Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]
Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

3.8

water, bifida ferment lysate, methylgluceth-20, PEG-75, butylene glycol, bis-PEG-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, arabidopsis thaliana extract, tripeptide-32, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, lactobacillus ferment, cola acuminata extract, retinyl palmitate, pantethine, caffeine, glycereth-26, sodium RNA, squalane, oleth-3 phosphate, oleth-3, oleth-5, bisabolol, choleth-24, ceteth-24, hydrogenated lecithin, anthemis nobilis, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, xanthan gum, tea-carbomer, trisodium EDTA, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, benzyl alcohol, green 5, yellow 5, and red.
This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

Estee Lauder reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this on and off for a couple of months. My issue is that I have slight redness and old spots which take months to heal. I can't say I've noticed a considerable difference in the texture of my skin but have to say it makes me look a lot healthier and radiant. I'm going to continue to use and hope over time this will change and improve further. I think my downfall is not being consistently using this product. It is expensive but I'd honestly keep buying it just because my skin seems to love it.

on 3/9/2015 11:23:00 AM

I love this! i have been using it for years on and off(off due to the price of it only!) and it is so good for my skin! I have really sensitive skin and it isn't easy to find a serum that will hydrate enough without leaving my skin feeling oily.

on 9/13/2014 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This is my second time around using ANR. The first time (3 years ago), I used the ANR Whitening Recovery Complex which I had gotten off of eBay. This time around, I bought the SRC from an actual store, thinking I would get a fresher, authentic-verified supply giving me better results. Not really.

I really did not find anything rave-worthy about this product. I think it's an average serum in terms of results. I saw no difference in my fine lines, hyperpigmentation, or overall radiance. My skin did feel moisturized after using it. I thought that it *might* be making my skin softer and smoother, but I finished the bottle several months ago and have not seen a difference in my skin after stopping it. I do already have a good anti-aging skincare regimen. I think that maybe people who do not use other serums or who don't have an extensive skincare regimen already would benefit more from using this.

on 6/25/2014 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I first tried ANR last year and loved the results I got with it! I tried to convince myself that due to the price and my love for shoes, clothes, purses etc. I should perhaps find something more reasonably priced. Well the thing is there was nothing as amazing. I love the way my skin looked glowing, refined and lines looked less pronounced. I did ultimately repurchase and won't be giving it up again because after all you only get one skin :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been religiously using this product every night since I was 20 without fail with Estee Lauder's ANR Eye Serum (wow thats more than a decade now!)
Started using this when I got it as a sample & never stopped repurchasing because I loved how it felt on my skin; not sticky & absorbs quickly.
I only use half of the recommended 'full' dropper after toner & recently just added SK-II's FTE into my regime so EL's ANR goes right after that; before the toner & essence dries up so the serum mixed with the liquids absorb faster.
I have tried going off this product a few times but find that I always come back because my complexion looks kinda dull without it. Even my husband seems to realise this without me telling him!
How do I know this works? Easy. I compare my complexion with people up to 5 years my junior; and I am still wrinkle free ;)

on 5/31/2014 2:04:00 AM

This product is a huge waste of money. For $80 including tax this is just not worth it. It feels like I'm just putting water on my face and the results are very much the same. The texture is very thin and watery and leaves a slight tacky feeling to the skin, and you then apply your moisturizer. My skin looked no different at all using this product and it's been a month now. It could possibly be breaking me out as well, because I feel like whenever I use it a couple days later I seem to wake up with at least 2 cystic acne spots ... I have no problem shelling out some extra cash if it's for something that really works and does wonders for my skin. This product, however, just does not cut it ! Save your money on this one and get a clarins face oil or some (much cheaper !) cetaphil face cream, which I use at nighttime. Those are what I use in part of my nighttime routine and they're great. Very pissed I spent that much money on this as well ... almost 100 bucks for glorified water that you pat on your face. Such garbage. You're strictly paying for the hype and the brand name. Reviews of women who swear they've used this for years and that it is their secret to youthful looking skin really sucked me in. They must have amazing skin to begin with because this literally does nothing, no positive attributes. Do not buy this, it's a huge waste of money.

I'm 24, soon to be 25 and I've been using this for 6 months now to get a better texture and a more even skin tone. I have pale skin with a few acne scars (not the kind of scars that are skin toned indents but the ones that are shallow and pinkish, which are ghosts of acne that healed and just don't want to go away for weeks). It works both to get a better texture and to fight with the uneven skin tone. I definitely get a smoother skin in the mornings and a better color.

It's super expensive, I changed my mind about it occasionally if it was worth it or not but after months I can say that it is worth it. Probably because it has no alternative to it. I have looked at many things and haven't quite found something similar to it that was cheaper. I don't know if it's a consolation but I have been using it for 6 months and I still haven't ran out of it, that's a plus on the price part I guess.

on 5/21/2014 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had purchased a bottle of this a couple of years ago and liked it, but had not felt the need to repurchase it as I didn't notice a huge difference. I used it occasionally after that, as Estee Lauder is pretty good about putting samples of this in its GWP.

Then, this winter, my skin was the driest it had ever been. I felt like all the heavy creams I was putting on were only temporarily hydrating, and nothing was actually fixing the problem. I also didn't like the consistency of other serums I was using/ had tried.

I decided to repurchase this as I had a feeling it would solve the problem. And it did! It truly adds moisture, particularly if you seal it in with an actual cream following application of the serum. I also love the consistency, as it absorbs quickly and I don't feel like I'm piling tons of layers of various product on my skin (I use a fair number of products). Even a few months ago when it was still the dead of winter, while using this I no longer saw the flaking and parched skin, and even the lines I sometimes got from dry skin.

I think it has also aided skin texture a bit, although my tone/ texture is quite good already from AHAs and BHAs. I like that this serum not only adds moisture and improves texture, but also is full of good anti-oxidant ingredients for skin. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Such an overpriced product but here is my review.

Two weeks in: yes, my pores are significantly smaller in appearance. I have very large pores.

I look rested. I am an exhausted student and this has made me look less puffy, less jowlely (if that's a word) and overall more refreshed looking.

Prior to this I used 'When Hope Is Not Enough" by Philosophy and it didn't perform like this. So yes, this does something.

With that said, Paula's Choice has a new vitamin C serum that is half the cost and apparently (according to the reviews) performs just as well. That is my next purchase. Ill compare the two & let MUA know.

on 3/22/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

[For reference, my skin type is dry, sensitive and acne-prone] Unfortunately this made me break out in cystic acne which only happens when I have a bad reaction to a product. I should note that I was using the old formula without the inclusion of hydrolyzed algin, though since algin is highly comedogenic I can't imagine faring any better with the updated version. The formula itself is quite strange since it's not really smooth enough to be a serum and is too thick to mimic a toner; it's quite watery but leaves a sticky film on the skin that never really goes away. Thankfully I received it as a present because this stuff is expensive and I would hate to have wasted that much money!