Shiseido Blush brush

No Image

3.4

on 8/31/2016 9:41:00 AM

It's the softest brush I own but I don't have any of the high-end brushes. My other brushes are ruby and millie, zoeva and real techniques. Even when I swirl it round and round my face I don't feel any prickling, which I do with my Zoeva (goat) powder brush. No idea what the bristles are. It's softer than my goat and sable brushes.
Brush head is small, which I like. Shape is a standard blusher brush shape, a softened slightly flared rectangle. It's not super dense so picks up a light to moderate amount of powder. It diffuses the colour on application. I am liking this as it gives more control and is more foolproof.
Handle is short, brush is shy of 6 inches long in total.
I think you could use this for powder and contour as well as blush.
I haven't washed it yet but given the hairs a tug and none have come out so I'm hoping it will survive washing. I'll be gentle and report back!
I got this on offer, I don't think I would have paid full price for it because that's how I roll. However, it's made me curious to try suquu or hakuhodo or suchlike.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I am surprised by the negative reviews. I really love this brush for blush. I was talked into the MAC 187 by a MAC salesperson and it is just too big for blush, in my opinion. This brush, on the other hand, is the perfect size to place blush exactly where you want it to go. It is very soft and I haven't noticed any shedding with gentle washing/blotting it dry and letting it air dry. I agree that it does not pick up a lot of color but I am fine with that because I prefer to build up intensity gradually. A larger brush head makes it difficult to place color exactly where you want it. I am very happy with the size and quality of this brush.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Smallish blusher brush with crimped metallic brown ferrule and matte black wood handles. It doesnt say which hair on Shiseido's site but it's pretty soft and I'm gonna assume either all or partly squirrel hair. The hair is lightly packed and picks up pigment lightly.

It's a good looking brush and soft but my main problem with it is that it sheds and the hair breaks off. Unacceptable in a high end brush and I have paid even more for a blusher brush than this one. currently retails for $38 plus tax. continued >>

on 6/27/2011 12:56:00 PM

I borrowed this brush from my cousin to apply benefit dandelion on top of blush. I had to buy it cause it looked really nice. The brush is the softest ever.. which means that it doesn't really pick up a lot of product. It is better to use a denser blush brush to apply color, then use this shiseido brush to buff color.

on 5/9/2009 11:28:00 PM

The bristles are unbelievably soft and have lasted through repeated washings. The main caveat is the price--though I hear it is being discontinued. Love how I can use this for anything--to apply blush, to contour, to highlight.

As for the below "biweekly washing" business, I think the excessive washing might have done it. I've had nothing but great results with this brush. It's soft as silk and applies my NARS powder blush with ease.

on 9/10/2005 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although I haven't experienced problems in it picking up the products, after a year of everyday use and biweekly washing, the hairs started falling out all over the place and just won't stop. To compound the problem, the brush has inexplicably "retracted" into the metal joining the head to the handle, and is now only 3/4 inch long! useless! I am switching to a highly recommended Trish McEvoy #37 brush --hopefully I'll do better!

on 1/31/2004 11:10:00 PM

This brush does not pick up any blush. It was expensive and it is useless.

Popular Makeup Brushes