Mary Kay Whipped Cocoa Eyeshadow

No Image

3.9

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

oh hell no!!! did I totally get ripped off. Shame on you Mary Kay! shame on you. I will never buy any eyeshadow from mk ever again. I'm thoroughly heated over this. they charge $8 for 1 shadow. That one shadow comes in a pan that is in a plastic snap container because MK sell the compact separately for $17, shame on you again. now I know many companies do this but the actual pan size is a joke or a slap in the face. you get 1gram of product (I think) basically it's the size of a nickel. and it has mild fall out. but if I'm not getting much product for the price, I don't want any fall out. the shadow itself is nice but is it made from magic fairy dust. is the fall out going to start folding my laundry. for the price it better. I'm very angry about this because I waited so long just to be let down completely. yes, the formula is buttery smooth and pigment is nice but if you wanted to build a palette it would be $65 for 6 shadows in a pocket sized palette. do yourself a favor and but yourself a palette at Sephora like the naked by urban decay. that formula seems to be the same. more shadows. less $$. and ud naked comes with a mirror and a little eyeshadow brush that's decent. shame on you Mary Kay. and if you bring this up to a consultant that will say but it's mineral and good for your skin....bs vs bs. I'm so mad. I will take a photo to show how tiny it is. if you like single shadows almost any is better. mac single shadows . color pop. even mabelline all have the same quality and is cheaper. if MK is trying to be to Ford or dior??? overpriced. no bueno.

on 2/25/2010 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Whipped cocoa is a perfect mid tone brown. Before I got into mac i used this all over my lid with spun silk as a highlight and espresso in the crease. Now I use it to fill in my brows after I pencil them in. This color is almost identical to hazelnut, in fact I usually cannot tell them apart since both are in my compact together for my brows hazlenut is my backup). The color is matte with no shimmer whatsoever. It is also dc now. Will not repurchase since I have the other color I mentioned and cork from mac.

on 12/30/2009 10:13:00 AM

I loved this color. The matte brown looked really good with a bronze eyeliner for a day look. Unfortunately the eyeshadow didn't last the day even though I wore UD primer potion underneath. Not a keeper for me.

on 1/29/2008 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As other reviewers have noted, Whipped Cocoa is a matte medium brown eye shadow. I wish it were a bit more taupe (had more gray in it), because once it is applied to my skin, it has a bit of pink cast to it that isn't the most flattering to my pale complexion. It works well as a lid or crease shade, but I will look for a medium taupe, rather than brown, next time.
Ingredients: Talc, Boron Nitride, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Corn Starch, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Glyceryl Rosinate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Carmine, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Lake, Chromium Oxide Greens. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A very basic matte neutral medium brown shade, not reddish or muddy, does look like its title. I am a MAC NC30 and this is good for me as a lid color - not deep enough to be a crease color for me. Mary Kay eyeshadows are nice and silky, last a long time on without creasing, and are nicely pigmented. Not as heavily pigmented as maybe MAC, UD, or NYX but definitely similar to Aveda in quality. I hate the refillable packaging system. They should create something like a big palette case not just blush and E/S. You can really find these for less on Ebay, I recommend buying there instead of direct from your SA.

on 2/28/2006 7:55:00 AM

This color is similar to MAC Cork, a medium-light brown. It's matte; no shimmer or glitter. It seems to have less color payoff than MAC but it does have a fine texture. The eyeshadow comes in a half-oval that fits into one half of a Mary Kay palette socket. If you don't have the cassette, you'd use the shadow covered by a relatively good quality plastic sleeve, but not as good as a small Shu shadow container. Interestingly, though dry this shadow goes on light, it goes on darker than Cork when wet (I tried both side by side.) It's a bit warmer/pinker than Cork. There is a good quantity of shadow in the small pan.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

wonderful med. brown that goes on great and isnt too dark on this LLL. I pair it up with spun silk for a beautiful shimmery nude eye look. This is a keeper.

on 10/5/2004 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like this color very much on my skintone - I am a PPP and use this as a crease or a lid shade - depending on the time of day.

Very neutral and easy to wear - plus the price is right!

Reviewing Whipped cocoa eyeshadow for MK. This color was one that my consultant recommended and I didn't think I'd like. Now I use it every day! It's a very neutral color and looks great applied to the whole lid. I also love my copper beach and I'm going to try some of the new colors soon. I have the cinnibar and it's kind of dark, but goes well with the cocoa.

on 2/1/2004 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Mary Kay's eyeshadows are fantasic! They last very, very, well and have some great nautral looking colors. Whipped Cocoa is a matte taupe (looks similar to MK e/s in Taupe, but a tad darker). I love the Taupe e/s in the crease of my eyes and this one looks good too but since it's a little darker I'd do the Taupe for daytime and Whipped Cocoa for night. Just a bit dark for me, but would look better on others.