Maybelline Expert Eyeshadow - Hushed Tints

Maybelline Expert Eyeshadow - Hushed Tints

3.1

I loved these 6 pan palettes, and still have an unopened backup in "Hushed Tints", because I love having so many colors in such a compact palette. This palette has a nice mix of neutrals and cools, and I use the dark brown to fill in my brows, and it works great for that. The purple is a lovely warm plum, and very wearable, and the blue and green are more so highlight shades with a tint (which I prefer). These may not be the most pigmented shadows around, but they have enough color payoff for me, and can be applied wet for deeper color. I wish these were still available!

These shadows are a complete waste of money. Thankfully it is only around 8 bucks but I am rarely let down by Maybelline. None of these colors look even close to their shade in the pan on my eyes. It looks like a good idea because of the variety of shades but the pigmentation is complete crap and they feel chalky and cheap. You can definitely get better drug store eyeshadows - Wet 'n' Wild and L'oreal Infallibles are both much better.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i really love this paltte- it has lasted me around 2 years! Great pigmentation, and extremely versatile. the only thing i do not like is that all the shades are very shimmery, with the exeption of the dark brown.

Ugh. Mixed feelings about this. First real eyeshadow ever, and I was dissapointed. The brown is alright, more leaning on the reddish-brown side, (NOT FLATTERING) and the beige kinda color is very chalky but I can work with it. The white isn't bad, very stark and shimmery, and the purple is ok. The other colors are horrible. Chalky, unpigmented, ugly in general. Waste of 8 dollars. Want good quality drugstore shadows? Try Wet 'n' Wild. Their new formulas are buttery smooth and beautiful.

i like how it includes two flat shade brushes & they're wonderful quality considering that most eyeshadow brushes i get from drugstore eyeshadow palettes end up breaking on me. the colors for the most part aren't very pigmented. it's a good dupe for the almay trio for hazel eyes that has the pink, tan, & brown shadows. i purchased this palette for around $7.50, which is a great deal considering the amount of colors you get & the quality. the purple color is shimmery but isn't very pigmented, i've found it kind of hard to include in looks. you may want to use a primer or just pack on the color to get it to look pigmented. but it doesn't crease. for the most part though, all of the colors are shimmery.

on 1/30/2011 11:55:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Like most people reviewing this product, it was my first ever eyeshadow. And i know this is not perfect for more experienced mac lovers or anything because it is not highly pigmented and theyre are certainly better eyeshadows out there but I for one adore it.
Purple: Shimmery, pretty and possiby the most pigmented color it is lovely and wearable.
Copper: Beautiful brownish gold color not as much shimmer as the rest but very vearable for an everydayneutral eye
Blue: Probably least pigmented but for some reason one of my favorites. Very baby ue blendable color with a touch of shimmer.
Pink: Not very pigmented but verygorgeous baby pink
White: lovee! its actually almost gone since i use it almost evryday in the inner corner of my eye its a little sparkly and not too bright white so it looks like a very natural eye opener
Green: Refer to pink and blue
Tan: Easy to make a nuetral eye with
Brown: Highly pigmented (maybe just becasue its dark but very pretty (: )

on 8/18/2010 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I HATE this eyeshadow. It was my first so I didn't know any different. The colors are nice, but have NO pigmentation, NO lasting power, and crease. The blue is especially un-pigmented. Same with the dark brown. I really would not recommend this. In addition, the packaging is really ugly!

on 5/11/2009 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i was a bit disappointing with the reviews on this. however i do understand where they are coming from. i like this product, i think the colors are really pretty, i especially like the copper brown, blue, green, purple, and brown. hmmm, that's like all the colors! the white i am not so crazy about! it is very chalky, but still okay to use. the pink also does not show up. overall it is a nice product!

on 2/25/2009 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

This has to be the worst eyeshadow set EVER, a couple of years ago my mom brought me this when she went to the States, and I liked it, pretty soft colors in the pan, this is nice I thought, but oh, this thing have absolutely no pigmentation, to get any trace of color you have to really pack the color on your lid and when you do that one of this two things will happen, you´ll end up with a colorless chalky mess on your lid or a lot of glitter/shimmer and absolutely no color, seriously I don´t know how this could work on anybody, it´s my only experience with maybelline E/S and I only hope they´re not all this bad, cuz this one is horrendous! I´m giving this one lippie b/c I have to give at least one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

When i first found this pallet, i thought it was an amazing selection of colours. I'm fair-skinned and although i usually go with bold, edgy looks, i've been getting into softer, more natural looking colours lately.
I really love the choices we get here, but i hate that there seems to be no coverage for me. The darker shades show up well, where as the others are very subtle. My faves are the blue and green, the green working best. The white (which i use for my highlighter) doesn't even show up well... bummer.
I have to cake on the blue in order to get any decent pigmentation and i have to re-apply several times throughout the day. I really like the pallet but i will no repurchase due to lack of coverage--and the price was too steep for me personally.