Avalon Organics Avalon Organics Awapuhi Mango Moisturizing Conditioner

Not tested on animals

on 11/6/2012 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is a very decent conditioner for dry hair! Itís very thick in texture, just the way I like it. Does everything a good conditioner is supposed to: hydrates, detangles and leaves my hair soft. And almost naturally! I wish it smelt more like mangos. The scent isnít bad Ė very fresh and herby Ė but the promised mango part is missing.

on 6/1/2011 2:38:00 PM

I'm not really sure what I think about this conditoner, but I do know it works better than the shampoo in the same series. I think it saved my hair from the shampoo, that works awful. But I do not like the smell.

on 11/17/2010 11:02:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

okay so im new here so first comment yay! so..i dont know how helpful this might be since i just used it for the 1st time today...but thus far it seems to be a good product. although i do agree with some of the comments about the smell, its not horrific just...different? either way my hair is soft, no fly-aways, nd my culrs are looking lovely so im content.

on 8/19/2008 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Itís a decent conditioner, nothing special though. It is only AO conditioner that I have tried but compared to AO`s shampoos Ė this conditioner is OK.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is an awful product. I hoped that the gentle ingredients would help me restore my very long hair (it's past my hips), the bottom half of which is in serious trouble. However, the first thing that put me off of this conditioner was the smell. It REEKS. It does not, by any means, smell like mango. It smells artificial...it's hard to describe...maybe like plastic urine mixed with exhaust fumes? And the smell doesn't fade afterwards either. Many hours later, when my boyfriend leaned in to kiss my cheek, he pulled back and made a face as he inquired what concoction I had put into my hair.
Moreover, nasty smell aside, this conditioner did not live up to its promise of moisturizing hair, even after I left it in for 2-3 minutes. I felt no difference washing with this than I did with conditioners that cost less than half as much (a bottle of this stuff will run you around 10 USD). Even after my usual regimen of shampoo, condition, deep condition, I saw simply mediocre results with this conditioner. The only thing that this may help with is detangling, but that small pro is overwhelmingly outweighed by the many cons.
Overall, this conditioner and the companion shampoo are a waste of money, and I am left with dry, smelly hair, and a lighter wallet. continued >>

on 2/26/2006 8:12:00 PM

It's great that it is an organic product but it didn't detangle at all and I did try leaving it on for a good five or so minutes just to see if that would make a difference. Nice scent. Shame it doesn't work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is thick and it makes my hair somewhat soft, but it doesn't detangle very well. It was pretty mediocre.

on 5/31/2005 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this conditioner!!! Works so well on my color treated, fine hair. If you haven't used organic conditioners before, I find with this one (and all others), its best to let it sit b/c it does not have the silicones that cause the "slip" and the automatically "moisturized" feeling. I usually let it go two or three minutes while I wash my face and then rinse with cool water. Fantastic.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Didn't like this product. The smell wasn't appealing to me (and I love mango, so I was surprised) and it didn't work well with my hair, which is dry but also thin. This product didn't seem to moisturize it intensely enough and I got a lot of knots. Same goes for the matching shampoo.

My hair type is normal to oily. It's oily if I dont daily. I bought this w/the shampoo. I dont know if I will rebuy. I'm looking into other S&C's from this line.