

About reviewer (106 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

a year ago

NEWEST EDIT: Allllllllmost. This ended up flaking. If you're willing to bin your mascara after 3 weeks, then go ahead but, after that, the formula gets a bit dodgy. Good in a pinch, I'd say. EDIT: I'm still over the moon about this. Fantastic quality. Cheap as chips. And now (drum roll) cruelty free! YES, YES, YES. In a nutshell: this is what I would term a "Dainty Mascara"--a mascara for adding tint and definition for daytime without clumps and fibres and fallout. A mascara that allows ladies of a certain age to dip their toes in the Bare-Eye-and-Stained-Lip trend without resorting to the bald minimalism of clear mascara. Having left the UK, I was pining for Boots Natural Collection brown-black mascara but I have found a decent dupe in this. Is it glamorous? No. And, yes, the tube is utilitarian, but I'm sort of into that (I loathe the OTT stylings of, say Anna Sui's or BeneFit's packaging and marketing). I've tried mascaras all across the price spectrum and this gets the gold star.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

a year ago

It has never done much basically it just tints your lashes darker and barely builds no matter what- which is fine as it does give a clean barely there look- except it also irritates my eyes.

About reviewer (95 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

a year ago

I love how long it makes my lashes!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

gives me crazy long lashes. it is amazing. plus my lashes stay flexible, LOVEEE it

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Medium

HairBrown

2 years ago

I love this mascara. It seperates well and dries fast

About reviewer (121 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I like a good basic mascara that darkens my lashes and gives them a tiny bit of length and volume without too much clumping. This one served me for years. But I've decided to go cruelty-free, and cover girl tests on animals. I plan to try the Wet n Wild mega wear mascara. I figure why pay a lot for a mascara when you're supposed to toss it in a few months anyway.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

3 years ago

For the price, you really cannot ask for much more. Lengthens and thickens and builds really well. Not the glossiest of black, but still looks pretty.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Oh man this mascara has a soft spot in my heart. I remember always having this in my makeup bag during school along with my old cover girl lipsticks. I bought it again recently for nostalgia and I have to say it's just...eh. I love the simple old school packaging. It makes me smile a little to see it though .

About reviewer (184 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBlack

4 years ago

This is the mascara I started with. It was good then.... mostly because I hadn't tried anything else. Now that I have, however, I can see that it's just average. It's not really good or bad. It's a mascara that's kind of just there but doesn't do much

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age19-24