Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]
Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

water, bifida ferment lysate, methylgluceth-20, PEG-75, butylene glycol, bis-PEG-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, arabidopsis thaliana extract, tripeptide-32, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, lactobacillus ferment, cola acuminata extract, retinyl palmitate, pantethine, caffeine, glycereth-26, sodium RNA, squalane, oleth-3 phosphate, oleth-3, oleth-5, bisabolol, choleth-24, ceteth-24, hydrogenated lecithin, anthemis nobilis, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, xanthan gum, tea-carbomer, trisodium EDTA, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, benzyl alcohol, green 5, yellow 5, and red.
This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

Estee Lauder reviews, photos and discussion

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Me and this product go wayyy back. I used to be a counter manager at Estee Lauder back when I was 19. I have to say, ladies used to walk up to our counter, and I could tell right away who used this, and who didnt, and especially those who used this for years and years. Women who were 70+ were coming to our counters looking not a day over 50. It shaves YEARS off of your face. Decades even. The key is to use it BEFORE You screw your skin up.

When I first tried it, it kinda broke me out. I was told by everyone to keep using it, just stick with it. So I did. After all was said and done, it ended up saving my skin in the hot Arizona heat and sun. When I didn't use it, I could tell.

The best thing about this product is the Hyaluronic Acid. Best. Ingredient. Ever. It literally takes any moisture and traps it in your skin, leaving it soft and supple. The serum prevents 95% of future damage to your skin. It blocks free radicals from the sun, smoke, whatever else, from damaging your skin. This stuff is a miracle worker, but it DOESNT WORK OVERNIGHT! This is the kind of product you use for a long time, and then one day you wake up and you are like Why do I even bother wearing makeup? It evens out your skin tone, plumps up fine lines and wrinkles, and makes any product you put on your skin 10000x more effective. It leaves your skin with a beautiful, supple, glow that you just can't get from any old product.

The deal is, use it after you wash your face, and then WAIT for it to sink in. Your skin will feel a little tacky. It's not the best texture. Wait til it's almost dry and THEN apply your moisturizer. Also, you don't want to rub it in. You want to use the tips of your fingers and LIGHTLY TAP ALL AROUND YOUR FACE. The serum will figure out where it needs to be, and act accordingly. I know it sounds silly, but its true. I actually took a class on this. LOL.

It's expensive. :( Too expensive for me right now. (I'm pregnant and therefore not working, so in order for my husband to not freak out, I switched to Makeup Artist's Choice Gly-Luronic Serum which has the Hyaluronic acid as well as Glycolic Acid, and it's about 1/10 of the price, but doesn't have all of the same free-radical blocking benefits.) But I'd gladly buy this product again and again, and probably will once I have some money of my own to spend. I hope this helps! :)

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I'm now in my mid-thirties. I used to smoke. It started to show about age 31, when I couldn't help but notice I always looked tired in the morning, no matter how much sleep I'd gotten. "You're not tired. You're old," my older sister explained. I bought a bottle of this brown stuff, then, because it was expensive, which felt important in a magical thinking way, and because it was much recommended by magazines and it didn't seem like a trendy thing but very dowdy and I figured if it was dowdy it had to be doing something not to be discontinued after all this time. I had no idea if it was doing anything, actually. I just kept using it before bed, like I just kept brushing my teeth. Then I went away on a trip for a week and I forgot to take it. Two days into my trip, when I looked in the mirror one morning, I stopped breathing briefly. My face looked like unfolded origami. I cursed every delicious cigarette and every warm bask in the sun. When I got home, in what I felt was an advanced state of decomposition, I carefully washed and exfoliated and aspirin-masked and then slapped the brown stuff on followed by my usual basic moisturizer. A few days on, I looked plausibly like a woman who could still bear children. After a week, I got catcalled by one of those unemployed guys who hangs out next to the bakery. I glared at him, yet I confess I felt relief. I think this stuff does something. What or how, I cannot tell you, but I am not leaving it behind again.

on 6/11/2010 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I will buy this in bulk, in a heartbeat! I don't really care WHAT it costs and I'm frugal to the point of cheap! I got a sample, used it on 1 side of my face about a week, and compared the changes. What a difference. It's been well over 2 months now, and after that first split face experiment, I had to use it on both sides, because the difference was too obvious and looked strange.

I'm 53 with blotchy redness due to allergies, eczema, rosacea and just plain aging redhead skin. Very fair, thin skin that shows any redness or age spots all too clearly. Sun damage, age etc.

I started with the face, but I make a point of treating my neck and decollete region when I do my face. Here's what I saw:

---A massive almost overnight decrease in overall redness. This has continued to the point of almost not having a problem at all. I notice it takes a few days to come back when I stop the serum so this isn't a one shot cure all.

---A smoothing of the skin texture, almost a porcelain moist feel. Beautiful texture. No dry scaly patches, no rough bits. Moist not dry. No zits.

---An evening out of skin colouration, almost a transparency of youth coming back. The age spots/brown patches are fading.

OK I have had some really good results with my Regenerist in the day and retinol from Neutrogena at night. But this is removing even what is left after the Regenerist spf stuff and the Regenerist serum in the daytime. (At night on top of the EL serum I use Neutrogena's Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture. I don't plan to quit using Regenerist or Neutrogena's night cream)

---My wrinkles are less obvious, and those really saggy neck circles (I'm over 50, these "rings" around the neck are part of that age process) are tightening up and becoming less noticeable.

UPSHOT OF ALL THIS:: As I plan to explain in my notepad on my regimen, this serum is now an essential part of my night routine along with that Neutrogena retinol stuff. I will continue using Regenerist serum and spf in the day, because I've had good results from that too and I think this is a great add on to my regimen. It would be a mistake to quit other stuff that works, and if they work well together to give the results I want, I'm not going to fix what isn't broken.

on 12/6/2011 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have started using this product again under the Estee Lauder Ultimate cream and it is fantastic! I also used it during very extensive radiation treatments (face/neck) and I was the only one who did not get the dark 'burn' mask. My doctor commented on this and I told her what I was using and she is now recommending it to patiens getting head and neck radiation treatments. As this product saw me through the worst of times, I know for sure that it will serve me well as time goes on.

on 3/14/2011 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This serum was the best, in the beginning. Estee Lauder often gives generous samples of their products, and thats how I started using this. My skin drank it up, and gave a nice smooth complexion. I was so greedy I used it twice a day, before going to bed and in the morning under the makeup. I was having problem with my skin when I first started using it. I had (and still have) eczema and my skin started to become super dry, flakey and peeled horrendously around the mouth area. Nothing could save it, and this serum did an excellent job. I thought I have found my life saver. But I was so wrong!!!! The serum stopped its amazing effect after about 6 months of daily use. It just went flat on me. My skin continue to drink the moisture but it didn't solve the dry flakey problem anymore like it once did. It lost its effect as a nourishing serum and became just like any other useless serums I have used before. I stopped using it for a while, around 8 months, and tried to go back to it again since I was so in love with this serum. But still its not working, and I started to have tiny bumps all over my face. I switched to pure natural emu oil, and I started to see improvement again. A good friend of mine, a doctor, told me that we need to be really careful with many of these chemical-based skin products. These products often work to deliver moisture to your skin by pushing your natural oils to the surface and also coating it with silicones and artificial ingredients. You will look great for a while and think this product is really working. But after sometime, the chemicals will cause your skin to lose its memory to produce natural oils on its own, and all the natural oils will be depleted or sucked out to the maximum by the chemicals, especially in its earlier over-zealous effort to push these oils out earlier. You will eventually end up with more problem than before you started using the product. I seriously think this Estee Lauder serum is an example of such a product, and thats why it stops working after sometime and worsens the skin problem.

On a side note, I don't know why the Estee sales ladies at the counter near my place are always so bitchy and rude. On 3 separate occasions when I went there to buy cosmetics, their attitude was appalling but I still kept going to buy a little lipstick or something. My friend complained the same thing about the Estee ladies near her place. She was given free samples when she purchased some products, and when she wanted to know more information about these product samples, she was told to just take them and don't ask too many questions! Together we have sworn we are never going to buy Estee again.

on 6/25/2009 7:13:00 AM

Have not tried it yet since it is not yet available in the EU but I found the ingredients list:

Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex
NEW 2009 May
Ingredients:
Water,Bifida Ferment Lysate,Methylgluceth-20,Peg-75,Butylene Glycol,Bis-Peg-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane,Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract,Tripeptide-32,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate,Lactobacillus Ferment,Cola Acuminata Extract,Retinyl Palmitate,Pantethine,Caffeine,Glycereth-26,Sodium Rna,Squalane,Oleth-3 Phosphate,Oleth-3,Oleth-5,Bisabolol,Choleth-24,Ceteth-24,Hydrogenated Lecithin,Anthemis Nobilis,Sodium Hyaluronate,Tocopheryl Acetate,Lecithin,Xanthan Gum,Tea-Carbomer,Trisodium Edta, Bht, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Green 5, Yellow 5, Red 4

PS: Oct 18 2009: I have tried ANR SRC. I do have this and the older version at home. Comparing the two there is no difference at all when it comes to consistency, colour etc.
Estee Lauder Co. say that the newer version (which has 12.4% Bifida Ferment Lysate and Tripeptide-32, Lactobacillus Ferment and Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract) has a 14% more protective ability than the original ANR (which had 12.4% Bifida Ferment Lysate). So the newer version protects 69% against UVB induced skin damage.
IMHO, maybe adding just 1% Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (stable VitaminC) might have increased protection of the skin even higher :)
I still vote for use of sunscreen everyday for protection of the skin :)

on 1/17/2006 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have been using this serum for about 7 years now. I purchased my first bottle the month I turned 30. I think EL has some fantastic products out there, and they are well known in the industry for being very cutting edge in their skincare research. I visited several EL counters, and asked what product they would suggest to a 30 year old woman, to start using on combination skin for anti-aging purposes. It was unanimous. In addition to separate SPF, every single makeup artist recommended Advanced Night Repair. They all said different things about what it would do. Everything from even out skintone, to healing cuts, helping acne scars fade, and so many other benefits. In addition, it seems to be the one product they all use themselves. So I purchased it. I have been using it religiously, almost every night for 7 1/2 years. Other than a temporary battle with adult hormonal acne, I am very pleased with my skin. When I was 30, I looked about 27. Now, my skin looks like that of a 30 year old, even though I am actually 38. My skin tone has remained pretty even. It is always soft and plump. I have no facial wrinkles, and only the tiniest little lines by the corner of my eye. I am not 100% sure of exactly what this serum is doing for me, but I know that without it, my skin would not have the natural, healthy look that it currently has. When I compare my skin to my girlfriends of the same age, I notice a big difference. My skin is clearer, more radiant, has fewer discolorations, no ruddiness and no under eye lines and crow's feet. It looks tighter, yet has that natural softness to it. I know I have good genes, and I wear SPF almost daily, but my Estee Lauder serum definitely helps.

on 8/3/2009 10:50:00 AM

After reading some of the reviews, I had to respond. Night repair was actually made to be used at night, after you cleanse, topped off with a moisturizer. It is NOT a moisturizer on it`s own. It contains hyaluronic acid, which is a moisture magnet. The new product was tweaked to compete with how the environment has changed so drastically. You see, 90% of skin damage is from the environment. I like the new product, it`s a little thinner, and it goes a longer way . I don`t mind the plastic bottle, if it drops, no shattering, better to travel with. This product has been around for 30 years, and it has proven results. You can use it twice a day if you want, but my suggestion is use it at night, and in the morning use either Lauders`s Perfectionist or idealist as your daytime repair product.

on 8/16/2012 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If I could give a 10points on a product, this is it!Can't believe I wait this long to try this serum. Rave alright. See, I've been battling cystic acne for 20 years!I'm 34 now and the acne just got worst and worst to the point I gave up all medications, oral and topical since I can't bear to think yet applying another acne product on my face - was just so sick of it. My skin was at its worst condition, literally hundreds of comedones oozing from my pores (eeewww),
big red angry bumps, not to mention deep and shallow acne scars (red/puple/brownish/ice pick one, you name it I had them), dull blotchy skin, and I was used to having more than 10 big bumps on my face, with puss or no puss :).
I was the type of person where strangers stop to asked what is wrong with my face and started giving 'advice' :(

To add insult to the injury, at my age, my skin has started to show aging - I smoke heavily, dont exercise, so there is no glow whatsoever from my skin. I was feeling very very low.

Then enter this serum, I wasn't expecting much, maybe a little hydration, whatever, since at that point my skin was so bad and having been let down by numerous expensive skincare products, I do not dare to set high expectation.
Within one week of using this serum my skin has improved sooooo much, the dark acne scars are significantly reduced, my 'youthfull glow' is coming back, my pores are tighten up, overall appearence of my skin is wayyy better and best of all, it seems to reduced greatly the numbers of comedones I have/had, heals my cystic acne and prevent new ones forming. Wow, I am so very very impressed, btw I already use this serum for more than a month now and it is getting better and better. Sure, my acne is not 100% gone, but it is now reduced, like maybe 80%, which is an impressive result, may I say.

Will I buy it again?you betcha, will buy it by gallons if possible :).

UPDATE Nov 2012 :
trying to be cheap and used cheaper serum, yupp...cystic acne comes back again, skin is less bright, etc - quickly reached deep into my pocket (sigh...) and buy yet another bottle of this lovely serum..

Holy wow! I got a bottle of this free, as part of the cosmetics settlement in the US from 1/20-1/27. I had never tried it before but figured, why not! I didn't expect a whole lot, I am 39 and have pretty good skin, but I'm not 23, and my skin is fair and dry and tricky. I figured it was free so any improvement would be fine.

I've used it now for THREE DAYS and notice a difference. Trust me, it is the product, I use a number of products on my face from fighting years of blistering sunburns as a kid (and I have red hair), and nothing else changed. If anything, I went out during this same time to a party, and had ... well, a few, and I should be looking rougher if anything. Caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, expected to recoil, and was astounded. My skin looks visibly brighter, there is color under the skin (not a flush, just I look glowish and healthy and not forty!), and the texture and dryness is visibly improved. These are the quickest, most dramatic results of any serum I have tried yet, and among the best results of any skin product period.

This giveaway EL did may have been the result of a settlement but they are going to make a LOT of money off of me in the coming years, all from one little freebee bottle.