Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]
Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

water, bifida ferment lysate, methylgluceth-20, PEG-75, butylene glycol, bis-PEG-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, arabidopsis thaliana extract, tripeptide-32, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, lactobacillus ferment, cola acuminata extract, retinyl palmitate, pantethine, caffeine, glycereth-26, sodium RNA, squalane, oleth-3 phosphate, oleth-3, oleth-5, bisabolol, choleth-24, ceteth-24, hydrogenated lecithin, anthemis nobilis, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, xanthan gum, tea-carbomer, trisodium EDTA, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, benzyl alcohol, green 5, yellow 5, and red.
This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

Estee Lauder reviews, photos and discussion

on 11/12/2015 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Estée Lauder skincare leaves much to be desired. I also got this as part of a purchase gift bag. Again, I don't see what's the big deal with this brand. I got nada from this serum. It's going in the trash.

on 6/22/2015 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Tried this because my sister swears by it. I used this every night and sometimes in the day, for about 2 weeks, of course used it with a moisturizer, but this still dried out my already dry patches on my cheeks. This did not work for me and the smell was not that nice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've been really slack lately for the past 6 months with skin care & as a result, my skin is dry, aged, saggy and the pores are extremely visible. Last night I decided slacking off and went to the estee lauder counter at Chaddy, picked up this and the micro essence. I came home and immediately used both. I think because my skin condition was so bad, it was really apparent that it worked instantaneously. My skin was immediately hydrated, plump and my pores looked 80% smaller!! This is just after one application. I did not expect such great improvement with just one application, I'm still reeling! I think for it to be obvious that its doing something, your skin has to be in a really bad condition to see the effects. I'm ashamed to say, mine was.

on 3/22/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

[For reference, my skin type is dry, sensitive and acne-prone] Unfortunately this made me break out in cystic acne which only happens when I have a bad reaction to a product. I should note that I was using the old formula without the inclusion of hydrolyzed algin, though since algin is highly comedogenic I can't imagine faring any better with the updated version. The formula itself is quite strange since it's not really smooth enough to be a serum and is too thick to mimic a toner; it's quite watery but leaves a sticky film on the skin that never really goes away. Thankfully I received it as a present because this stuff is expensive and I would hate to have wasted that much money!

on 1/5/2014 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE NEW FORMULA "Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II".

Let me start off saying that I have a very elaborate skin care routine so it is unusual for me to see a dramatic change from a new product.

I bought this product a couple of weeks ago and on the first use, I was amazed at how my skin felt. It immediately felt like a baby's skin, so supple and smooth. I then followed up with my normal skin care routine and it was just flawless. The next morning my skin was softer and smoother.

I've used the product 7 times and I have not noticed any effect on the hyperpigmentation I have but it has made my undereyes look firmer and reduced any fine lines I have all over my face. Also the texture is smoother. My skin looks brighter and more radiant (especially when used in combination with vitamin C serum).

Overall this serum does something and just gives my skin that 'healthy' look which is indescribable.

I would recommend this to anyone but I feel like as its main effect for me seems to be on wrinkles and firming then it would be best for more mature skins (I'm only 20).

I would repurchase despite the price!

UPDATE:

I'm now about to finish my second large bottle of this and I have to admit, I don't think I will purchase it again. For the first month it is a FANTASTIC product but then it becomes a bit vanilla! I think it's due to the vitamin C potency decreasing as it tends to be less potent after 30 days.

It's an amazing serum if you can afford to restock it but I think I will go back to DIY vitamin C serum as it has the same effects for cheaper and you can remake it when it loses potency!

When I'm no longer a squabbling piss poor peasant I shall return to using my beloved ANR serum again! 😁

on 11/30/2013 5:11:00 PM

I bought this product after I used a sample size and I was really satisfied with it: it faded my acne a bit and felt really good on the skin. I bought the big bottle after my birthday and at first, I wasn't happy with this product anymore: it seemed to do nothing for my skin. But now, in the cold winter months, I began using it again (2-3 times a week, using it more gives me spots) and I'm really satisfied. It's really odd: you don't see any actual difference, but when you put it on in the night, you look really good in the morning. Your skin has more color in it, you look more radiant and your make-up applies better. I recommend using it during the winter months (I work as a beauty advisor for Yves Rocher and you shouldn't use serums all year long, since it makes your skin lazy and over-moisturized), not more than 2-3 times a week and I find that applying a thin layer works better than a thick layer: I once made a face mask out of it, and it did absolutely nothing for my, plus I lost like 1/4 of my bottle. I felt really stupid.

I really like the bottle and the packaging: it has a old-school apothecary feel to it and I also really like the smell, but you have to like spicy, medicinal-like scents.

I would definitely recommend it, but it's very pricey, and you don't have to use it all year long.

on 11/10/2013 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really wanted this to work for me; however, my skin just didn't like it but I am pretty certain that most people that tried this would fall in love with it. GET A SAMPLE and try it, please. I had tried the older version, and it was amazing. Dark spots disappeared, my skin felt soft and supple, and I just RADIATED. I stopped using it because I was really just too poor to purchase it (thank you, college!). I had the same thing happen with this formula... for a week. Then, I began breaking out. I was wondering if it was an external factor (stress, hormones?) so I tried it again. I broke out, YET AGAIN. I am terrified because I'm not quite sure I will find something that was so amazing as the original formula.

THAT being said, I have had success using this as a spot treatment. I am guessing that the clarifying element that was added is the culprit of my breakouts. It's probably just too strong for my acne-prone and very reactive skin. So, it's basically a very expensive spot treatment. Since I use so little of it now, I am betting that I will get a lot of use out of it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure if it's because my face has gotten "used" to the serum?

I got a sample of the old formula, and IT WAS A MIRACLE OVERNIGHT PRODUCT. I had really patchy skin with pigmented acne scars, and the old formula lightened that area overnight AND reduced the patchiness!

My skin has been really dry, patchy, and breaking out recently so decided to get a sample of the new formula. First things I noticed, the smell is rather plastic-ish (similar to the old one but more chemical-ish), the formula is more runny, previously it's more jelly-ish. Secondly, when applied, the old formula felt good on my face, a little soothing even, this just feels a little drying after it has been absorbed.

I'm still on the fence about this product.

on 8/4/2013 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first serum I've ever tried and it works amazingly. I started using it during a breakout and I saw a difference overnight - my spots appeared less less red and irritated, and with continued use, my skin began to look healthier, more hydrated and less bumpy. The consistency of the ARN serum is different to other Estee Lauder serums that I've since tried (Perfectionist and Idealist Illuminator) and I prefer it because it is very easily absorbed and feels nice on the skin. The packaging is very sanitary. It is pricey but it's worth it because only 2-3 drops every night is sufficient and since using up my bottle a couple months ago my skin hasn't felt as healthy so I will definitely be repurchasing the next time Estee Lauder offers a gift with purchase :D

on 7/30/2013 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I also got whiteheads after using this, in areas where I don't usually break out (around the eyes).

Despite still having the occasional breakout, I'm getting to the age where I'm starting to notice fine lines. I tried this product hoping to improve the overall appearance of my skin, but it didn't work for me. This felt like a gel mask on my face, one I couldn't peel off. It was uncomfortable and the sensation would wake me up. Each morning after I used it, I would have little clogged pores and inflamed whiteheads.

I returned this product after using it for 2 weeks. It's too expensive to hang onto it if it doesn't work!

This product may be great for more mature skin, or on skin that has absolutely no chance of breaking out, but otherwise I would not recommend this product.